The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Tetanus by Randi Rain and Bizarro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
Well...
Like I keep saying...

The people who are really serious about owning and performing this effect will contact me... And they have.
And I have answered their questions completely.

The others are just going to come here and complain about the ad.

So ask yourself.. which one are you?

Randi
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Quote:
On 2010-05-14 16:27, Tom G wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-14 13:44, Review King wrote:
Considering Randi's track record, I'd hope folks would just buy it and not ask question after question as the ad and the demo are pretty clear on what it is.

She takes pride in her reputation, so she isn't going to release an effect that she hasn't used successfully herself.

Chris

Not to disagree with Randi's track record, but my statement is made in general. Creators/sellers have made the market the way it is with overhyped/not quite so clear ad copy. Much less misleading trailers. I don't blame people for wanting to ask questions before they part with their money. I would never buy something on anyone's reputation. This recommendation to buy the item based on Randi's reputation coming from someone that appears not to own the product.

Just curious what ad copies are you speaking of? Generally an ad copy is an accurate description of the effect without method exposing information. If the consumer assumes more than whats offered in the description then that is on the consumer and not the seller and if you don't prefer this creators material, stop buying it. Having said that there has been multiple purchases I have made where the method was not of my style but generally its a revolving door of negative assumptions of methods and the re-occuring of the less than practical design of effects that cause these debates.

Just a note Randi is part Manson and part genius, I have had the pleasure of seeing this up close and not to my surprise it's nothing short of brilliant.

Shane
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
Thanks Shane.

But I really think I am more Zodiac Killer than I am Manson.

Randi
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Someone tipped the method to me a while back (who was "in the know") The two things I like about this are the ability to not get hurt AND the audience can choose where you slam your hand down.
Official Thread Killer
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2010-05-15 07:35, Stucky wrote:
...AND the audience can choose where you slam your hand down.

That's huge. Should give you a clue as to how much your audience likes you...
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This got moved from Latest and Greatest for what reason?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
608 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
I got and am using Tetanus. This has got to be the last spike roulette version you'll buy.

101% safe, fail-proof, and the audience picks the ones you'll smash your hand onto!

At the start you can demo/show that the spike is solid and sharp (if you want you can even hand them the spike for inspection). You cover it with a cup/paper bag/etc. You introduce the other cups, rearrange the cups in however way you want (they can rearrange the cups by themselves, while your back is turned)... then let them choose the ones you'll smash.

You can even do this while legitimately blindfolded!
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2010-05-28 02:10, Ony Carcamo wrote:
I got and am using Tetanus. This has got to be the last spike roulette version you'll buy.

101% safe, fail-proof, and the audience picks the ones you'll smash your hand onto!

At the start you can demo/show that the spike is solid and sharp (if you want you can even hand them the spike for inspection). You cover it with a cup/paper bag/etc. You introduce the other cups, rearrange the cups in however way you want (they can rearrange the cups by themselves, while your back is turned)... then let them choose the ones you'll smash.

You can even do this while legitimately blindfolded!

HA!!!

Now why couldn't the original ad state something along these lines? Would have made things a little clearer...DUH!
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Be Vague Randi...the people in the know, know you put out quality stuff..the are phishing like crazy
sacramentohypnosis
View Profile
New user
America
78 Posts

Profile of sacramentohypnosis
Well I've recently acquired Tetanus and all I can say is it's Brilliant.

At the end of the day its the Safest by far version that I've ever encountered on the market.

Remember Batteries can die when you least expect them to and then your screwed with some versions.

In other versions you actually do have a genuine nail in a bag (albeit laying ot its side) and the fact is
freak occurences do happen and if a genuine nail is still in play then there is potential for injury simple
as that and one day it will happen to someone, albeit, it won't be such a sbad injury as if the nail were stood
upwards rather than lying down on its side.

Marked base should in theory be safe, but hey there are you-tube video clips galore of people getting
injured using methods that involve a marked base or bag...

I agree that Shattered is sadly (unless distance involved) not exactly the most convincing of solutions (but
that's just my opinion)

However Tetanus is convincing, the spike is truly dangerous and scary looking and performed as instructed
on the DVD this is indeed 100% Safe, your never going to hurt yourself in the way that could (and has with many versions)
happened to others.

Present this correctly and nobody is ever going to want to examine anything at the end anyway, theres absolutely
no reason for them to think about that or want to if you've presented it right.

I've presented this now in my show numerous times, and its by far one of the things that people talk about most.

Admittedly I've added a patter routine, psychological motivation, music and other theatrics to the whole routine which
elevate it way above most others I've seen people perform, but this has only been possible due to knowing that the method
I was and am using is 100% Safe.

This is arguably the biggest bargain that I have ever purchased in my life, I would unreservedly reccomend this to
anyone looking for a Truly Safe, Truly Convincing, Perfectly Made "Russian Roulette" Risk Style Routine.

Any perceived negatives that I have seen mentioned in this or other threads are quite clearly nothing more than
flawed magicians logic...

You won't do better than Tetanus and its a mega bargain at the tiny price it is.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The link in the OP is dead. Is this still available?
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
sacramentohypnosis
View Profile
New user
America
78 Posts

Profile of sacramentohypnosis
Its on Randi'd site here - http://www.t2sterile.randirain.com/

A bargain at $200

And for a small extra charge you can get extra bases and spare spikes.

I paid for extras as my routine uses Six Bases and is themed around gambling
and the throw of a dice to eliminate the five that I smash my hand down on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Tetanus by Randi Rain and Bizarro (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL