The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » My Greatest Reaction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
First, let me say that I don't perform very often anymore except for Ring shows, my children's classrooms, or a few friends. When I DO perform, I work very hard to be the best I can be, and I don't try to do things I am not capable of doing well in the allotted time.

Well, at our last Ring show I was performing Kuma Tubes, producing lots of small silks, several 36" silks, a 40 foot streamer, five umbrellas, a couple of 6 foot silks, and the obligatory rice. The final production was a six foot P&A butterfly, possibly the most beautiful silk ever produced.

At the last minute I came up with a "throwaway" idea to have my daughter hiding behind my table and to step out behind the butterfly silk. My wife and I would whisk the silk upwards, revealing my daughter, letting the butterfly drop behind her, wings on either side. If it worked, fine, if not, I guess I would know better next time.

Well, my part of the show went much better than I had anticipated. The audience applauded more and more as the silks got larger and more colorful, but when we whisked away the silk to reveal my daughter, the applause stopped, and there was a collective gasp from the audience. No amount of practice and rehearsal prepared me for that.

I'm sure I will perform again before too long, but even if I don't, this will probably remain my greatest memory.

...And it's all on tape!

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Amos,

I loved your story and how wonderful to share that moment with both your wife and child. ...And it's on tape..ah the magicial gods were smiling on you that night!!! Smile
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
And to think I was there when Amos did that, AWWWWW...and I have it on tape as well! It was a very good set, Amos. It was a good crowd that night, too. They were dyin' when I did my Collector's Workshop Gumball... Must've had a hundred complements after the show from the crowd! Glad to have been able to share the stage with ya.

Steve Thomas
MagicDiva
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
43 Posts

Profile of MagicDiva
I was at a Halloween party walking around doing some effects for random people. I went up to this one guy who's "inhibitions were slightly altered" and did an AC routine, once he saw that his card came back to the top he did a back flip and started yelling like a girl. That was by far the most impressive reaction I have ever recieved for any effect. I guess AC packs a more powerful punch when the spec is intoxicated. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » My Greatest Reaction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL