We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Valley Magic 2015 --- FREE Magicians' Flea Market, Shows, etc. (Oct. 2-3, 2015) NEW DATE! (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..19..22..25..28..30~31~32 [Next]
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 08:26, ClintonMagus wrote:...Tab, out of respect for Bob and Lucy, it was an "arena"... Smile

There you go again.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 09:52, tabman wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 08:26, ClintonMagus wrote:...Tab, out of respect for Bob and Lucy, it was an "arena"... Smile

There you go again.

Yeah, people tell me that my "anality" is overwhelming...

I had a great time getting to know you this past weekend. Thanks for the stories!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Got back home a little after midnight. Unloaded a few things things then had to go to work for a while. It was nice putting a face to all the Café members. The Café buttons were great. I feel like getting a shirt printed up. "I survived Magic Ranch Magic get together." Thanks all and hope to see you again.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 10:00, raywitko wrote:
I feel like getting a shirt printed up. "I survived Magic Ranch Magic get together."

Make sure you build in sweat stains... Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 10:07, ClintonMagus wrote:...Make sure you build in sweat stains... Smile

Maybe moving it to October next year might be in order but I expect I'll be there if they decide to do it again???

Making some new friends was the bonus and seeing some old friends, and especially Tommy Jackson and Paul Vines who attended my Music City Conclave in 1991. That was very cool.

Thanks to everyone who made it a special event and to Bob and Lucy for biting the bullet and going all out to make sure everyone felt at home.

Maybe in a few weeks I will have found time to load the video into my editor and assemble it into something watchable. We got some good BG music for it recorded backstage and at The Guesthouse Inn Saturday night.

I might post a few more pictures as I get to them too.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 10:00, raywitko wrote:
Got back home a little after midnight. Unloaded a few things things then had to go to work for a while. It was nice putting a face to all the Café members. The Café buttons were great. I feel like getting a shirt printed up. "I survived Magic Ranch Magic get together." Thanks all and hope to see you again.
Ray

Ray and Debora,

I am glad you folks got home safely.

I ALSO OWE a HUGE APOLOGY! Saturday night I did not thank you two by name at the end of the get together.

Ray and Debora Witkowski drove all the way from Pennsylvania and even came a day early just to help us get set up for Friday and Saturday. Both worked like crazy to have the facilities ready. They even furnished the flag markers in the arena for the vendors. It also seems like everything on one side of the ranch had to be replaced by everything on the other side of the ranch. Not only was it hard manual labor but did anyone tell you that it was HOT out there? It stayed HOT!

Then Ray had to coordinate the closeup shows plus perform Friday night.

That was a ton of effort from very valued friends who have done much to promote the world of magic.

Thank you!

I'm sure I missed naming a lot people who made this event possible but the Witkowskis certainly should have been at the top of the list of those due thanks.

The all volunteer workers are what made Magic Valley Magic a reality. It was MAGIC!

Bob and Lucy
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
I had a fabulous time! Got to chase a chicken, pet a unicorn, meet some awesome people and see some cool magic!

Many thanks to Bob for hosting this gathering at his home! Thanks also for the "Knots off Silk" guidance... should have timed it... maybe I caught on quicker than McBride! It's always a pleasure to see you again!

Awesome meeting and picking with Tabby... can't wait to see how the videos and pictures turn out!

It was fun hanging out some with my Georgia "homies" Paul, Chris, and Tommy. And even the Alabama ones, James and Bob!

Michael, I wish we did have a chance to sit and chat, but it was hot and things were moving quick! You had a busy day! I'm sure we'll run across each other again, and maybe then we'll have time to go get some dinner or something.

Christian, it was a pleasure chilling with you and Katalina again (as always). Thanks for helping out with the Friday night performance. It's always a treat to see you two strut your stuff! Thanks for the book! I'm really looking forward to sitting down with it this weekend!

It was nice meeting some new folks, Carl, Tommy, Murf, Funsway, Matt, and Krag!

I know I'm leaving some people out, so I'll chime them in later!

It was hot, but nobody died! So all is good. I was so proud of everyone! It was thrilling to see how many people are willing to come together to have a great time, 2 shows, sell items for great deals, lecture, perform, and demonstrate all for Free! I'm excited for the next one!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Here's a screen grab from a piece of video I shot of Bob running across the "arena" looking for some shade.

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8783 Posts

Profile of funsway
John Bloor and I made it safely back in good time with enough different memories to fill the entire six hour trip. One item was the "free" part that may have led to a less than firm commitment on the part of some early enthusiasts.

next year how about charging $20-50 up front refundable at the door? Attendance might "magically" increase.

big bonus for me is the possibility of next year doing a routine with Lucy playing harp in the background. Of course, I have to find some silks somehwere ...

Since I received so many questions about my off-beat mentalism effect, I decided to call it "Close Call" and wrote up an eBook available to anyone who asks. Check the "penny for you thoughts" forum.

now back to the honey-do list
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Funsway, it was a pleasure to get to see you work. Good ideas. Since you have a problem with your hands also, maybe I can get some tips off of you. I hate the idea of not performing any more.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 14:38, funsway wrote:...John Bloor and I made it safely back in good time with enough different memories to fill the entire six hour trip....

Your routine with the Owen blocks Friday night is on the video. I've not had a chance to look at any of that footage yet but I expect it's decent in spite of the lighting.

Bob thought someone was going to bring a follow spot but that probably would have been too bright for that room. A slide projector stopped down would work well for a spot in Bob's theater; which is probably the best home theater in Alabama.

murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
261 Posts

Profile of murf
We just finished our 17 hour drive home, and it's good to be back in the (relative) coolness of South Texas. We had a great time this weekend --- just wish we'd been able to get a bit more of Kyle and Tabman's picking and grinning (well, Kyle grins anyway, and I suspect Tabman was doing a little grinning too, even if he denies it).

Definitely the first magic event we've attended where the barnyard animals outnumbered the magicians! Also the first stage I've been on that had a trapdoor in the ceiling!

We really enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones. We're ready for next year's edition, should Bob and Lucy be crazy enough to try it again. Helen made the same comment about the likelihood of a small charge (in advance) cutting down on the number of no-shows; on the other hand, that would also add to the already enormous amount of work that goes into putting on an event like this.

Thanks again to Bob and Lucy for their incredible hospitality!

Murf
Lucy
View Profile
New user
Alabama
26 Posts

Profile of Lucy
We would like to thank all of the Magicians and their friends who made a successful Swap Meet at Magic Valley Ranch possible.

Ray and Debbie Witkowski were extremely helpful, coming a day early to help set up the arena,and continuing to help throughout the two days following with set up, fix up,serve up, clean up besides a super performance by Ray. Others were equally helpful and extremely knowledgeable in areas where Bob and I need help. Tabby was there with advice from the inception as well as more than full participation. He brought and manned cameras and equipment pointed out where improvements were needed and participated in the prop builders clinic. James Adamson set up the sound and ran it and also did a funny thought transfer routine. Amos helped me fix a fence and made badges for Café members.

There are so many of you who have been so kind and helped so much. Thank you for your support. The best thing of all was your presence.

We look forward to the next event.

Lucy
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 15:57, murf wrote:....We just finished our 17 hour drive home, and it's good to be back in the (relative) coolness of South Texas. We had a great time this weekend --- just wish we'd been able to get a bit more of Kyle and Tabman's picking and grinning (well, Kyle grins anyway, and I suspect Tabman was doing a little grinning too, even if he denies it)....

17 hours??!!?? Holey Smokes!!

Oh yes, "the coolness of south Texas," I agree that it seemed hotter in Clanton than even in south GA where I am. The heat definately kept the riff-raff away. The event was 100% riff-raff free.

Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Christian & Katalina
Kyle,
It was definitely fun...and lets not forget the "running of the goats"...

Ray,
I think "I survived Magic Range" T-shirts are absolutely valid.

Bob,
What can I say..wow.. for just deciding to have a little get together..it turned into an unconventional success...and look..we are on page 9...wow... We hope you enjoyed a little of the Pie we got you, unless Lucy kept it for herself. Thanks once again for a great weekend of fun...even though we had to leave a little early.

Everyone else, Great meeting you, hanging out, and trading stories.

Christian
Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism 2011
The Annemann Award for Menatalism 2016
Author of "Protoplasm" Close-up Mentalism
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 18:57, Christian & Katalina wrote:

Bob,
What can I say..wow.. for just deciding to have a little get together..it turned into an unconventional success...and look..we are on page 9...wow...

We hope you enjoyed a little of the Pie we got you, unless Lucy kept it for herself. Thanks once again for a great weekend of fun...even though we had to leave a little early.

Everyone else, Great meeting you, hanging out, and trading stories.

Christian

PIE! That's how it got here! DELIGHTFUL! I have already enjoyed my second piece!

Thank you!

Now that you know how to chase goats and get to Magic Valley Ranch, I hope we see you again soon. It will actually be cooler after this month. (But Katalina would know that too!)

Bob and Lucy
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I had a great time even though I had to miss the Friday night events due to a change of date of a football game. I have been the Voice of the Holtville Bulldogs High School for the last 14 years and could not bow out on them. Felt real bad missing Friday nites events, but at least we won the game in double overtime 45-44!!

I would like to say that everyone who attended were some of the best people you would ever like to meet. Everyone was helpful, accommodating and just fun to be around. I would like to also thank ClintonMagus for the buttons! Nice.

Kyle was in his “normal” state. The Clanton police wanted to keep him in that striaght jacket!

Tabman, it was so wonderful to talk to you in person and the prop builders jam session was great.

Carl Michaels and Yulie were fantastic and it was a pleasure to talk shop with you and I wish you great success. I believe everyone will be hearing more from them.

It was also great to see and meet some of the other Magic Café people in person.

Thanks Funsway for the conversation that you and I had, wonderful ideas.

Bill & Ruth Pitts are just great people and are great ambassadors for the art of Magic.

All you closeup guys were just great!

As far as the flea market went, the deals were fantastic! There was something for everyone. I believe each and every vender bought or swapped items with all the other vendors.

The air conditioning problem was the only main drawback, but I can tell you that the theater HVAC has the capability to freeze you out. Just bad luck on that one.

I live within 25 minutes from Bob/Lucy and have worked with Bob at conventions and we travel togather to the Ring 35 meetings.

Even though I may be a little basis, they are wonderful people. You would not realize how much time and effort that they put in to make this happen,

I am proud to say that we are friends and brothers in magic, and I was also proud of all the other friends that were involved and pitched in, you know who you are, You are all special to have volunteered you time, equipment and yes - sweat.

Last I would like to say thanks Bob and Lucy for everything that you have done for me and I am glad that I could help and give back to both of you instead of just taking. Bob and Lucy opened my life to a wonderful world that I did not know even existed. Just Magical!
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 20:04, James Adamson wrote:...Tabman, it was so wonderful to talk to you in person and the prop builders jam session was great.

Thanks for saying so. Let me add that James ran sound all day in addition to setting it up and getting ClintonMagus to man it Friday night. CM did a great job too. It was all very professional. Here's a screen grab of one of the flip videos I shot. It's a view of the stage and James setting up his volunteers for his "brain plunger" routine. Kyle was pressed into "sound man" service while James was onstage. He's very comfortable on both sides of the footlights.

Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Wow, it sounds like a good time was had by all! Really wish I could've been there. I'm enjoying the photos, though. If this turns into an annual event, maybe I'll be able to make it some time, even though my red hair makes hot, sunny weather my nemesis!
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
261 Posts

Profile of murf
Funsway, sorry I missed your mentalism routine --- that must have been during the Close-Up Open Mike session. I had a few more rope routines I was going to do during that session, but we thought the session had been canceled and went back into town for food.

Is the vanish of the "ring" and reappearance on the "necklace" covered in your Necklacy manuscript? I don't remember seeing it, and I was going to just re-read it, but I'm still a bit groggy from the trip.

Murf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Valley Magic 2015 --- FREE Magicians' Flea Market, Shows, etc. (Oct. 2-3, 2015) NEW DATE! (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..19..22..25..28..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL