The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2010 entrée: Craig Petty » » Cylinder and Coins » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Hi Craig:
Been a Coin worker, what are your thoughts on "Ramsay's Cylinder and Coins".
For me is the most enjoyable coin routine to watch (That's for me, lay people don't get it), I never performed it upon I read a lot about the topic, the Ramsay original routine ( I have a priceless video of Ramsay himself performing the routine provided by Richard Kaufman and Genii Magazine), I read also the John Carney "Streamlined Cylinder and Coins"
So what are your views on this classic of coin magic?
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Tryllejakob
View Profile
New user
Denmark
51 Posts

Profile of Tryllejakob
Hi Hansel
I like the routine very much, but is not performing it because of the same reason as you mention.

I saw Tom Stone do a very nice version, with one coin traveling several times to the cylinder, then he used the standard concept from Ramsey. Very nice work,
but I don't think it will work for Lay men because they will peak in the cylinder or lift it up.

I have been tninking about using the concept together with at chop cup and a ball, it will give some nice variations, and a bit more safety form people trying to peek in the cylinder.
Best Regards

Jakob Rasmussen
Denmark

www.magicshow.dk
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Jakob:
I study the Tom Stone routine too...Is very nice and he is a thinker! The concept is very likable to magicians because of his complicity and level of difficult...but as you mention can be applied to lot of other magic routines.
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Cylinder and Coins is indeed a classic of magic and is a routine I have been playing with for years. I am currently on my 10th handling and it keeps evolving. I know that this time next year the version I am using will be totally different to what I am doing now.

The best version of the routine I have ever seen by the way is by Dan Watkins. Dan is another performer that has spent a long time thinking about the effect and it shows!

Craig
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2010 entrée: Craig Petty » » Cylinder and Coins » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL