The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic in Dallas Area? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Red King
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Red King
I will be in the greater Dallas-Ft Worth area on Wed 6/16 for work and was wondering if there are any good magic shops in the vicinity, or any venue/bar that might offer magic entertainment? I realize that the latter is a long shot, but thought I would ask ...

Thanks in advance!
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Too bad you won't be here the evening of the 15th. That's when the Dallas Magic Clubs meet in the Galeria. Other than that, the best magic store is in McKinney north of Dallas or in Fort Worth.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I wish I would have known, I am in Dallas for a couple weeks every year. My last show is usually done around 2:00pm and back to the hotel by 4.
Maybe next time
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Red King
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Red King
Thanks for replies.

Ted: Actually, I will be coming into Dallas on the 15th (staying in Richardson), but have obligations to have dinner and pre-meeting strategy session with a senior colleague that I am linking up with. However, just in case her plane gets delayed (like on my last business trip) where is the Galeria exactly and what times do the clubs get together?

Thanks again, RK
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Red King: I sent you a PM...Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
newtonjj
View Profile
New user
Dallas, TX
12 Posts

Profile of newtonjj
Just so you know, Slappy's has moved from the Galleria. Go here:
http://home.roadrunner.com/~jvk6/scroll.pdf

Page 8 has the new location of the meeting.
Red King
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Red King
Newtonjj:

Thanks for info. Unfortunately, my plane was delayed this afternoon and I had to try to get to meeting direct from airport with no good directions (had not yet seen your message), no GPS, and no map! It was only by magic <groan> that actually managed to find the new location ... has to be about the best-hidden locale one could imagine, and walked in right as the performed was gathering up his cards and folks were folding you chairs!<sigh> Spoke briefly with a few people ... all quite friendly ... they invited me to dinner/drinks with them but had to beg off due to fatigue ... I was up until 2:30 a.m. night before completing charts for business meeting and was running on 3 1/2 hrs sleep. Unlikely that I will luck into being back in town on a meeting night, but I tried! Seems like a very good group and club! <smile>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic in Dallas Area? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL