We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Logics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
420 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
My new video, advices are needed. Thanks =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiKboMqHv9A
Eddie C
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Eddie C
This is one of those tricks that require some talking for the viewers to fully understand what's going on and to understand some of the actions you are doing.
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
148 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
The handling is impeccable, but the second fase of the routine is confusing. As a spectator I am not at all certain what is happening and why I should be amazed. The finale is great!

Ciao for now

Erik
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Your sleight-of-hand skill is, as Erik mentioned, excellent. However, there are a few places where the structure of the routine betrays that skill. It's the if-they-suspect-a-move-it's-as-bad-as-if-they've-seen-a-move problem.

In the opening sequence, for example, you start with the black cards in your right hand and the reds in your left, then put them together, spread them apart to show blacks atop reds, put them together again, flip them over (somewhat suspiciously), separate them a third time (face down), then deal them seemingly alternating. Once they're separated - blacks on the right, reds on the left - there's no reason to put them together only to separate them again (and yet again!). In short, you give the audience lots of food for he did something sneaky thoughts. The same can be said of the flourishy, triple turnover before revealing that they've separated. Did you do something when you turned them over? No. But you might have, and that's bad enough.

Similarly, in the second sequence you put two of the black cards atop the stack of reds so that you can - what? - flip them face down then drop them on the table? While the switch is well-executed - seriously - there's no reason to put a black card on the stack of reds except to switch it. In replaying it in their minds, spectators will come to the inevitable conclusion that you did exactly what you did.

The final sequence is beautiful.
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
420 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
Quote:
On 2010-06-02 01:16, S2000magician wrote:
Your sleight-of-hand skill is, as Erik mentioned, excellent. However, there are a few places where the structure of the routine betrays that skill. It's the if-they-suspect-a-move-it's-as-bad-as-if-they've-seen-a-move problem.

In the opening sequence, for example, you start with the black cards in your right hand and the reds in your left, then put them together, spread them apart to show blacks atop reds, put them together again, flip them over (somewhat suspiciously), separate them a third time (face down), then deal them seemingly alternating. Once they're separated - blacks on the right, reds on the left - there's no reason to put them together only to separate them again (and yet again!). In short, you give the audience lots of food for he did something sneaky thoughts. The same can be said of the flourishy, triple turnover before revealing that they've separated. Did you do something when you turned them over? No. But you might have, and that's bad enough.

Similarly, in the second sequence you put two of the black cards atop the stack of reds so that you can - what? - flip them face down then drop them on the table? While the switch is well-executed - seriously - there's no reason to put a black card on the stack of reds except to switch it. In replaying it in their minds, spectators will come to the inevitable conclusion that you did exactly what you did.

The final sequence is beautiful.

Thank you for all of your comments. As I only focus on how to display the cards clearly (one red, then one black, then one red and so on.....), I didn't notice the problem at all.@@

Thanks again, I am really appreciated. =D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Logics (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL