The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How to Market your BOR sales - especially DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia travelling worldwide now
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
Hey Magic Café.
I am a Comedian Juggler based in Australia. I work on cruise ships basically every week of the year and have just started selling my Show on DVD, also with a Learn how to Juggle section on there also and various clips from around the world.

I am struggling at the moment with marketing this in my show.The DVD is great and amazing quality so its a product I am very proud of and it looks visually appealing and great!

I am just struggling with finding the pitch that works to make people feel they need to have one!

On the cruises lots of the time its old couples and not many kids etc, I find on the younger cruises I can get the kids all to want one easily and they nag there parents in front of the table for one and the parents usually give in Smile

The older cruises are harder though, as I market to them in the show as a great gift to take home but also that juggling is a great skill to learn for anyone of any age etc.

I present my DVD in a comical way, but maybe it seems too comical and people see that as a desperate plee in a way or me taking the mickey out of my own product so why would they buy it?

Does anyone have any advice from their experiences selling DVD's on how to physcolgically convince the audience they should get one?

If anyone could give me any advice that would be great?

I give one out for free in the show to be given the chance to advertise the product at that point.

Thanks in advance,

James BuSTAR
James BuSTAR
Australia's Comedy Juggling Superstar
info@jamesbustar.com
http://www.jugglingsuperstar.com
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
James,

Unfortunately the product just may not be the thing for older crowds. But then again, its all in the pitch. You maybe could suggest that its great for the grand kids - but then again, they are on vacation and maybe won't buy a present for the grand kids in that situation.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Tell your older crowd these are great as a special gift for their kids and grand kids, teaching them something disciplined and fun. Just an ideas. You may also choose to give one away during your show to a helper or audience volunteer. This gives you the perfect opportunity to present it, talk about it for a second (pitch it) and generate interest while rewarding someone with this "premium" gift for helping you out. Just simply mentioned something to the effect" here this is something I have available for purchase following the show, but this is my gift to you for coming up here and helping me out".
BowerPower
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of BowerPower
Ya, you have to definetely pitch it in a subtle way. Give one away to a kid or kid(s). If you have anyone come up for anything, its a great way to introduce it to the audience and get other kids envious enough to bug their parents or get parents to say "hey, that'd be a good gift". I think its important to touch on the eductional and hobby factor for parents, perhaps talking about how it sparked a hobby which sparked a career.
Mr Hyde
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mr Hyde
James

Have you read my eBook "Multiply your Mercahndising" ?

It's a free download off the MagicCoach site and has a bunch of ideas
gathered from different people. Not specifically for Cruise Ships
but some of the ideas will work

http://www.magiccoach.com/
BowerPower
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of BowerPower
Thanks Mr Hyde. I too am going to look over this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How to Market your BOR sales - especially DVD's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL