We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Audio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I doubt the unknowing eyes of laypeople saw anything but magic.

How many times did you guys watch the routine in order find something weak?

The live spectators watched it once.
Youtubers, well that's another story.
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
511 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Well, we are coin magicians watching this. Smile We automatically spot HPC when it happens.

But it does look like something fishy happens at the moment something fishy happens and I do think that lay people detect that from personal experience.

The pace of the entire routine is soft and flowing, with this one really fast thing happening. Knowing what a perfectionist Eric is, I'm sure he'll address this if he feels necessary, there are many solutions.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2010-05-08 19:30, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Perhaps the Gallo sleight instead?

I thought about Lou Gallo's move as well but Eric didn't have the space for doing it on such a small space. Possibly some variants of the HPC as devised by Derek Dingle in his coins through the table routines would be of help.

I hope that everyone understands that my comment find its ground with my admiration and deep liking of Eric's work. Now it is true that top quality magic level creates higher expectations.

I definitely agree with Jaz's comment that no lay audience would notice the slightly weaker point that I highlighted but knowing Eric's taste for totally slick magic, I thought that we owed him a sincere comment... and my sincere comment is that I find this routine very interesting that I like it. It's rare to see a "one behind" plot design and I'm still a fan of Eric's performing style.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I didn't "automatically spot" it.
Eric's charming personality didn't allow me to.

Yes, I'll say that I watched it more than once before HPC was mentioned.
Did I finally catch on? Yes but only because I'm somewhat in the know.

I'm sure Eric would address any possible problems too.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27087 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Forgot to leave a base comment on the routine

Ah, the sound of magic. Bravo Eric.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Very smooth routine: not too complex, very simple for spectators watching and yet extremely magical!

Thank you Eric.

Jim
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Oh thanks to you guys. I'm hoping more people look up Henry Hay's Coins up the Sleeve Routine from Routined Manipulation 2 as a starting point prior to the release of this project so you can compare the two methods. Some people may like the Hay Method. However, I feel my method is much more reliable.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3220 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Excellent Eric! Great routine!
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
The sound of the coins arriving in the pocket is the killer touch - and I am not a close-up person, but enjoyed it thoroughy.

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Nicely done Eric. Bravo!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I loved it! The HPC was ok, I thought. Nice routine, and the sound of the coins arriving is superb.
Henry Hay was a great and underrated magician. His tome, The Amateur Magician's Handbook, was my first ever in magic. It taught me the basics of sleight of hand, and his description of coin magic (his passion) really showed. He was a student of T. Nelson Downs, so he learned from the best.

Good show, old chap!

Chad
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Really like the routine!
Wish you all the best with it and looking for a release.
Jerry
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Hare
I'm a bit late to the party, but this was really nice.

I like how clear and straightforward it is, and how sweetly you've worked out the concept of having the coins simply arrive musically in the pockets.

Very disarming and charming.
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Eric, over the past few years I've known you, it has been a real pleasure to know you and call you a friend, but on top of that, I especially love watching you grow. From a kid who wore over-sized basketball jerseys to a sharp dressed man LOL. You matured in all different ways. Sky's the limit for you, my Friend.

Todd
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4897 Posts

Profile of landmark
Many beautiful moments, but to this watcher, the hand to the pocket at :34 seems unmotivated and suspicious.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2010-05-23 21:56, landmark wrote:
Many beautiful moments, but to this watcher, the hand to the pocket at :34 seems unmotivated and suspicious.

It's perfectly motivated. The pocket is inside out. Gotta turn it right side in.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4897 Posts

Profile of landmark
Ah! That wasn't clear to me on video. Thanks for clarifying.
Best wishes,
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1151 Posts

Profile of Corbett
2 Words: Very Cool.
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
575 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
Eric, just watched this again, and again, I am truly impressed. I remember you telling me this idea, and I thought it'd be a cute trick, but it's unbelievable. Well done.
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Coming soon to PaperCraneMagic.Com

Eric Jones presents a full body close up illusion. This is coin magic at its finest. Four coins are displayed on the palm of the hand. One at a time, the coins are rendered invisible and tossed into the air. As each coins falls, you hear an audible clink in the pocket indicating the moment the coin arrives. This process is repeated until the hands are left COMPLETELY EMPTY, and all four coins are extracted openly from the pocket. No extra coins. No pulls. No hold outs. No gimmicks. The magic is practical for virtually every situation, making this a perfect trick for the casual hobbyist or serious professional. You can even borrow four coins and perform this wonderful piece of impromptu piece of magic.

http://papercranemagic.com/audio.htm
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Audio (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL