We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Valley Magic 2015 --- FREE Magicians' Flea Market, Shows, etc. (Oct. 2-3, 2015) NEW DATE! (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..30~31~32 [Next]
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I just got back home a while ago. Had to pack it in early for things to tend to here, and hated to miss the evening show. Break a leg on that, guys!

My hats off to Bob & Lucy for their hospitality and hard work. They have a really nice spread there on the ranch, and I don't think the weather could have been any sunnier!

It was great meeting all the people that I "see" here on the Café all the time. It's a pleasure to put a real face and a voice to those friends known only by their avatars and posts. The buttons that ClintonMagus made for the Café regulars made me feel like part of an exclusive club... it was fun running into new buttons and then reading the name on them!

There were many, many vendors, and tons of magic stuff to see, from small stuff to old collectible stuff, to really big illusion stuff. Truly something for everyone. (And to those who were kind enough to buy some of my stuff, my sincerest thanks! I hope you enjoy your new stuff... er, treasures! Smile )

Tabby stayed very busy filming and photographing. I hope to see more photos, and I hope he got a shot of one of those random chicken parades. Beautiful birds, by the way!

James Adamson, I did notice that you were working hard manning that sound board, and your contribution sure made everyone's job on stage easier.

Finally, I would like to say that it was an extreme honor and pleasure sitting on the builder's clinic panel with the likes of Tabby, Ray, and Gimpy. Seeing some of their work first hand was delightful and inspiring. These guys are superb craftsmen, and super people, too. I hope I have the pleasure of crossing paths with all of you again!

Enjoy the rest of it, and everyone have a safe trip home!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
I know that next year will be bigger and better. Gotta start planning now.

Barney
Always in motion is the future
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
Thanks Bob! Great event. I had to bow out earlier than I planned...the heat just got to me. Let's do it next year and I'll come a bit more prepared! Tent, cooler, portable battery powered air conditioner (do they make those??)

Anyway, I appreciate all the hard work that went in to this event, sorry we couldn't stay all day today but Douglas and I had loads of fun.

I bought a couple of cool new things and Douglas loaded up big time...everybody kept giving him free stuff!!

Thanks to all!

Corey
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Tomorrow morning will see me shooting some video with Tommy Jackson, card throwing expert. Im gonna try to get him tossing some cards across the motel pool. Then I plan to split for south GA.

Remember the reason Bob suggested this event. Nashville was flooded and SEAM was on hold. Bob suggested a way for those magicians to get together. I understand that some people came from 1,000 miles away driving for two days.

Kyle, great Unicorn photo. Caption should read, "Kyle and the card eating Unicorn."

Film at 7 (days that is).
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
On my way home... What a GREAT weekend it was. Thanks so much to Bob and Lucy for all they did for us and all they do for magic! Great friends and great times, and I look forward to doing it again soon!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Christian & Katalina
We did not even know about this until Kyle hit me up on Facebook and said he was headed to Alabama. We happened to be performing a show in Montgomery. We had Friday off so we slipped up to Clanton to see what all the talk was about.

First...wow..was it hot...steaming hot...this was not a get together for sissies....lol. (I had no idea that Alabama was only 7 miles from the sun)

Friday night we all hung out at the Bunny Heart Theater and were treated to a fun show MCed by a slightly nutty Kyle the Great...OK who are we kidding..he's totally whacked. (I twisted Kyle's leg to make me do his famous Ping Pong Ball routine . . . and I laughed my *** off)

We saw a very fun Cube-a-libre routine, a clever presentation for Professor's nightmare, musical linking Hula hoop routine, and much more . . . My wife and I even jumped up on stage and did a little mind reading.

After the show we all then hung out out and talked late into the night . . . thankfully it had cooled off...Whew!

Bob surprised us all with a late night spread of sandwiches, cookies, lemon cupcakes, and sodas.

Did I mention that this was all for free????

Kat and I met some new people and connected with some old acquaintances. We met (again) this couple that are 80 and 82 from Arkansas. They have soooo many stories it was great hanging with them. We met them before at a IBM convention.

Finally we all returned to the hotel in town where we convened again in the parking lot, found a couple of benches smoked cigars and traded card tricks late, late into the night.

Saturday, we got up a little late and had breakfast with Kyle and his posse then off to Magic Valley.

We performed a card trick or two and traded some funny jokes with even more new friends.

We spent time at the dealers tables and picked up some very good deals. We will keep an eye on Gimpy . . . he had some very nice looking wood products. Great craftsmanship.

There was a close up show going on as we started to leave . . . unfortunately, we had a gig in New Orleans that night and could not stay. But everyone was having fun . . . even though I narrowly escaped sun stroke.

A big thanks again to Bob Sanders who was super nice and did I mention...this was all free???
Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism 2011
The Annemann Award for Menatalism 2016
Author of "Protoplasm" Close-up Mentalism
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Both nights I shot video of all the acts in the theater, plus the builder's BS session and Bill Pitts informal talk on his life in magic. I was especially interested to hear that Pitts had once worked a midnight spook show as "Doctor Templar." Oh, (and this is on video too) Ruth Pitts doing her beautiful rings routine and sand ending. Really lovely. They came in to support their friend Bob.

Additional highlights for me besides getting to hang out with Michael Baker at the venue and Gimpy and Mrs. Gimpy around the pool at the hotel was getting to know KyleTheGreat (and yes, he is good; and funny) and Carl Michaels and Yulia. They're a young illusion team from Myrtle Beach who are full time pros. They came over to support Bob. Carl told me he came because Bob always bent over backwards to help him. Carl is very knowledgable about magic. He uses classic props and the props all have a history.

There's more and I'll get it sorted out as I go.

There's a lot of video to go through so it might take me awhile since work in the shop takes priority these days.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I REALLY wished I had known that Bill Pitts once did a midnight spook show. DANGIT!! I'll have to call and talk to him about this.

I hated to miss Kyle's MC performance, too. It was good meeting you Kyle, but we never really got a chance to talk.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Bill Pitts talked about his canvas covered box escape challenge. Did you catch what he said about the lid???

tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Tommy Jackson told me he broke Ricky Jay's Guinness card throwing record in the early 70s. I got him to meet me behind the motel this morning and throw cards at the camera. Tommy told me he was 18 when he broke the record and held it for a year.

And Tommy CAN toss cards!!!

gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Got back home a couple of hours ago. We did over 20 hours of driving this weekend, but would do it over again in a heartbeat for the same experience. Thank you Bob & Lucy Sanders!!

We came to Alabama to meet people we've only spoken to via this forum and it was the best! We really wanted to meet Michael Baker and Tabman and that was the highpoint of the event for us! Even met some wonderful people we hadn't talked to before such as Christian and Katalin and also Carl Michaels and Yulia. Very, very nice folks. Clinton, thank you for the cool buttons! I know that was a lot of hard work, but it made a great souvenir! Funsway, sorry we didn't get there in time to see your Cube a Libre rountine. Tabman said it was great. Hope to get a film on anything I missed.

A name suggestion for the event: Southern Fried Magic at the Magic Valley. Do I smell smoking hot magic or is my forehead burning? Smile

Gimpy
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2010-09-12 20:46, tabman wrote:
Bill Pitts talked about his canvas covered box escape challenge. Did you catch what he said about the lid???

If this was during his talk on Friday, I wasn't there. You have all that on video?

Cool photo of Tommy Jackson!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Just got all settled in at home, after a good 9+ hours of driving. I had a great time. It was nice to meet every one from the Café. I'll say it again, the buttons were amazing. Thank you so much, ClintonMagus. I had a great time talking late into the night, and even learning some new shiny new card tricks. This was a great experience for me and and my fiancé.

Thank you so much for this great weekend, Bob. I had the time of my life.

Alex
Weird is part of the job.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
I was gonna post this picture in the "You Might Be Redneck Magician When..." thread but here it is:

If you ever saw a Light Heavy Chest or a Cube-A-Libre in a horse pasture in Clanton, Alabama you might be a ....

Gimpy figured out a way to beat the heat using just a small white towel!!!

tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
And not to be outdone, Michael Baker, shows the camera some of his beautiful, classic work. Several of the best builders of small magic in the world were in Clanton, Alabama over the weekend.

This is a cropped screen grab from the little handheld flip camera.

Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
188 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Bob,
Thanks for a great weekend.
Zak
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Thanks for all your kind words and emails. We had a great time meeting all of you and talking magic. TABMAN, had a blast talking shop with you. Thanks to Bob for asking us to perform and be apart of this great weekend of magic , Bob really did a nice job, and FREE is always a good deal. Yuliya and I will be touring around the Southeast a lot this Fall so if anyone ever wants to come and see our full evening show, let me know and I'll make sure any fellow Café'ers get ticktets. This weekend were at the Blanding Street Theatre in Lake City, S.C. We we're supposed to be performing in Destin, Florida tonight but had something go wrong. Again, hope all made it home safe, 10 hours driving and 4 hours at Six Flags Atlanta, we've made it back home to Myrtle Beach. Goodnight !
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Let me also say my hand is up for this to take place again NEXT year. There was a lot of good for sale at the arena CHEAP and a lot of fellow full timers there with a WORLD of knowledge that they're willing to share. The only thing bad was my wife hoped I would home with less than I came with, but that didn't happen. Anytime I see CHALET items for sale, I jump on them!
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2010-09-12 23:43, tabman wrote:
I was gonna post this picture in the "You Might Be Redneck Magician When..." thread but here it is:

If you ever saw a Light Heavy Chest or a Cube-A-Libre in a horse pasture in Clanton, Alabama you might be a ....

Tab, out of respect for Bob and Lucy, it was an "arena"... Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Valley Magic 2015 --- FREE Magicians' Flea Market, Shows, etc. (Oct. 2-3, 2015) NEW DATE! (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL