We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New Houdini Site (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I just launched a new Houdini site. It has a Houdini blog, an article on Houdini collecting, items from my collection, a store, etc. I'll add more as time permits. Here's the link:

http://houdinihimself.com/

Enjoy!
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Looking good Kevin!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Don't you people get it,,,he`s been dead yonks, Im still alive,,,just,,,and he gets more publicity than me !!!

I can only presume that you have to die in order to make money out of escapology,,,in which case,,,I hope Pat goes before me as It would really pi@@ me off to know she would be getting royalties while Im chewing dirt !!!

Ken.

Who`s a naughty boy then !!
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Mick - Thanks. I'll keep plugging away till I get it right.

Ken - It could be just the hairstyle that's holding you back. You both part it down the middle. Your's is just a wee bit wider though. Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Ken parts his mustache? Who would've guessed?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Ok you can poke fun now but just you wait till Im dead !!!!

You will be paying a fortune for one of my pubic hairs in a frame !
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Kevin
Are you going to start a forum?
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Jay,

I don't think so. A blog is almost past my knowledge! I'm trying to load pictures for today's post, but I'm have a little problem. You can post comments on the blog if you want.

Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-05-23 13:36, Kondini wrote:
Ok you can poke fun now but just you wait till Im dead !!!!

You will be paying a fortune for one of my pubic hairs in a frame !

I just love teh way Ken always a) keeps it on topic and b) Always manages to get any conversation not only on to his favorite topc (himself) but also some how manages to get the phrase "Framed pubic hair" in as well!

And they say he lowers the tone ........

Oh well atleast Pat will make some money when he has gone.....hold on while I do some maffs - (Picture frams £1, signature on piece of paper £0.01, add £10 for proffit X 8 lots that's about £80 proffit Pat will be making of skinning kens Boll .... oh sorry its a family web site is it?).

At least he aint trying to sell the hair of his head ..... again! Smile

Hey I wonder if Doug could take kens Pubes and make them in to a single o?
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Today, Houdini finally arrives at his destination. This is another unpublished photo from Houdini's collection that I have published this week on my Houdini and magic blog. This is the fourth photo of what is "Traveling With Houdini Week". If you care to see it or comment on it, here's the link:

http://houdinihimself.com/?cat=3

Enjoy............Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1239 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Nice Site & photos.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Thanks. I'm really trying to get it into shape. It should be there in abouy another century. Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Alexanderia_the_Great
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Alexanderia_the_Great
Houdini is dead? I didn't even know he was sick? It wasn't that blasted Water Torture Cell was it? God I knew it. You go away for a few days and look what happens. Boy Kondini that news hit me like a punch in the stomach.

I gotta stop worshiping those old guys. I gotta find me someone younger to idolize.
I know.

Click here to view attached image.
Alexanderia_the_Great
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Hey Kevin I hope you don't mind I was having a little fun with my earlier post. The site is great! I have my eye on a few items. We will talk.

(I have to say this quietly as Kondini will get mad at me for invoking the H word.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

No problem. You should see the Thurston boys when they try to defend ol' Howie. They really get hot!

Doug was a great guy. IMHO. He forever changed the face of magic.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Alexanderia_the_Great
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

No disrespect to Doug as he was amazing. Only used him because he had past as well.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Doug and Houdini had a connection. Henning bought some books from Houdini's library at one time. I now own some of those books. So it's really quite connected.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Doug and I had a connection,,,the same birthday....

Even last weekend working at Sellinge Steam Rally then later at the D Day do in Dover my escapes were upstaged by the Press and Kent TV mentioning the H word,,,still at least I got the fee.

Houdini yes was the greatest, the first and even little o me played homage and thanks to him at the graveside in Queens,,,but I and other ea`s can`t ride his back and achieve,,,,,,your either yourself stood alone making your own mark through your own effort or you use H and end up promoting him rather than you.

What other branch of Showbiz compares each of their own to past greats.

If your a singer does your press relate and include comment on Mario Lanza ?
If your a manipulator are you compared to Vernon (Vernon the Daddy of magic is practicaly unknown to the general public).
If your a street girl are you compared to Nell Gwyn ? Etc Etc,,,,escapologists have no chance in the public domain to become their own until you let poor Harry go !!!

That`s gonna upset a few !

Ken.

Pubic hairs,,,any takers,,,PayPal or cheques,,,,
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Sure other fields of entertainmanet compare themselves to the greats that preceeded them. I've heard of the next Sinatra, the next Katherine Hepburn, etc. Even Mario Lanza was compared to Caruso. This also holds true in sports. Who ever is at the apex of a field, the up-and-coming personalaity will be comapred to them.

Maybe that no one has even come close to Houdini in any aspect of his field is the reason why his name is still used. He's the apex.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
No one ever will then,,,will they !

I beg to differ on the comparison bit,,,,I know of no other branch in entertainment where one mans name is hailed so much in public. I think we have all done ourselves a disservice here.

I agree no one has even come close to Houdini,,,,In the form of self promotion, showmanship and flair (Not capabilities).
He is more famous now than when in his heyday, the myth, perpetuated by us !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New Houdini Site (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.51 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL