We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Valley Magic 2015 --- FREE Magicians' Flea Market, Shows, etc. (Oct. 2-3, 2015) NEW DATE! (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..30~31~32 [Next]
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 09:08, KyletheGreat wrote:

This is Alabama... the term you're looking for is hosepipe.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that calls it a "hosepipe"...everyone always makes fun of me and calls it a "Water Hose" when I use the word in public...I thought it was a common way to refer to it! You've made my day!

Well..... hate to break it to ya, but I'm a transplant... a carpetbagger... you know, a dang yankee!!

Hosepipe? That's some of the fake southern that I learnt myself after spending 25 years here. Smile I have to be careful what I make fun of though, because I now have a lot of friends and at least one offspring here. (I think I'll go laugh at a bowl of grits now...)

BTW - I'm moving back to the other side of the Mason-Dixon line in a couple weeks. My Visa ran out. So did my Master Card, my Discover Card.........
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Kyle,

See! We have even taught folks from Illinois Southern English.

There's hope!

Thank both of you for a great job.

Bob

PS ---

Michael, Certainly you can perform Color Changing Grits by now.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
260 Posts

Profile of murf
I had to look up "hosepipe" in the dictionary! I was guessing that it was the spigot to which you attach a garden hose. I was WRONG!

Murf
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
First time I heard hosepipe, I said "HUH??"

(Were they talking about the hose or the pipe?)

I just tried to Google hosepipe and it said, "HUH??"

Then it started singing, "Yankee Google went to town, riding on a pony..."

:lol: (crazy rednecks...)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
From the Wiki: "The term hosepipe is chiefly British, South African and southern U.S. usage; garden hose (more commonly just hose) is the predominant term in other English-speaking countries. The term "hose" is also used for other types of flexible, water-carrying tubes such as those used by fire departments."
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
I've starting loading the video into my editor today. In about two weeks I should have the dvd ready to mail out to anybody who wants one but you'll have to send me $20 to get one. I've set up a web page to take orders for it assuming anybody wants a copy.

http://questx.com/mvm/dvd.html
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
When I finally get to Illinois, I'll have hosepipes to the south of me, and hosers to the north! Ha!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
MagicPS
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicPS
Bob!

I had a whale of a good time. Except for looking like quasimodo, I felt pretty good. Next time, I promise to add myself to the queue of performers, just didn't feel like it with my head all in a bandage.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, pitched in to make this a great weekend. I think we all had a ball. Thanks for having us!

Paul S.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 14:31, tabman wrote:
I've starting loading the video into my editor today. In about two weeks I should have the dvd ready to mail out to anybody who wants one but you'll have to send me $20 to get one. I've set up a web page to take orders for it assuming anybody wants a copy.

I've already received several orders and I'm starting loading video and it looks great. THe audio is good. I decided to start with the closing show from Saturday night. Video technology today is so fantastic. Imagine how much light was needed to do this just 20 short years ago and now the gentle lighting on Bob's stage works just fine. I love it when a plan comes together.

Don't forget to put your order in for the dvd if you want one. I'm not going to reproduce them at home but send them out to a dvd house for pro duplication so I need this as a way to judge how many to order. I'll order a few extra but that's it.

Your order will help pay for tape, dvd dupe, postage, etc.

tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Here's a dvd screen shot from the show Saturday night of Yuliya and Carl Michaels in the middle of their set.

Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 10:42, PCoreyB wrote:
I came home with an Axtell dragon puppet that blows smoke from his nose!! I know that sounds like some kind of metaphor but it's literal. My son Douglas came home with a load of stuff...everybody kept giving him things. Great things like a mutant rat, decapitated head, exposed brain cap...you know, kid stuff.

When Steve came to Blackpool two years ago for the first time, and as luck will have it Smile he was right next to us, I came up with a funny line for the Dragon Puppet. "Pull my wing" Needless to say we had a lot of laughs.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Craig,

Great Line!!
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
Hang on, let me write that down.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
This morning I went through all the video from the Bunny Heart Theater, laying in titles, and using the banjo tune "Home Sweet Home" that Kyle and I recorded backstage Friday night to use for the theme song. Our session was interrupted by Carl Michaels who came in and needed some help unloading the world's heaviest sub-trunk.

When Bob informed me that I was in charge of The Magic Builder's Symposium right at starting time (some of Bob's fancy footwork), I turned the video camera on and headed up to the stage to see what could be pulled together. Fortunately Michael Baker, Gimpy, and Ray Witko were waiting for the event to start. We pulled a panel together and had a good time talking and answering questions from the packed house. Here's a screen grab from the dvd edit of Michael, Gimpy, Ray, and yours truly. Gimpy said he was glad I called him up because we had an electric fan on the stage!! Smile

Thanks to all you fellows for jumping in and having fun.

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
You've been hard working, Tabby! The rest of you may notice that a pre-requisite to being on the builders' forum is a beard. Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 17:24, Michael Baker wrote:
You've been hard working, Tabby! The rest of you may notice that a pre-requisite to being on the builders' forum is a beard. Smile

Yep! Both are true. They aren't allowed to get near sharp objects! LOL

Actually I find them to be very sharp.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 15:13, tabman wrote:
Our session was interrupted by Carl Michaels who came in and needed some help unloading the world's heaviest sub-trunk.

Yep, that's where I'm going during the next hurricane... Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 15:13, tabman wrote:
This morning I went through all the video from the Bunny Heart Theater, laying in titles, and using the banjo tune "Home Sweet Home" that Kyle and I recorded backstage Friday night to use for the theme song. Our session was interrupted by Carl Michaels who came in and needed some help unloading the world's heaviest sub-trunk.

When Bob informed me that I was in charge of The Magic Builder's Symposium right at starting time (some of Bob's fancy footwork), I turned the video camera on and headed up to the stage to see what could be pulled together. Fortunately Michael Baker, Gimpy, and Ray Witko were waiting for the event to start. We pulled a panel together and had a good time talking and answering questions from the packed house. Here's a screen grab from the dvd edit of Michael, Gimpy, Ray, and yours truly. Gimpy said he was glad I called him up because we had an electric fan on the stage!! Smile

Thanks to all you fellows for jumping in and having fun.

Boy, I really missed something. I wished I had been there but I had a good excuse; had a bunch of shows that weekend.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That is definitely a good excuse! Hope the shows went well!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8772 Posts

Profile of funsway
During the second Close-Up Open Mike I performed a mentalism demonstration using a metal skewer to test a volunteer's sensory awareness. Because of the many questions I received I wrote up the effect and posted it on the Café. Now there are many people interested ..

If any of the group that watched the effect would like to add any impressions or thoughts, please send them to gusarimagic@comcast.net

I plan to put out a greatly expanded eBook on this effect/theme and would greatly appreciate all possible information
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Valley Magic 2015 --- FREE Magicians' Flea Market, Shows, etc. (Oct. 2-3, 2015) NEW DATE! (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.5 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL