The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Street performance in Waikiki (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kekoa
View Profile
New user
Oahu, Hawaii
33 Posts

Profile of Kekoa
Aloha...just a short clip of my performance of Aldo Colombinin's "Paramount" on the streets of Waikiki, Hawaii. I actually was out there supporting a friend of mine.."LATKO"...he's in town for about 2 months and he wanted to practice his simplified manipulation act for an upcoming show here. So..I just did some close-up in between his sets...all in all...we had a fun night...and if your wondering...the spade on my wrist is real. I'm not suggesting that everyone run out and get a tattoo for magic's sake...I just finally found an effect that I was able to utilize my tattoo within...enjoy...and Aloha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glZMMGXjbs
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
It's Ok
Too Long for the streets .
Hit them hard and fast.
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
But you have a good personality and you are a likable guy. Which is half the battle.
Kekoa
View Profile
New user
Oahu, Hawaii
33 Posts

Profile of Kekoa
Andrew martin, Mahalo (thank you) for the comment. I just wanted to reply to your comment regarding the length of the routine. You recommend "Hit them hard and fast"...which is perfectly fine for some. That might even work for you. I have to admit...I am not a professional "Busker". My whole intention of performing on the street that particular night, was to assist my friend "Latko". In between his act...I would perform some close-up/parlour type effects, which would give him time to take a break and re-set for the next group of spectators. Sure, I guess I could have performed some "In your face"..."Fast..hey look at me" types of effects. But...that isn't my style. Plus..most of the guys that I know that "Busk" in Hawaii...are just that type. No offense to anyone that I know that may be reading this...but it's true. To be honest with you...I firmly believe that because of the style and pace of my performances and/or style of close up magic coupled with Latko's professional stage manipulation/comedy act...the combination of stage/close-up...always seemed to draw huge crowds. I guess what I'm trying to convey...is that "street magic" doesn't always have to be "hard and fast"...I think that's what I was feeling that night...and why people were drawn to our performances. We really never had to catch people's attention...the magic did that on it's own. I appreciate your comment..nonetheless...aloha!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Street performance in Waikiki (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL