The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Umbrella , parasol (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paped
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Paped
Hi all! I want to buy set of 7 parasol and I've got few questions:
1. Is it OK for performing?
2. Is it hard to appear 7 parasols?
3. Is it better to buy one or seven parasols?
Paped
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Paped
Refresh
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Is this a routine you have seen performed? If so, can you purchase the routine with methods and performance rights?

Or is this just something you have thought up yourself? Are you familiar with working with these kinds of objects? What experience do you have working in a stage setting with making items vanish and appear?

It would be wonderfult for performing - if you can do it well. It would be horrible for performing if you can't. Even one parasol - much less seven - might be very difficult unless you have some experience with similar effects.

What are you performing now that can translate over to a parasol routine? Or are you building this routine from scratch? What skills do you have now that can help you?

Might it be better to start off with something less involved and work up to a full stage routine with seven parasols?

Ed
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
I think that it's good you pinpointed a parasol routine. To me it describes the kind of magician you want to become. I'm not a parasol expert but I can answer some of these questions because they have the same answers as any other routine in magic.

Is it ok for performing? Depends on how / where your performing and the nature of your audience. I don't think a couple will appreciate it if you produce 7 parasols at their dinner table. Though I would pay to see that.

Is it had to produce 7 parasols? No more difficult than producing 1. The key is practice and prop management. They have videos that cover parasol work.

Is it better to buy one or seven? Ok, you lost me here. How hard does it rain where you are?

If I can get more small stage shows I will venture into parasols. Right now I do mostly parlor and close up. But the high energy, vibrant routines that focus on productions, vanishes, and transpositions appeal to me. Maybe that's what you are after as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Umbrella , parasol (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL