The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Just a deck of cards. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tim_06
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of tim_06
Hello.

I`ve been actively performing magic for about four years now. The basis of my magic has always revolved around coins and cards… I typically tended to lean towards the new effects on the market, rather than being open and taking a look into older trust worthy and proven effects that are also available.

I was wondering if you guys could possibly recommend me some good basic and fundamental (impromptu or minimal set up) card tricks that will not only expand my repertoire but that will also expand my knowledge on magic (books are excellent but I am also looking for some dvd`s). Even newer magic is welcoming, I just want the simple hard hitting effects.

Thank you,

Tim
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
There are tons of topics you can search but here are a couple cheap suggestions: Dai Vernon's Inner Card Trilogy and Expert Card Techique by Jean Hugard are both gold mines for those willing to look. If you don't already own these you really should.

And for DVD's, I avoided them for a long time but Michael Ammar's Easy to Master series is a very good collection taken from a wide variety of sources.
SilvaAce
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
156 Posts

Profile of SilvaAce
Daryl's Ambitious Card DVD is really great wether you use the ACR routine or use the controls individually. Card to Mouth, Card to Wallet(or anywhere else) can be easily performed impromptu after learning some of these controls.
If you want something more advanced I recommend John Guasteffero's BrainStorm DVD. After buying the 2 dvd set I had about a years worth of learning. These are moves you will use and you can also apply them impromptu to create new effects. John teaches some effects on here that will let your audience know you are a card magician and not just some dude that knows card tricks.
All you have to do to change your life, is to change your daily habits!

Carlos Silva
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Hay dude the mark Wilson complete course in magic has a great card section. It use lots of regular cards, stacked deck and gaffs you can make your self. There is a trick in there were you wrap the deck in a hanky then in front of every ones eyes the signed card comes out. I use it in most of my walk rounds. The other thing that has a thousand use is the mercury card fold. Signed folded cards from bread rolls, mint tins, pockets and under cups people are drinking from.

There we go have fun.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Just a deck of cards. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL