The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » "Out of Order" by Angelo Carbone (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
This looks impossible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSsP7WLsHhM

I recently read a copy of Genii Magazine an interesting article about Angelo Carbone and his work, impressive. The article tells its One of the most ripped-off tricks in magic! TRUE?

Any US dealer that sells the "original" Out of order?

Genii Magazine described this trick: “It’s one of the most baffling, self-working card tricks I have ever seen.”

Ad: "You show a fan of four cards, which are riveted together. They are in order (say, Ace, Two, Three, Four and they alternate red/blue/red/blue on the backs, and red/black/red/black on the faces) and, because of the rivet, they are fixed in that position. You show that, no matter how you try to move them, you cannot. The cards are shown fairly, front and back. The spectator now blows on the little packet, and, instantly, the cards are fanned to show that the Two and the Three have swapped places! You will surprise even yourself the first time you try this. Please note: there are no trick indices, and there are only four cards. The cards are so clean, you can even hand out the packet to your audience for scrutiny. The more they think about it, the more impossible it seems! This is utterly baffling!"
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Mats, Agreed. I have one and don't know how it works, other than very well. John
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Carbone is a certifiable genius.
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Mats,
You can buy the original right from Angelo. He's on the Café' quite a bit (look in the Tenyo topics, he's got some real fans he corresponds with there!). I contacted him and got one in about a week. Angelo is a great person to deal with and he appreciates when people seek him out for the original.

The effect is really simple to do, allows for lots of fun patter, and it is visually a stunner. It just seems impossible.

Regards-
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Thanks guys!

Yes it is hugely ripped off. You can see at least 9 of the rip offs here:

http://magicfakers.blogspot.com/2007/10/out-of-order.html

I remember seeing a dealer at FISM selling a copy. I was so angry I swept all his tricks on his stand to the floor. Another dealer had to stop selling them after I reported to FISM officials that he was selling them. This was at another FISM.

Of course I would greatly appreciate anyone getting one through me direct. Just PM me.

Best wishes,

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
To help all who read this, is this a download or in the mail effect,
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Its a physical product so a mail out effect Dave.
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Mine worked extremely well unless a roommate gave it to the fishes... literally put it in the fish tank that to a mental illness at the time. kik
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Im very happy with O of O. I got it today and that was a speedy postservice from Mr Carbone. I paid with paypal and that was quick and easy as always.

After reading the instruction and in a few minutes I succeeded to do the setup and do the secret action. The trick worked in my hands, fun.

This is a great thing, sure.
I recommend this very much and I give it 10 out of 10.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Aww thank you Mats. Glad you are happy with Out of Order Smile
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Angelo, are you saying that you are the first creator of this trick?

Because I've seen one here, non-Bicycle cards and surely it could be a rip-off too.

And btw, if anyone likes the Youtube demo, then you should buy this one. Good for close up, easy to handle and easy to reset, even you have to do it in discreet. I don't have one but I've tried this one in the shop here and how to reset it.

This one is good because it's Bicycle cards.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Right before I did a review of Shinpei Ogawa's very cool Hole Surprise, someone, I believe it was either Tom Frame or Tom Daughterty, had mentioned an effect released years ago by Anverdi - it was this effect except for the color of the backs changing place. When Ben Salinas and I were partners with John Blake in the early 2000s, someone had brought this effect in. The person did not remember who created the effect.

I am not accusing you Angelo of theft, but, I did see this very same effect in 2002, the only difference was that it used backs of the same color. It is a cool effect however.

Note: The method for Hole Surprise has nothing at all in common with the effect being mentioned in this thread. I only brought it up because the method behind Anverdi effect was thought to be the modus operandi for Hole Surprise. It isn't.

Angelo, if I can find more information about this, I will PM you. It could very well be that Angelo's method is SO different that it IS his own effect. I only mentioned this because the effect was SO cool that I have never forgotten seeing it.

Ahimsa,
Vlad

P.S.: Again, I stress this is in no way any attempt to discredit Angelo. The riveted card effect we saw at East Coast Magic at the time was something John wanted to market, but, again, he could not track down the source at the time, and the customer could not remember where HE got it. Hopefully if Ben Salinas is reading this at some point, he may be able to corroborate my story.

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 10:23pm
---------------------------------
Angelo, please PM me? I just got off the phone with John Blake about this effect.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Just to clarify I created this in 1994. Will PM you Vlad.

The only way to know if you have an original Out of Order is by checking the rivet. Behind the rivet is a clear handcut washer. Also I only use Bicycle cards. Instruction manual has red pages. Check out the 5th post in this thread to a link to some of the copies.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
In MY opinion, 'Spectacle Plus' and 'Cesaral Oil & Water' (though both items are knockoffs) are improved versions of the prop as compared to the rest. This is so due to the positioning of the rivet (fastener).

I am in no way trying to promote a knockoff. All I want to bring out is that they are technically improved props.

Please support the original creator.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Angelo,

I will PM John's store phone number to you.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2010-06-13 12:19, Ustaad wrote:
In MY opinion, 'Spectacle Plus' and 'Cesaral Oil & Water' (though both items are knockoffs) are improved versions of the prop as compared to the rest. This is so due to the positioning of the rivet (fastener).
Smile

I have the original Spectacle, and I bought it in the late 70's, I'm sure...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-06-14 06:09, joseph wrote:
Quote:
Smile

I have the original Spectacle, and I bought it in the late 70's, I'm sure...

I am afraid you are wrong Joseph. I have Spectacle and the copyrighted instructions are dated after mine.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Quote:

I am in no way trying to promote a knockoff. All I want to bring out is that they are technically improved props.

Please support the original creator.

Smile

I understand it is your opinion but WHY is it better to have the rivet in the corner than in the middle? It is not symetrically pleasing to the eye and I can't think why. Regardless of the position it is still a knock off as you say.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-06-14 09:21, Angelo M Carbone wrote:

* I understand it is your opinion but WHY is it better to have the rivet in the corner than in the middle?

Hmmm! How do I answer your question without giving away too much? OK let me give it a try.

Spectacle had the rivet in the middle. Later, when Spectacle Plus was released, it shifted the position of the rivet in the corner. The reason for doing so, as I believe, was to adjust the orientation of the gimmicking which obviously has its own advantage. Hope that makes sense? Smile

Quote:
* It is not symetrically pleasing to the eye and I can't think why.

Yes I agree, symmetry is certainly pleasing to the eye.

Quote:

* Regardless of the position it is still a knock off as you say.

Sorry, I am nobody to say whether Spectacle or Spectacle Plus or any similar effect (prop) is a knock-off or not. When I said they were knockoffs I based it on the following:-

Quote:
On 2010-05-28 18:08, Angelo M Carbone wrote:

Yes it is hugely ripped off. You can see at least 9 of the rip offs here:

http://magicfakers.blogspot.com/2007/10/out-of-order.html

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

I don't see Spectacle or Specatcle Plus as improvements. They CANNOT be examined where as Out of Order Can. Also, if you revolve the cards the wrong way in either Spectacle tricks you permanently damage the gimmick and the effect will not work again. I know this because there is a warning stated in the Specatacle instructions I have and I have the knock off in my collection.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » "Out of Order" by Angelo Carbone (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL