The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Request: C&B with a saussage can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Joackes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Joackes
Hi, yesterday I was surfing around and found a video of a guy doing "C&B" with a saussage can. First he played around with one small ball, then two bigger balls and finally he reavealed the can was new and full of saussage.

I wanted to watch this vid again, but cant find it. Someone know what I'm talking about and can find the link? Please help me.

Thx,
Jocke
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's called Beanie Weenie. I think it's David Williamson's, but Paul Harris also has some work on it. Look it up in AOA.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I first encountered this as "Beenie Weenie" in Michael Ammar's Encore 3, which is probably out of print. Ammar came up with this particular routine. Maybe, you can find a used copy. I remember hearing about a Paul Harris version which predated this routine.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Tommy Wonder Entertains by Jeff Busby also contains a routine with a Can.
Cannned Craziness is the name of the routine in which you produce meatballs from a soup can.

It was published in 1983.
Mobius
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Check out Carl Andrews, "Make a living performing close up magic"
Joackes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Joackes
Thank you for useful answers will look into it more, I really liked the effect, instead of just producing some big loads at the end of my C&B routine.

Saw a nice routine on youtube with it, but can´t just remember who did it. I will study more and I´m thinking of using a small pringles box instead ( http://www.pringleperfection.org/images/pseudo-pringles.jpg ), or do you think it will make to much noise with the potatoe chips in it?
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
And to add to the mix, Martin Lewis does a routine called Cheap Cup with a "specially" made "Green Giant" brand can of peas. His punch line is just a bit off color, but is hilarious.

Mark

Posted: May 23, 2010 5:17pm
Just checked Ammar's web site. Encore 3 is available as a download for $8.95.

Mark
Joackes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Joackes
That´s a nice price, will look into it, thx.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Paul had added a couple of touches from Brian Geer to his routine.

Tom
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
I remember seeing Ammar doing this, I believe It is an Paul Harris Art of astonishment vol. 1 if my memory serves me correctly.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2010-05-24 00:51, Tom G wrote:
Paul had added a couple of touches from Brian Geer to his routine.

Tom

When I saw Brian perform the routine, many years ago, he said that his routine was based on the Paul Harris routine. I think Harris' routine was called "Uncanny", if my memory serves me.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
As the story goes, Paul Harris was seeking an object with which to perform the "Solid Cone" routine. He wanted to find a natural, recognizeable object that could be either empty or full. He took the question to Looy Simonoff, who almost immediately dragged Paul to the supermarket, and showed him the cans. See "Uncanny" from Las Vegas Close Up.

The write up in Encore 3 is quite a bit more detailed, and the routine has some nice additions.

Tommy Wonder's routine is, as you might expect, a few steps beyond all others. You use a can opener to open the can at the beginning of the routine, and at one point you toss the "meatball" into the "open" can, and it penetrates through the bottom in stages. The final load is Not from the pockets, even though the routine is done standing.

I've done the routine with the pringles minicans that you've described. It's nice because you get the impact of the ending, and then you can share the chips with the audience.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Joackes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Joackes
Quote:
On 2010-05-26 23:10, Curtis Kam wrote:

Tommy Wonder's routine is, as you might expect, a few steps beyond all others. You use a can opener to open the can at the beginning of the routine, and at one point you toss the "meatball" into the "open" can, and it penetrates through the bottom in stages. The final load is Not from the pockets, even though the routine is done standing.

I've done the routine with the pringles minicans that you've described. It's nice because you get the impact of the ending, and then you can share the chips with the audience.

Thx, I will try to find the book where it´s described, it would be really nice to be able to do a cool routine with a pringles can, as you say you can share the chips after the performance Smile
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
I read the Paul Harris routine (Uncanny) for this effect last night and I think this would be a very novel routine to do with a can of Spam. In many ways, Spam has never been more comical than it is right now.
Produce an egg from the can and you have Spam, eggs and Spam. (Crazy Tasty! - that's a slogan on their Spam Lite can) Smile
According to the official Spam website, the can comes in 3 different sizes, so smaller cans of Spam could be produced from the Classic can (if you were inclined). The difficult part would be to find a lid that fits it properly if you were to stick to the PH handling.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Donnie. Find a lid? Hey, you can make some, right?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Joackes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Joackes
Quote:
On 2010-05-27 11:46, Donnie Buckley wrote:
I read the Paul Harris routine (Uncanny) for this effect last night and I think this would be a very novel routine to do with a can of Spam. In many ways, Spam has never been more comical than it is right now.
Produce an egg from the can and you have Spam, eggs and Spam. (Crazy Tasty! - that's a slogan on their Spam Lite can) Smile
According to the official Spam website, the can comes in 3 different sizes, so smaller cans of Spam could be produced from the Classic can (if you were inclined). The difficult part would be to find a lid that fits it properly if you were to stick to the PH handling.

Yhe, that would be a very funny way to do it, nice idea!
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Also check out Greg Wilson's "Kiss Off" it's not being made anymore but you may be able to find it on one of the auction sites or even here. Same premise done with a can of chocolate syrup and Hersheys kisses.
Eddie Ivan Torres
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Quote:
On 2010-05-27 12:28, Pete Biro wrote:

Ha! That's funny Pete. Although I can make casts for rubber or foam filled items, I doubt there would be much of a demand for a lid that fits a can of Spam!
Joackes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Joackes
Quote:
On 2010-05-27 20:20, Eddie Torres wrote:
Also check out Greg Wilson's "Kiss Off" it's not being made anymore but you may be able to find it on one of the auction sites or even here. Same premise done with a can of chocolate syrup and Hersheys kisses.

Ok, will try to find it. Thx.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2010-05-28 09:36, Donnie Buckley wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-27 12:28, Pete Biro wrote:

Ha! That's funny Pete. Although I can make casts for rubber or foam filled items, I doubt there would be much of a demand for a lid that fits a can of Spam!

I guess the Spam cans must have been changed, since I last saw one. They had a can that had to be opened with the twist key on the top of the can, making the can shorter than when it was unopened - wouldn't work for the routine in question.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Request: C&B with a saussage can (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL