The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Resurrection by Abbott Magic - Need review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I just saw the demo and it looks great. I've tried to find if anyone here has done a review, but I found nothing (or maybe I have to search harder).

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Resurrection-......oryId=-1

Direct demo link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_GeiskbOY

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone had ever bought this or maybe your friends, etc did, I need a review.

Does it have to be the same cards all the time? Or the gimmick will allow us to load and unload any card we like? From the clip, we can even do that with business card so I'm guessing it can be done with any paper. But I just want to make sure, because can't find any more info about it except from abbott's website.

And most important thing is, how invisible and versatile the gimmick?

Thanks.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You are having a problem finding anything on this effect, because it is new on the market. I do not think it would be purchased by seasoned knowledgeable magicians, even though it is a good looking effect.

You pretty much answered your own questions. The only thing is this effect requires set up in private before the effect is presented to a spectator. Therefore, it must be set up for each performance. This does not present a problem to creative and knowledgeable magicians.

The effect must be performed just as in the video demo.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Oh so this is new? Because it didn't say anything nor any time stamp on the web page. So I thought this is a long well-known trick.

Then we should wait for a review which hopefully would be posted here soon.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Yes I am also awaiting a review!
MistressOfCeremonies
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of MistressOfCeremonies
My husband has this product and loves it. He showed it to me and I was fooled. The method is easy and fun to do.
paul swarts
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of paul swarts
Hi, This is the first time I am posting a review, hope it helps

Resurrection Price $36

What you get:
A well constructed gimmick and written instructions.
For the effect the performer should be able to force a card.

Rating 3/5:
First I have to say that the gimmick is well made and invisible to the spectator. It is hidden in plain sight and no one even looks for it there.
When the routine is finished, the heat is on the card and the gimmick is nowhere near it. You can use a different card every time you do it and even your business card ( as shown in the demo)

The reason I give it a 3/5 is because the instructions are pathetic. The worst I have ever seen. It does not make sense at all. I am still not certain if I am doing it the way it was intended, but the way I do it works great.

I received mine last week and have already used it. I feel comfortable using it and I have been getting good reactions from spectators.

Value for money:

I think it is worth every cent provided you can figure out the instructions.

CONCLUSION:

This is a very clever and easy way to do a card restoration. But very difficult for me to say get it as the instructions are no help. But if you have been doing magic for a long time, you will easily figure it out. I do not often use gimmicks, the only gimmick I use regularly is the extractor, but I will use this. If it was not for the bad instructions, I would give it 5/5 as it is easy, clever and gets great reactions from the spectators.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The person who made the demo video should have been much more careful in the setup. There is a really bad mismatch.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Will we need refill or repair for the gimmick?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-06-23 23:47, Failed Magician wrote:

Will we need refill or repair for the gimmick?

The method is fairly obvious. I doubt seriously that you will need refills or repairs for the actual gimmick. You will need d******** c****.

You may need to do some re-working to the gimmick if it is no better a match than the one shown in the video.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

I'm guessing it has something with shimmed cards but I'm not sure how invisible it is for close-up.

I think it shares the same method with Solo by Mark Mason & JB Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Resurrection by Abbott Magic - Need review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL