The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Lawrence O. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Who is this guy?

I know.

I knew a business associate of his 20-plus years ago and met "O" a long time ago.

I saw the book collection he purchased while it was being prepared for shipping to Paris and had never seen so many 'RARE' books outide of Byron Walker's collection.

He knows the material and has a dedicated mind to read, check and study. His success in business allows him to do and study whatever he wants.
He is GENEROUS with his advice and has helped many in need.

He has a wornderful family as well.

I'm so glad to count his as a good friend.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Too bad he's not in the US so he could run for president. I'd vote for him.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8833 Posts

Profile of funsway
His interests are not only magic -- a Renaisance Man much in need today.

I learn more when he disagrees ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
He brings an excellent philosophical and practical insight to magic.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
When he was seeing one of his sons off to college at the University of Texas last year, he and another of his sons came by the house and spent some time in the museum. It was a real pleasure to have them here.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2010-05-06 19:43, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Etienne....is a fount of knowledge, a true gentleman, and a class act in every way. He has been very supportive of my work, and I too, greatly appreciate his contributions to The Café, to the community at large,....

And with his many many informative posts and database references, he is a font of knowledge too. (grin)
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
One of the fascinating things about this good gentleman is that he expresses himself in English with such clarity and with such precise and elegant prose when, in fact, English is not even his first language.

Fortasse
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Who is Lawrence O?? are you kidding anything you wanted to know about magic but was afraid to ask just ask Lawrence O;
Etienne has become a very close friend in magic and in real life I gave him the nick name "THE BIG BOOK" LOL. His knowledge in magic IMO is second to none.
Etienne and I have shared many ideas over the past several years . he has helped me tweek many of my bold routines and ideas. he is a class act and Terriffic cardician I and am proud to call him my friend.
Your friend and fellow magician
vinny
the godfather of magic
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Amen to all of the above!
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5392 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Adding my thanks, for some of the most constructive time I've spent on the forum reading Etienne's brilliant, informative posts.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
First and foremost, Etienne (aka Lawrence O here) is my friend. Smile

I can remember a couple of years or so back when I got a call from him about visiting the Magic Castle while in Cali (Remember that Mr. O?). Well I live in the Northeast NYC area but immediately contacted the Godfather Vinny here who just made a call -ABRACADABRA- and Etienne was in. Smile Now that's some powerful magic, cross country style - Magicians Helping Magicians. Smile

That's a personal recollection but here on the Café Etienne reminds me so much of the late, great Werner G. Seitz, just a wonderful man and magician and again good friend. As with Werner, I have learned so much from Etienne. He knows good magic when he see's it from the stage to the street corner, he has experienced it first hand and can demonstrate/anaylyze it with the best of them and has. Moreso he is quite intellectual about the craft while being immensely engaging and encouraging to all big & small.

I am but a humble hobbyist who peddles his wares from the street corner in the shadows of the castle. It heightens my day to know that Mr. O, who can drink his coffee anywhere but stops by every now & again to enjoy a cup with me. His advice has been invaluable, his recognition and friendship - Priceless!

Like other great minds & friends such as Vinny, Mickey Silver, Werner G. Seitz, funsway, Great Scott and some important others, Etienne your assistance, great understanding and friendship are much appreciated and absolutely magical. Smile We're lucky to have you here and don't forget I'm still taking you to lunch when you're here in NYC. Smile

-Marion
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I cannot add much to what has already been said here, but I will try.

Etienne's posts are hidden treasures in plain sight, and I consider myself to be very fortunate whenever I happen to come across one. I have probably learned as much from his posts as I have from some books. So very knowledgeable and gentlemanly at the same time.

Thank you Etienne!

Jim
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
I too enjoy his posts. I never fail to gain anything from them
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
I second all the above comments. Plus I'm really happy to count him as a friend on FB, because he happens to sometimes jump on some links on my page to add his precious comments...and sometimes I read his comments to other people ^^
I wish I meet him in person someday...
Thanks Etienne !
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
Beside his knowledge, his (vast)experience, his personnal magic,
what is remarkable about Etienne is his attitude.
His attitude about magic, people.
A mix of generosity, plain speaking and creativity.
A word comes to my mind: youth of the wise man.
Did I say thank you?
Thank you Etienne.
Alex Conradi
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Alex Conradi
I got the opportunuty to have extensive contacts with Etienne in the past 2 months...
the ammount of information and the new ideas that came from, will surely effect my magical carrer...and I see great things coming. I can say that I feel so lucky to have met Lorenceau.
Alex
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Not much to add to the above...
Thanks Etienne!

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3007 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I truly admire Etienne's ability to organize the overwhelming and ever-expanding universe of magic literature into something that can be used and cross-referenced for study. He also has an eye for new talent, with the deep sense of history that is required to recognize what is truly innovative. In addition, he is a very creative thinker in his own right - he shared an original sponge ball routine last year that is innovative, entertaining and a fine example of clever routining drawn from several principles of magic.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
I must add my two cents. Etienne is always full of wonderful insights and arcane references, not only in the field, but in related fields of psychology, philosophy, history, and culture.

His posts are invaluable, and his lists are a wonderful resource.

I add my thanks and admiration to this thread.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Etienne is indeed a major asset to the world of magic. He is a living encyclopedia and not just limited to magic. He graciously shares his treasures with us. They are undervalued. He is a gentleman, scholar, businessman and entertainer.

Etienne, thank you for all that you are and especially being Lucy's and my friend.

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Lawrence O. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL