The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Puzzle Square Thing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
For purchasers of my e-Book on "Winston Freer's Tile Deal Revisited," I have attached an addendum showing how to make the 6 inch by 9 inch variation. That may be the one Dave is calling the "Chinese Version," but it is simply a cut down version of the Winston Freer puzzle. However, it has the advantage of not needing to be beveled, so I had Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki cut one out and I photographed the process of performing it with his help.

If you purchased the original e-Book and did not receive the addendum (dated 7/27/10) then yours must be one of the few e-mails that did not get delivered to your mailbox for one reason or another. Please contact me identifying the e-mail address you used when you ordered the e-Book and I'll send you the additional material right away.

I am still struggling with making a foamboard version of the original 9 by 7 inch version. I need a way to cut foamboard that does not reduce the foamboard to grizzly mush. I may just go back to trying to make it from wood.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
Thank you Spellbinder for sending out the addendum. That was a nice surprise, and speaks highly that you would provide this. I appreciate it.

Doug
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1018 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
As you may be aware, John Rogers has taken down his wooden cigars website and is no longer selling the Winston Freer Tile Puzzle (with Corian pieces). To my surprise, I just learned that John Rogers was not making the puzzles himself. He was the sales/marketing guy. The puzzles were actually made by another magician (and friend of John Rogers), Scott Johnting. I just had a long conversation with Scott, during which he shared how he and John got into the business of making/selling the Winston Freer Puzzle. Scott also shares a bit of the story in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDJtw8Mxi2Y

Scott posted that video about a year ago, right about the time that John Rogers decided it was time to retire.

I've ordered one of the Corian puzzles from Scott, I look forward to receiving it.

Mark
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7521 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It is nice but I still prefer the Karl Norman version which seems less slick and finished and more homemade. To me this helps dispel the idea of a fancy magic trick.

I actually have two of Karl's and love them.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Puzzle Square Thing (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL