We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Weight Loss Plan: Remodel your bathroom. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Last October, for an anniversary gift, I promised my wife I'd remodel one bathroom of her choice. A few weeks ago, I finally started the process by pulling out the old light and replacing the fan. Then three weeks ago, I ripped out the old shower and put in a new one. And next week, I'm taking PTO from work and trying to finish the process- ripping out the old bathroom vanity and mirror (the former of which is ugly, scratched, and moldy, the latter of which is way too big), pulling up the linoleum and subfloor, and yanking out the medicine cabinet to convert it to an arched niche with shelves. The whole room's getting repainted from off-white to a light brown, and I'm putting in glazed porcelain tiles.

You learn a lot of things if you remodel yourself. For example, when I did the shower, I learned how to weld copper pipe. I learned that threaded pipe is a pain in the butt to work with. I also learned that next time I put in a shower, I'm going to hire a contractor. For the rest, I'm only learning tiling- I've done subfloor when I put vinyl tile in the kitchen and dining room, and I've done drywall when repairing water damage out in the garage.

I've also learned that, contrary to every DIY show on TV, demolition is not the easiest part of a remodel. I lost about 5 lbs. when I did the shower. I'm expecting to lose another 5 next week, which will bring me down to 190- the high end of healthy on the BMI chart (which doesn't take into account muscle mass.)

Then the only trick is keeping the wait off (and enjoying the new bathroom.) I need to get into the habit of exercising again...
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Weight Loss Plan: Remodel your bathroom. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL