The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Splat Balls, let em throw yes or no? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Or if anyone has any advice about pitching splat balls. How much? How many sell on average? Are they fun to demo?
P3
practice practice perform.
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
They are great to sell. I get 5 eac 3/10. they move well. yes definately let them throw it. Once they try it there hooked. I sell about 20-30 a show
Mike

Magic Legacy - Low prices on great magic!
www.magiclegacy.net
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Awesome, thanks a lot that was really helpful.
P3
practice practice perform.
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
I sell same price but also 7 for 20, 12 for 30. I do not let people try it, for a few different reasons. Main reason is if I let one person, I have to let everyone, and that takes too much time and more wear and tear on the demos. I or my people sell 200 - 300 per day at good events.
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
I'd like to share from my brief experience with Splats. I let them throw but make sure you have a large target. I had two large tiles over asphalt and still not large enough. Wasted a lot of them. Just could not get them clean enough to re-use. I would lay out a sheet of rolled plastic first then tiles over it next time.
Second issue, I had one manic mother freak out when her kid touched something that several children had touched before. She yelled at her kid then whipped out the sanitizer cloths. You can't please them all.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
A large sheet of plexiglass will do. It does not have to be very thick. I use a sheet that is about the thickness of the plastic in an Axtell Drawing Board (my first demo surface was an old plastic sheet from the drawing board.

I demo the eggs the most. I find that they splat the best. I have the demo behind my display, throw it once myself, let them try once or twice and it goes back behind. I had too many breaking on me to leave them out.
-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Splat Balls, let em throw yes or no? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL