The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Q by Cosmo Solano (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..18~19~20 [Next]
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
I just ordered this on Wed, cant wait for this one. The videos look great. I have a feeling this will be one of my top tricks.

Lance.
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Can't wait to hear your thoughts Lance!

We sent this out the next day you should get it soon. I'd be curious to know when it gets there, pls let me know.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
I hope test drive will be good as it sounds!

Thanks Cosmo
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Ordered yesterday. Highly anticipating this one.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
I'm really sold on Q.

So far, I've used it only in impromptu situations. At the outset I show a folded card in my wallet. A spectator creates a card in his head, or draws it on the back of a business card, or goes through the standard "Invisible Deck" procedure, or whatever.

The folded card is revealed, and it is the same card the spectator thought of.

People are really stunned. Happily, not a single person has asked "how did you do that?"-- I imagine because it doesn't appear that you do anything. Usually, it's more like, "how did you know I'd think of that card??"

I've also been thinking of presentations for groups of people. One idea: I have an uncut sheet of Bicycle cards that I could put in a poster frame. A spectator would shoot a suction-cup dart at the array; it sticks to a random card -- which, of course, matches your prediction, a folded card.

Anyhow -- lots of potential!

Cheers,
Jerry
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Hey! I like the dart thing! Very cool! good for parlour stage etc. I was discussing some stage ideas for this with a seattle magician yesterday... I have a routine I'll be doing soon (stage) I want to hang the folded card from the ceiling/rafters in full view... then when it's unfolded it's the prediction etc. or perhaps under glass, in a clear plexiglass box locked etc. Its all in the presentation! A spinning wheel? Hmmm...
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just got this today, and while I cannot say anything much better than TT2's amazing review above, this is a GREAT tool for mentalists, cardicians, etc.

I've never had much experience with with this type of utility, nor do I own one, but I do feel like I made the right choice for my first one.

Amazing attention to detail, I'm just imagining all the different ways I can use this amazing piece of work. Very cool!
Thanks, Coz Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
A lot of creative applications are possible with this and it does look like real magic in the eyes of the audience!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Cosmo had a great idea for an impromptu use of Q (it involved a bag of chips). I've adapted it to other situations when I'm out and about.

Maybe he'll post it here . . .

Cheers,
Jerry
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Couple of impromptu things I've done lately... Eating a bag of chips, I asked someone in line at subway to name a card, they did, I keep reaching into my chips, chomping on them, then push the named card to my fingertips as I reach in, then I pull out my hand and ALMOST bite down on the card, I look confused, surprised etc, then unfold the card.
I was visiting a child in the hospital in Seattle, she had a paper cup on her food tray, I turned it over and asked her to write a card value and suit on the bottom, (of course I access the selected card) and then I picked up the the mouth down cup, place it on my other hand (finger palming the card) and begin to shake the cup up and down, the noise startled her, and I turn over the cup, she removes the card...
One of the first times I performed this, I was caught off guard at a pizza place with a large group, they asked (made) me do some magic for them, having very little on me, (Q in pockets as always) I had taken a coin and vanished it, reproduced it and jokingly kept producing it from behind a ladies ear, then I started doing "Q" and once a card was named by the group, I reached behind the ladies ear and pulled out a folded card... I realized that the coin routine set me up! Everyone went wild.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I picked up a Kennedy Mystery Box 2 this weekend, that and my Q work really, REALLY well together!!
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Hey gang!
First I have to say the general attitude here on the Café is great. Overall I've seen the tagline, magicians helping magicians ring true! I've visited many other threads and seen that it's just the way things are here.
I have gotten many emails and pms about the price of Q going up. The amount of work to make these alone make it hard to keep the price low.
Some of you know that I've been performing full time for over 20 years, I made my first "Q" out of duct tape and was killing with it for a few weeks, then I made a couple out of leather and turned sean preston (popp?) loose with one. He performed (and still does) nightly with it since Oct. We still discuss ideas with it regularly.
All these years I've wanted something that allows me to do what I can do with "Q".
So I have to say that the cost is reflective of the idea, the value of the effect, the design and the performance value it has in real world work, on top of it being a real pain to make.

Along with this, originally I planned a full book with it, but the ideas kept coming, so I decided on an ever growing website with a forum and videos and downloads and more... That's included in what you pay for as well. To me, the amount of impact I've had only performing with it here and there (I had been out of magic for a few years) makes Q worth it by itself. But for those who don't measure with that yard stick, there's a lot that you get with it.

The final price has been decided @ 249.00 Sure you can buy a 15 dollar index, but obviously there's a huge difference.

In an effort to say thanks to the Café members and your awesome encouragement and support I would like to offer a Café members discount, by request only. I am getting other orders from outside the Café and the price is staying where it is. However if you are a Café member please request the discount if your interested.
To be fair the offer is to Café members only.

I also encourage questions before you buy. As I told a guy from England today, the last thing I want is to meet someone someday who says... "oh yeah, I got one of those, its over there on the shelf, I never really used it..." Please ask I'm happy to discuss it with you. After several emails back and forth he ordered it.

Please don't request a discount code unless you're serious as they are generated manually and take time for me to do. I can offer this discount until I release it through dealers which should happen within the next couple of weeks or sooner. To be fair I won't be undercutting the dealers who will carry it.

Thanks again for creating a truly rare thing, a place for magicians to gather who have true respect for our art.

What a great way for me to get back into magic again!
Thanks all for everything...

Coz
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Hey dooblehorn!

Be sure and check out the members only forum for a brilliant touch regarding the kennedy box and Q! Paul Vigil has allowed me to share one of his ideas that he uses at the mirage (king Ink) in vegas. I'll be posting it tomorrow!
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Yippeee!
Phew! The comments (forum) section is now up and running on the members only site for Q owners. Thanks for you patience! Can't wait to start hearing your ideas etc. Lots of content coming in the next couple of days.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Cosmo,

I'm sure I speak for all Magic Café members when I say...THANK YOU for all you do for our magic community.

Regards,
Mike
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Hey thanks Mike! Means a lot to me.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Jerry has touched on a subject in his post above, something that with Q is so important, you see there are so many effects possible, but keeping it simple is what I think is most entertaining to today’s audience, Jerry has a very simple, smooth and clever routine with his wallet, that his spectators will talk about long after the effect is over. The effect is so strong, I love it. Jerry, what are the reactions you are getting. Thanks for sharing.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Hey Dave -- thanks!

As I said above), I have been using Q in impromptu situations:
Quote:
At the outset I show a folded card in my wallet. A spectator creates a card in his head, or draws it on the back of a business card, or goes through the standard "Invisible Deck" procedure, or whatever.

The folded card is revealed, and it is the same card the spectator thought of.

People are really stunned. Happily, not a single person has asked "how did you do that?"-- I imagine because it doesn't appear that you do anything. Usually, it's more like, "how did you know I'd think of that card??"

I think the reaction is so strong because the effect is simple, direct, and impossible.

It seems to me that for Q, simple is best. The spectator can describe the wallet effect, for example, in one sentence. It's a direct line from A (spectator thinks of card) to B (magician shows that card in wallet is the one the spectator thought of). The same holds true with Cosmo's Q Under Glass presentation.

Any direct presentation could be great. The cards are spread face down on the table, and a spectator lets loose a wind-up toy. It stops on one card -- which matches the magician's prediction. With a m****d deck, this could be made even more impossible by showing the prediction first, then the card under the toy.

I know that Cosmo is ramping up the Q website and forum, and no doubt lots of great ideas will be exchanged there among Q owners.

Q is really a dream come true for me.

Cheers,
Jerry
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
A direct line, what a great way to say it, I bet they never even remember there was a wallet, I use the Solstice pad, with a very simple effect, and I get amazing reactions, and the only thing folks remember is, "How did he know what I was thinking" simple is strong,
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Ordered this last night.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Q by Cosmo Solano (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL