The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Have Chain Will Travel (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hello...Rich from Mentalcraft here.You may or may not know that I make unique and custom pendulums,and other mentalism props.

I also am a tableside restaurant entertainer.Also a huge fan of 'Fast and Loose'.

I have some superb chain available for 'Fast and Loose'.At a GREAT price.

It comes in two lengths:4 foot[Which I personally use at tableside]and 5 foot.

Comes with drop off knot and velour pouch.

I wanted to put this up on my site,but my webman is away.[I am a non-techie]

PM me for details if interested.If you send your email I can send you a photo.[your email will never be shared]

'This is REALLY nice chain'....wonderful weight,and it handles like butter.

Happy trails.
Rich
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
The chain looks great! In lieu of your web guy, I posted it for you so others can see how good they look.

No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Wow...thanks Dave!

When I tried that in the past my photos were the size of a postage stamp. Smile
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You can't just "post them" you have to "host them" and then provide a link to the web server address. Right now it's hosted on my site until your web guy comes back.

The Café doesn't have the server space to store every picture people may want to post, so they restrict files on the site itself to an almost unusable size.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Rich, is this chain different in style than the SFS chain?

It's hard to tell in the photo.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Sorry,I cannot answer that...because I have never handled or seen the SFS chain...other than a photo on the SFS DVD box.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
It looks like they're both "French Rope" design. This seems to be the best as the loops are visually confusing and it's hard to follow the lay of the chain.

I'll know soon enough as I just ordered one and I'll do a side by side comparison with my SfS chain.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
What is the cost of these chains?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Although this shouldn't turn into a "for sale" thread, at present he's charging $24 for the 4 ft and $30 for the 5 ft chain, and if you hurry shipping is free.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Okay, I got mine today. Haven't used it yet, but at first glance it's about the same link size as the SfS chain, but using a lighter gauge wire. Some of the links aren't closed as cleanly but as long as the chain isn't twisted out of shape they should be covered by the adjacent links.

For the price it's not bad at all. For heavy use I'd still go for the SfS chain with it's heavy links, heavy plating and lifetime guarantee but if you're a casual player and don't want to spend the extra cash, this should do nicely.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Here's a side by side comparison of the two chains. SfS chain in heavy nickel plate, Rick's in copper. It's hard to tell even this close up, but the links are indeed thinner but the loop size is pretty much the same. You see it more in the gaps between the links than the links themselves. The highly polished nickel chain is visually more deceptive but for certain venues I think I'll like the matte copper look better. I'm curious how it "ages" over time.

Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Looks like a good buy.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Thank-you Dave...for your very fair review,other comments and photo's.

As far as the copper chain,I have been wearing a pendulum bracelet [several times a week],that I made from the same chain,for a couple of months now and it still looks the same.

My Silver plated Chain is very nice too,and is a real sparkler.I personally like using both at different types of venues too.I am extending the Free S/H one week until June 22.

Thank-you Whit.
Also,let me take this opportunity to thank both you,and Chef Anton for your book of 'Notes' and DVD on Fast and Loose.Truly one of the best investments I have made.I highly reccommend getting both if one wishes to learn F&L.

My best.
Rich
Sander
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Sander
I ordered and just recieved this fabulous chain and to me it is exact the chain I was looking for, so now it is time to pick up that Fast & Loose routine again!
Great service thank you!
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
I would like to point out that our S4S chains do have a lifetime guarantee: if the finish ever wears, tarnishes, cracks or if the chain breaks, we will replace it for free.

Our gold chain has the thickest possible gold plating applied after the chain is linked into a loop.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2010-08-12 12:24, Sander wrote:
I ordered and just recieved this fabulous chain and to me it is exact the chain I was looking for, so now it is time to pick up that Fast & Loose routine again!
Great service thank you!

Thank-you Sander!I am glad you like it.BTW...I don't remember whether I enclosed a note...but the sample piece of silver plated chain I sent you,was just that...a sample...so you could see that this [my silver plated] chain is equally as nice.

If you decide to order down the road,I will ship free being that you have already purchased one of my chains.Smile

Thanks again for you nice comments.

Happy trails.
Rich
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I now have my chains listed at my MentalCraft website. Included is the outline of my presentation that I use at my Family Restaurants. Lets face it...F&L is great when presented as a gambling demonstration.
However, sometimes The Endless Chain can also be presented effectively in a non gambling context.

If you have already purchased a chain or chains from me...just contact me and I will email you the outline. I save all transaction records.

http://tinyurl.com/26858jt

Rich
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Sorry, the above link has been changed to: http://tinyurl.com/2d326ve

Rich
scottorr
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of scottorr
I received one of Rich's copper chains today - it's a very nice design, cool color and great value. It's a lighter gauge chain than the S4S chain (which I also use) that's just right for more casual presentations. Rich also generously shares a PDF outline of his family-oriented routine, which has a number of really good presentation and handling ideas. Thanks Rich!

Scott
Boudje
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of Boudje
As I have some problems with Nikel on my skin,(and that gold is a little expensive) I'm interested in this copper chain (Never found any silver chain...)
Where can we found it? Especially in Europe ( France).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Have Chain Will Travel (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL