The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » CAM 2011 - Vancouver July 28-31st, 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Just a short note to make sure everyone is aware that the CAM convention will combine with the PCAM for a joint event that is sure to be spectacular. Everything you expect from both of these awesome events will be happening at the same time ... what more could you want?

Full details for registering to be made available soon ...

Shawn Farquhar
PCAM President & CAM Vice-President
2010 Canadian Magician of the Year
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7409 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Shawn -

That sounds really great!

Also, congratulations again for being named 2010 Canadian Magician of the Year.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
678 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Cool.
Keep us posted.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
193 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Quote:
On 2010-05-09 03:59, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Just a short note to make sure everyone is aware that the CAM convention will combine with the PCAM for a joint event that is sure to be spectacular.

Cool! I didn't realize that. And I had already been wondering why CAM had added an extra day, from 3 to 4. I guess now I know why.
Links to help Canadian magicians
http://magicinfo.ca/

Follow me on twitter
@magicinfo_ca
Rockabilly
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria, BC,
158 Posts

Profile of Rockabilly
Cool!1 This will be so much fun!!!
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1914 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Yes, finally in the west coast!!!THis one will be sick!!!
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

Registration will open the day after this years PCAM as it will be a combined convention.
The hotel and theaters are booked and several of the acts have even been booked.
This one is going to be off the hook ... the Vancouver Magic Circle is sponsoring it and they do everything well!

Cheers,

Shawn
Mike Segal
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Mike Segal
I'll be there!
Looking forward to it.
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Awesome news brother!

Vancouver will definitely do a totally narley job of hosting it and putting on a great show!

Tony Chris
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

Starting a "wish list" of acts to consider booking. If you have a suggestion or two ... chime in and let me know. The VMC has a committee that really wants this convention to be everything you want it to be ...

shawn
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

Here's a link to the new site announcing next years event. The Vancouver Magic Circle is going all out to make this an amazing event ...

http://www.magicianconvention.com

cheers,

Shawn
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
151 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
I'm wondering how big the convention will be. Is it something like IBM and SAM combined convention held before?
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

Hey Pollysukemaru,

No it will not be similar in size to the IBM/SAM convention. This will be the a medium sized event. I have no intention of trying to co-ordinate something massive such as that event.
The PCAM has had limits on registration for several years and always meets its numbers and the CAM is always a medium sized event. I expect 400-500 folks which is a fun a manageable gathering. I'm not a fan of huge events ... you don't get to meet everyone!

- shawn
Mike Segal
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Mike Segal
This sounds GREAT!
I am really looking forward to it.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

First acts have been released with a focus on the family entertainer.
Drop by the website for all the details and to register.
We have limited space and it's really selling well.
Folks are coming from all over the US, Australia and of course Canada.

-shawn

http://www.magicianconvention.com
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Congrats on being the Canadian Magician of 2010 Shawn.

Gail Rawlinson says to say hi. My wife Bonnie and Gail's sister, Carol have been long time friends. I met Gail last summer when her and Carol came out to visit us for a few days.

I was showing her some magic effects when she mentioned that you both worked on the same cruise ship together. She had nothing but great and wonderful things to say about you.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
yaquimagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of yaquimagic
Been going to PCAM conference for some time and I 'm looking forward to seeing my Canadian friends at the combine conference!
Mike Segal
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Mike Segal
Really looking forward to it, too!
And of course, The Sorcerers Safari Magic Camp will be there....
yaquimagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of yaquimagic
Are there two seperate contest or one for the conference?
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

Yaquinmagic,

To answer your question: Are there two seperate contest or one for the conference?
The contest will be held at one time and if the entrant is qualified they can be judges for both contests at the same time.

Mike Segal,

I am so thrilled to hear that you and Jenn will be coming and helping with youth events and representing your camp. I love Sorcerers Safari camp, the campers and the staff... can't wait for it every year ... this year will be the Best Year Ever... ;-)

Gospel Dan,

Wow, small world. Please pass my regards to Gail. She is such a fun person. Also thanks for your congrats on my being named magician of the year. It is a real honor to be given this title and represent Canadian magicians.

Everyone,

The new CAM website has the names of several mores acts we have booked. The list now includes a few of the close up acts and will soon have a few of the stage ones too. Drop by the new site at http://www.cammagic.ca or http://www.cammagic.org ... same site, two catchy names.

-shawn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » CAM 2011 - Vancouver July 28-31st, 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL