The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » "Out of Order" by Angelo Carbone (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Rasmus-

Patience sir - sorry to hear that you broke the cards. Oops.

I just saw this thread now and I have helped someone else months ago.

This is a DELICATE thing obviously - the playing cards are made of paper after all.

If you get a new working set feel free to PM me and I can call you to explain the workings by phone if you like. I have found that is the best way to explain the workings.

I have a set of Out Of Order as a gift to a Honeywell engineer here in Phoenix - and even after explaining it a few times and showing him - he still was awestruck in how clever it works.

This is not hard once you know the method BUT your head does need to get wrapped around what is happening. The beauty of this is that it flies past even the most skeptical of spectators.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Hi saysold

thank you so much for your kinly help. I tried to put the card that went out of the set, back inside. do you think that when you explain it to me by
phone, that I will understand it? my elglish is not so good. is there any video instruction available? I wrote also to seo magic, no answer
from them.

I have placed it together right now.

thank you very much for reply
kindly
rasmus - lord of illusion
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-09-05 19:26, rasmus wrote:
Hi saysold

thank you so much for your kinly help. I tried to put the card that went out of the set, back inside. do you think that when you explain it to me by
phone, that I will understand it? my elglish is not so good. is there any video instruction available? I wrote also to seo magic, no answer
from them.

I have placed it together right now.

thank you very much for reply
kindly
rasmus - lord of illusion

It is hard to understand what went wrong but if the paper locks are broken - you will need a new set unfortunately.

Your best bet may be to contact Angelo.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Thank you yaysold1

I will order 2 new sets and try again.

best magical wishes

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-09-07 17:31, rasmus wrote:
Thank you yaysold1

I will order 2 new sets and try again.

best magical wishes

When you get the new set(s) feel free to PM me or email me and I will help. Please take it slow and easy. Once you wrap the method around your head then everything works great.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Without giving anything away, the quality of the *paper stock* when creating & maunufacturing this effect has a huge impact on the reliability of the gimmick.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Has anyone ever tried or thought to come up with some routine for this - with a storyline?

I REALLY love Out Of Order but I think sometimes it strikes more as a bit of a puzzle rather than magical.

I was thinking today that maybe mentioning that decks of playing cards are used to being shuffled up... and hate when they are put back or order (or vice versa).
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Dear magic community

I got it! many thanks for the support and special thanks to saysold for his friendly help. I have tried with a new set of cards that seo magic sent me today
and readed the instructions better then the first time. what shall I say? it works very fine.

best wishes to all and thanks again
:))

ps: I agree with saysold. a good routine would be very nice for this effect.

www.rasmusmagic.ch
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Brett, you probably know about Denis Behr's routine ("Oil and Water Pierced")?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-09-16 07:56, Nicolino wrote:
Brett, you probably know about Denis Behr's routine ("Oil and Water Pierced")?

Not really familiar with it - heard of it but don't have it. Is there a video I could see of the routine Felix?
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Hm, good question....
I remember it was published in a German Magic Magazine some years ago (will find it for you), not sure though whether it is in found in a book or video also. Chances are it's in Handcrafted Card Magic (English version available) but let me check again.....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Yes indeed, it is found in Handcrafted Card Magic (p.76)! Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
PS: kind of OT, but check this out, this is Denis in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0fVi84sWSw

He's incredibly gifted with sleigths. Awesome!
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1751 Posts

Profile of wally
I like the clip of out of order,Although I am a childrens entertainer would this be OK for 7 to 10yrs. I am not into card magic, but a lot of adults are asking can I do there party ?? so I may try and get this out of order from Angelo M Carbone
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1751 Posts

Profile of wally
Still looking
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-11-19 04:42, wally wrote:
Still looking

If you get this for kids that age I would get the larger jumbo card sets rather than the regular ones.

Should work and look great.
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of mickym
I have recently "discovered" Out of Order. I understand that it is not something new, but I have been so impressed that I want to tell a few words about it.
It is extremely well done, a very precise hand work, a real "chef d'oeuvre". The effect is also very special, not expected, almost unbelievable.
You can see that much thought has been put both in the invention and in the creation.
I am speaking, of course, about the original, made by Angelo Carbone.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I have not got Out Of Order, however have over the last few days constructed the gimmick as described by Denis Behr (Handcrafted Card Magic, Volume 1 pp.76-83). I am assuming that Denis was authorised to describe the working (he does carefully cite Angelo as the inspiration, and makes references to previous applications of the principle).

Getting onto the point, this is a beautiful idea (by which I mean the principle at hand), and I believe that Denis Behr's routine certainly builds on the original (based on seeing videos of Out of Order). As a closer to an oil and water routine it is truly climactic, and hides the fact that it is in effect a packet trick, subsequently taking some heat off the cards used.

Well done to Angelo for developing such a great idea, and to Denis for providing a truly exceptional context for the principle to flourish.

Owen
cbusch55
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I just got Carbone's Out of Order ad after about 20 minutes of setting and re-setting it, found it works remarkably every time . Great close-up trick that will even surprise the person doing it the first few times he does it.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2057 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Just got one too...it's awesome
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » "Out of Order" by Angelo Carbone (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL