The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for High Quality Chinese linking rings with lock system (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Hi,
I'm looking for an high quality Linking rings set with a good locking system,
do you know where I can buy it?
everywhere I can see just the classic set with no lock system or sometime I can see just the magnetic lock, but who sell that locking system I saw few year later that one I can give the key ring to to spectator?
thanks.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You can see this demonstrated on my web site http://www.petebiro.com clik on video clip and scroll to see Joe Porper demonstrate. This is a new locking system created by Porper and I.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22450 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-06-02 11:01, Fabricem wrote:
...but who sell that locking system I saw few year later that one I can give the key ring to to spectator?
thanks.

You only seen that in your dreams!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
WHOA... WM... you could hand the Himber Locking Key out... Karrell Fox did, and if you look at the video clip on my site of Porper's new one you can hand that to someone too.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1592 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Just missed my chance to get Porper's Ghost Ring (Large size) in ebay...
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
His new locking ring is better. See it at http://www.petebiro.com and look at VIDEO CLIPS and scroll to see Porper do his rings.
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Joe Porer. Simply the best.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Quote:
On 2010-06-02 12:05, Pete Biro wrote:
You can see this demonstrated on my web site http://www.petebiro.com clik on video clip and scroll to see Joe Porper demonstrate. This is a new locking system created by Porper and I.

Isn't that, "… created by Porper and me" not Porper and I?

Anyway, these new examinable rings are not listed on Porper’s website to purchase. Nor is the price listed.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22450 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Hey Pete, I did not see any rings on your site either. What up? Are you dreaming along with Fabricem?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Klik on video clips and scroll. Joe shows the three rings with the examinable locker. NO DREAM HERE. Ask R. Paul Wilson (it's his voice you hear). Not to give anyehing away, but when Joe "taps" one ring onto the other the inner mechanism opens.

email Joe at joeporper@hotmail.com and tell him I sent you for information.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24252 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-06-06 10:45, wmhegbli wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-02 11:01, Fabricem wrote:
...but who sell that locking system I saw few year later that one I can give the key ring to to spectator?
thanks.

You only seen that in your dreams!

Richard Ross had a locking key that could be handed out to the audience. A friend of mine in the Netherlands made it for him.

Quote:
On 2010-08-18 20:56, Pete Biro wrote:
Klik on video clips and scroll. Joe shows the three rings with the examinable locker. NO DREAM HERE. Ask R. Paul Wilson (it's his voice you hear). Not to give anyehing away, but when Joe "taps" one ring onto the other the inner mechanism opens.

email Joe at joeporper@hotmail.com and tell him I sent you for information.

I saw this system at the IBM in San Diego. It definitely works.

There was one made a while back called the "Q-Ring" or the Quantum Ring. The people who made it had NO concept of how this was supposed to be handled. At a dealer's booth, they would hand a magician the key and say, "See if you can open this." The location of the opening was obvious. It required a special knack to make it work.

That was NO good, because any fool could see where the work happened. The Porper-Biro ring is not like this at all. It's done correctly.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Right oh Sage... But Hegbli is right in one way... MY IDEAS START IN MY DREAMS... then I go to Porper and he figures out how to make. Some take dozens of prototypes that get thrown away... some never work... but when they do... Whoopie...
Aftereight
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aftereight
Dear Mr. Biro, If I join Ghost key ring with ordinary ring together and put those two rings in the hands of an audience member could she during the performance unlock them? Let say I do Whit Haydn's Comedy 4 Ring Routine. Thanks for the answer.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
If you do Whit Haydn's routine you do NOT want a locking key. Trust me on this one.

Jim
Aftereight
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aftereight
Hi, well here is my problem. I am creating my own routine for my new show. I am still working on the act. I want to use 2 key rings. I don't know how invincible the Ghost key rings are because I never saw them except on Joe Porper video presentation. I personally don't like the false count. What I want is that I clearly show 2 rings and put them together. I want to put the same rings in the hand of the audience member and than took the second set of rings, which will be with the gap and also put them together and than I want to continue with the act. At the end I want to use the same rings which I give it to the audience member and unlink them. Now, some of you will probably say why or look how Whit’s is good with misdirection but every time I am watching at others linking rings routine, there is so much fumbling (I hope this is the right word) with the false count. I want at the beginning and the end clearly showed that her rings can be unlinked too. So I want to know if Ghost rings can be used like that. Of course I want to know what the difference between Ghost and Master key rings is. The picture at Joe Porper page is the same.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
GHOST RING... NO... Locking ring OK.
Aftereight
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aftereight
Thank you Mr. Biro, today I just received yours Comedy Linking Rings from Stevens magic. Can't wait to read it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks for your purchase. Enjoy the book.
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Just wondering if anyone has some experience with the Owens Locking Key Ring - I have a set of Owens Rings and I am interested in adding a locking key to my set.
Any input on what locking key ring is the best to work with, in terms of ease of use, whether it can be opened and closed with one hand, etc, would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you want it to match your other rings you need the Owen locking key. It can be opened with one hand. Closed? Not sure, I have very little hand strength and couldn't do it, but someone with a strong grip may be able to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for High Quality Chinese linking rings with lock system (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL