The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The man who says he hasn't eaten or drunk for 70 years (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Riiiight.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
He was here in Philly last week caught scarfing down a cheesesteak.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2917 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Well, it could happen. I know a certain showman who hasn't had a thought in his head for about fifty years.
MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

Profile of MagiciennesUnlimited
http://www.cracked.com/article_18519_6-p......ife.html #5 on that list is James Harrisson...also refered to as Goldenarm. A rare enzyme in his blood has saved the lives of nearly 2million babies...

#3 on that list, Henrietta Lacks had a uncanny ability too. She passed from cancer, but...: "50 million metric tons of Henrietta's "immortal" cells have been grown (enough to outweigh 100 Empire State Buildings). In 1952 alone, Henrietta's HeLa cells helped save millions of people (mostly children) during the worst years of the polio epidemic."

Taking these 1 in a billion individuals into account, I'd say it is possible that this man COULD have some type of self survival mechanism, maybe he creates and recyles his own nutrients?...maybe. Science sure is hella 'interestin'.

I'll be watching this story to see if it ends up being BS, but it would be nifty if he ended up being the real deal, and was open to scientific study...
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

"Pain solves everything" -Russ Fox's T-Shirt
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
The circumstances with Henrietta Lacks have become very controversial, and there is a television program in the works about her story.

The problems with the man who says he hasn't eaten or drank in 70 years are many. For one, the scientists weren't trying to determine *if* he could do this, but how* he was doing it; they came into the situation already accepting the validity of his claims.

After long enough without food, and more importantly water, the body starts to consume itself, and death usually results from heart failure.

The scientists report that the man never went to the bathroom. They say at one point, he had a small amount of liquid in his bladder, but that later, it was gone. The question to me is not where did the urine go (I'm pretty sure I know where it went), but, if the man hasn't eaten or drank in 70 years *why did he have liquid in his bladder*?

If he's not taking in sustinance, and he's not wasting away, then where is his body getting nutrients? Breatharians claim they get all their nutrients from sun and air, but that is simply not possible. So, the only option left is that this man is being divinely sustained, which opens up a whole other kettle of fish. (That he can't eat).

mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I have my doubts, having no food maybe it's posible. Having no water as well impossible.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of mindguru
Maybe he secretly eats some dirt, in some culture people have been known to eat dirt or clay.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of mindguru
Now that the story has gone global if his a fake as I suspect he is, he will get exposed, there's too many people iterested now.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"...there's too many people iterested now."

Well...he's safe from me.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Wonder what he used his mouth for then !!!!
MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-05-13 17:45, Stephon wrote:
The circumstances with Henrietta Lacks have become very controversial, and there is a television program in the works about her story.

The problems with the man who says he hasn't eaten or drank in 70 years are many. For one, the scientists weren't trying to determine *if* he could do this, but how* he was doing it; they came into the situation already accepting the validity of his claims.

After long enough without food, and more importantly water, the body starts to consume itself, and death usually results from heart failure.

The scientists report that the man never went to the bathroom. They say at one point, he had a small amount of liquid in his bladder, but that later, it was gone. The question to me is not where did the urine go (I'm pretty sure I know where it went), but, if the man hasn't eaten or drank in 70 years *why did he have liquid in his bladder*?

If he's not taking in sustinance, and he's not wasting away, then where is his body getting nutrients? Breatharians claim they get all their nutrients from sun and air, but that is simply not possible. So, the only option left is that this man is being divinely sustained, which opens up a whole other kettle of fish. (That he can't eat).

The controversy is regarding the fact the Henrietta Lacks never gave permission for her cells to be used, also that millions have been made off her, while her descendants still live in poverty. Not that HELA cells aren't real. If Henrietta Lacks can exist, so can this no consumption guy.

Although this man's story IS likely BS, I believe in science, and still stand by the fact that this COULD be true. People absorb urine back into themselves when the bladder is full, maybe he can do it constantly. He could be his own biodome...The urine could come from a hydrating tumor for all we know, and recycle inside him. -I have a bursa on my foot that fills up every month...where does it go when it drains internally? hmmm. Drinking one's own urine over and over is a survival technique...Perhaps he has a magic bladder that keeps him alive. Better yet-a bladder with a bursa! COULD be he creates his own nutrients. -Maybe his bursas are kin to a one-a -day vitamin. I've seen weirder, and I don't think it's stupid to think this COULD be true. Unlikely, yes, but anything IS possible. Even this.
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2010-05-18 08:59, MagiciennesUnlimited wrote:
The controversy is regarding the fact the Henrietta Lacks never gave permission for her cells to be used, also that millions have been made off her, while her descendants still live in poverty. Not that HELA cells aren't real. If Henrietta Lacks can exist, so can this no consumption guy.

Although this man's story IS likely BS, I believe in science, and still stand by the fact that this COULD be true. People absorb urine back into themselves when the bladder is full, maybe he can do it constantly. He could be his own biodome...The urine could come from a hydrating tumor for all we know, and recycle inside him. -I have a bursa on my foot that fills up every month...where does it go when it drains internally? hmmm. Drinking one's own urine over and over is a survival technique...Perhaps he has a magic bladder that keeps him alive. Better yet-a bladder with a bursa! COULD be he creates his own nutrients. -Maybe his bursas are kin to a one-a -day vitamin. I've seen weirder, and I don't think it's stupid to think this COULD be true. Unlikely, yes, but anything IS possible. Even this.

Oh yeah--I never meant to imply that the HeLa cells aren't real, I just mentioned the controversy as an interesting piece of information.

The significant difference between your bursa, and this man's claims, is that you hydrate your body regularly, so there is a constant, functional balance of fluid in your body. He claims not to. Even if his body was recycling fluid, nutrients, etc., he claims to be a closed system (nothing in, nothing out), so there would be a continual loss of resources due to use, without those resources ever being replenished, eventually leaving zero resources. Same as if someone lived strictly off recycling their urine, their body would use (and therefore destroy) what it could in order to function, and dump the rest, until there would eventually be no urine to excrete.

No one can create their own nutrients, they can only derive them from other sources (conservation of matter). Without those other sources (food and water) to draw the nutrients from, his body would eventually begin to consume itself. And while the body can reabsorb the elements that ultimately make up urine, I can't find any support for the reabsorption of the actual urine. He would have to be the human equivalent of a perpetual motion machine, and perpetual motion is scientifically impossible.

I didn't say it's stupid to think this could be true, just that the facts indicate that what this man is claiming isn't possible. So, either he is lying; there is some other process involved that works differently than his explanation; or it's a true miracle.

MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

"He couldn't create his own nutrients without some raw material (food and water) to draw those nutrients from; his body would eventually begin to consume itself."

I'm arguing that due to some crazy as yet to be explained scientific phenomenon he could, possibly, be the exception to the rule.

When I gave birth, and my urethra was swollen (sorry for the visual...), I had to go through a detox IV because, as the doc's told me, urine had partially been absorbed, and was toxic. It's common in childbirth for this to happen, although a catheter is usually put in before that absorption takes place. In my case, the wrong catheter was used initially (it was surgical, and not big enough to drain me on it's own). A wider one was inserted once this was discovered (oh fun), and they pushed on my belly to get the rest out. It could have been the 'elements of urine' they were referring to, but that's not what they called it Smile

ewwwwwwwwwww.

Just sayin' Smile And no offense taken or implied, of course Smile
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Sia the Human Sump Pump!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2010-05-18 11:56, MagiciennesUnlimited wrote:
When I gave birth, and my urethra was swollen (sorry for the visual...), I had to go through a detox IV because, as the doc's told me, urine had partially been absorbed, and was toxic. It's common in childbirth for this to happen, although a catheter is usually put in before that absorption takes place. In my case, the wrong catheter was used initially (it was surgical, and not big enough to drain me on it's own). A wider one was inserted once this was discovered (oh fun), and they pushed on my belly to get the rest out. It could have been the 'elements of urine' they were referring to, but that's not what they called it Smile

ewwwwwwwwwww.

Just sayin' Smile And no offense taken or implied, of course Smile
Ah, ok, that makes sense; that was a poisoning, rather than a reclamation. Sounds like a truly unpleasant experience.

And no, no offense taken, and definitely none intended--as you can see from some other threads in which I've piped up, I really enjoy an exchange and/or debate of ideas and information. Thanks!

MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

ROTFLMAO @ Harley! and hmmmmmmmmm.... Smile

And Thank YOU Swami Smile
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I've seen this before, he is still around. Makes you wonder...

I really hope this is not a hoax but I'm not holding my breath...

Hmmm...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
And David Blaine only went 44 days! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The man who says he hasn't eaten or drunk for 70 years (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL