The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » The Compleat Pitchman is ready (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hey Guys,

I told I would let you know,well Don Boles book The Compleat Pitchman would be ready for shipping.This book covers it all.A must have for all pitchman.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......12261362

Later,Don
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Looks fascinating. Wonder how one pitches midget Bibles?
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
Quote:
On 2010-05-26 07:08, iugefu wrote:
Looks fascinating. Wonder how one pitches midget Bibles?

I would suggest underhanded? ;-)
sideshowsam
View Profile
New user
I see you staring at my
86 Posts

Profile of sideshowsam
This really is a fascinating book - I checked it out from a university library and it was hard to read because the print was so small, but the content is amazing - there are some elements of the Sven pitch in this book that must have came right from Don Driver or David Walker. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy - I know I am!

./sam
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
The new one is 8 1/2 X 11 and much larger print,easy to read.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Great information on it.

Don, Are you thinking to release an e-book version?
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
First off its NOT my book and second the person that reprinted it is NOT doing an e-book version.

Don
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I just got my copy.My friend that reprinted this book and would like I not used his name on any magic fourm has dedicated this new edition to S.David Walker and myself. I had NO idea till I just open it.It says:

This Edition is Dedicated to

S.David Walker and Donald Driver
Two Men Who Have Lived Their Lives As "Compleat" Pitchman

I'm most humbled over it.

Don
sideshowsam
View Profile
New user
I see you staring at my
86 Posts

Profile of sideshowsam
Congrats Don - You and David deserve it.

./sam
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Congrats, Don, it's a well-earned honorable mention. Smile

As I've said in other contexts -- when you plant lots of seeds, sooner or later some of them will grow into trees and bear fruit.

Don has been extremely helpful and giving of his time and advice to many folks, and now it's bearing fruit. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
CONGRATS DON!
This is quite an honor!

ROD
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Seth, I know about "trees" but "...bear fruit..."? Is that like gummy bears?

But seriously, if ANYONE deserves a dedication, it's Don and David. They TRULY are "total pitchmen"! Too bad the author doesn't know how to spell "complete". Smile

On second thot, take a look at this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Complete-History-Cor......f1589b2f Enlarge the picture.

I'm not selling them but they ARE the books I wrote. Maybe I need a spelling lesson too!

Jon (or "John")
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Don Boles spelled it C O M P L E A T when he wrote the book back in 1972.The person that reprinted the book did look it up and found out it is some old english way of spelling " complete " so he left it the same as he wanted the book to be 100% reprint of the first printing other than the size so it could be read easer.

That is the reason he listed as he did on ebay because he knew everyone would search "the complete pitchman" and not find it.

Always an answer Jon....

Later,Don
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Yep, C O M P L E A T, that's how I spelled it on my books too--"The Compleat History of Corvair for the Compleat Corvair Nut!", Vols. I&II I knew I'd get lotsa flak from people who thot I didn't know how to spell but it does attract attention. Smile

John
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Quote:
On 2010-05-27 Jon-O the Great wrote: Seth, I know about "trees" but "...bear fruit..."? Is that like gummy bears?

Hey Jon, I was thinking of apple trees and Johnny Appleseed! Sorry I didn't make that clear. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1901 Posts

Profile of ted french
Seriously, how do you pitch a midget Bible? What is it?
P3
practice practice perform.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Ted,
I guess you'll have to buy the book and read the pitch.For thoses that don't know what "The Compleat Pitchman'is,its a book with many pitch's in it.Including,the Svengali pitch,the mouse pitch,the Jam auction and hundrends more like a midget bible pitch.kitchen gadgets and many others.
On the borders are old adds that were in Amusment Bussiness ( the carnival trade paper,no longer being plublished )for pitchman and where to buy stock.Fun stuff to read.As a matter of fact I saw some old adds from my friend Jerry Spaulding that owned http://www.usjesco.com till his two kids fired him.

Lots to learn from this book and its just a fun book to read and the price is right.This book became a collectible and when one would show up on ebay they sold for over $100,so at $25 and a biger format its a real bargin.

Whos wants one ..raise your hand...one sold over here...another one sold back there...

You should order your copy today http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......12261362

Later,Don
tomterm8
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of tomterm8
Mr Boles was quite correct in his spelling. Compleat is not quite the same as complete, my dictionary defines it as "Of or characterized by a highly developed or wide-ranging skill or proficiency" .
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
I got the book, buy it if you are full time pitchman, it has some good ideas. I only skimmed thru the pitch section but will read it further later on. Has a lot of "old school" stuff but you can apply it.

Thanks for letting me know it was out there Don. I think I'll dedicate my DVD to you as well and give you a 5% royalty.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1901 Posts

Profile of ted french
Don, now you can retire with style.
P3
practice practice perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » The Compleat Pitchman is ready (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL