The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo B'WAVE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Does anyone still sell a jumbo B'WAVE? Or an Anglo size B'WAVE would be even better.

Many thanks,
Glenn Godsey
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hi Glenn!

Don't know if the Jumbo B'wave is available, but I believe you can still get Twisted Sisters in jumbo, which would give you two B'wave sets.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Hi Scott!

It's always good to "see" you!. That's a good idea...I found a Viking Jumbo B'wave, but it is too jumbo... 7" x 11". I just want a little larger than poker size to demonstrate it to a large class. I will look for Twisted Sisters.

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Try Yeir Medid.

I do my own version, Olympic Queens I call it
3 silver backed cards, the 'choosen' one gold backed ( the winner!)
Made for me by the late Neil Lester
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I was lucky to pick mine up at Abbott's. Excellent quality. Cards are nice and thick.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Luckily, I have a set of Jumbo B'Wave that I found, lightly used, in like new shape for $5.00! I'm looking for another set, but I'm having troublre finding one!

It's a GREAT trick in Jumbo or regular-sized, too!

Here's a tip:

With the Jumbo set, I start with an Elmsley Count to "prove" that yes, all these big cards are face down, BEFORE I approach the spectator.

The included B'Wave routine is terriffic, but it doesn't include an Elmsely Count.

Because I use an Elmsley, I say..."I picked you because I sensed that you have a good sense of imagination, isn't that right? ........Imagine....that just by using your own personal power of your mind, that just with your power of imagination that the card you imagined could turn over in the deck AND change color......Wouldn't that be amazing?"

Then, I proceed pretty much per the routine. Subtle difference, but, with the Elmsley at the beginning and this patter set-up, I think it's MUCH stronger.
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
You could always buy a regular jumbo deck and turn it into a brainwave deck. I just bought a jumbo deck to turn into an invisible deck. It's not that difficult, but a jumbo does take more time than a regular deck (and it takes up more room while doing it!), but it sounds like it's hard to find, so instead of putting energy into looking, put it into making!

Alex
Weird is part of the job.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Jumbo B,Wave-
Large A3 Photocopy both sides of cards onto thicker paper & Gloss Laminate on back-matt on front with thick Laminate

Beautiful finish & strong cards. Can be seen in larger venues easy.

I use a fabulous set made this way & it still looks Brand new after 4 years use.
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
If you buy the Anglo gaff deck, you get what you need, I believe.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
OK....

I got my second set...

These are red-backed, the first set is blue-backed.

Perfect!
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Seo Magic sells 'Predictions from Wonderland', essentially a giant Parade of the kings .very large 10" by 14" easy to blank out if you want a B Wave
dbriegs
View Profile
New user
NJ
61 Posts

Profile of dbriegs
Jumbo B'Wave is excellent if you are doing a stage show. Great way to enable you to be able to do great effect on stage. Regarding the Elmsley count, interesting, but in my experience, not necessarily stronger. Besides the risk of looking "tricky", I have found that spectators LIKE to think that I just guessed which card they would pick. Just my 2 cents...
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Meir Yedid just started making the Jumbo set again.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2012-01-22 21:12, dbriegs wrote:
Jumbo B'Wave is excellent if you are doing a stage show. Great way to enable you to be able to do great effect on stage. Regarding the Elmsley count, interesting, but in my experience, not necessarily stronger. Besides the risk of looking "tricky", I have found that spectators LIKE to think that I just guessed which card they would pick. Just my 2 cents...

I agree totally after using the Jumbo& smaller version for years in corporate walkaround
functions...You don't need an Elmsley count..the effect is strong enough on its own
as a triple expose..

Its your presentation & fun that make it a memorable effect not an extra move !!

Brent
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
An elmsley count at the start totally changes the effect.

Without one (as written), it's a mental effect - you knew in advance which card the spectator would pick, so much so that you took it from a different deck and didn't even bother to bring the other three cards.

With one (as "improved" by magicians all over the world without thinking about it), it's a magic trick - the card the spectator was thinking of turned over by itself, and presumably since that was able to happen, it also changed colour to red, and the other three cards turned blank.

It's a different effect.
pintirri
View Profile
New user
Perth, Western Australia
29 Posts

Profile of pintirri
Penguin have a Jumbo B'wave for $20
Tamariz
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Tamariz
Check out Wolfs Magic for the Rolls Royce of this.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2012-08-27 01:10, Tamariz wrote:

http://www.wolfsmagic.com/B%20Tsunami.htm
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2012-08-29 14:48, Alan Munro wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-27 01:10, Tamariz wrote:

http://www.wolfsmagic.com/B%20Tsunami.htm

Those cards are Awesome.
Thanks for the Link
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Regarding using an Elmsley Count with B'Wave:

John Bannon and I would disagree.....

It's part of his routine with Twisted Sisters.............

I guess he and I think it makes the effect that much stronger....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo B'WAVE (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL