The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Fortune Donut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
These are just a few thoughts I want to share from my first look at a recently purchased Fortune Donut.

I am impressed and relieved by the method. It does NOT use color changing ink, bits of colored celophane or Chinese import electronics. This is something that could have been made back when color printing became affordable.

There is more than just cardboard rings. There is a nicely made pair of steel scissors having plastic dipped handles and "TENYO" stamped in the metal. Collectors _need_ these.

It requires some effort, but it is possible to make rings of symbols, words or colored spots drawn by hand. Instead of revealing a different color on the back, one could make it to force a word or number.

And if a person wished to make them with a razor blade knife instead of a circle cutter, the shape could be a rectangular or triangular frame rather than a donut.

I am posting here because I thought this effect deserved more discussion. The link to the Tenyo 2008 thread is

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Agree 100%...absolutely impossible to figure it out.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I also like the method to this. It was not what I was expecting.
I have not really had a chance to perform this though. Do you think that the cardboard ring can be handed out for examination at the end? Personally, I would be worried that spectators would find something if examined for too long. Perhaps a quick examination would be OK though. Has anyone tried it?
ThomasB52
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ThomasB52
My tenyo fortune donut didn't come with English inst can anyone help thanks
wil3923
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wil3923
You can visit Tenyo offical site and contact them for English instructions. Just send them your photo of your products and they would be happy to send you one.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Sugawara's improved method, which he still sells, is much better. No extra piece.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Fortune Donut (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL