We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Wolverine Formula (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I just picked this DVD up last week. The pen through the dollar looks really good. I need to get a special something before I can practice the effect. Does anyone here use this effect? And if so, how is the spectators response?
I did a search but there's not that much said about this effect. I'm a little surprised because it looks really good!
Thanks
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
134 Posts

Profile of FADE
Hey ralphs007,

I have the Wolverine Formula and I like it! I reserve it for those special times though,when I just want to fry someone's brain. Although I don't suggest to hand the bill or card back to the spec for examination after the effect the visualness of healing the bill or card leaves the spec speechless. I perform the effect with a bill and a cigarette. I burn a hole throught the bill, the specs clearly see this as I burn the cigarette right through the bill. I then sandwhich the bill in between my two hand and clearly show the bill has healed itself. I immediately fold the bill up, place it in my pocket and move on to another effect - the reactions are awesome! I hope this helps...

Cheers,

David
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi David
Thanks for your time. I'll be making the special something tomorrow. It does look like a great effect. I don't know why it not talked about that much here. Thanks for the tips on not handing this out. I had a suspicion that it would be asking for trouble if you did. That's fine with me cause I can work around that minor flaw.
Thanks again
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of papawemba
I also have wolverine formula but was disappointed.
In the trailer, he hands out the bill for examination...but I would never do that (I see it as a false advertisement).
But I agree it looks very good!

Nicolas
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-06-25 07:34, papawemba wrote:

In the trailer, he hands out the bill for examination...but I would never do that (I see it as a false advertisement).

Nicolas

Thanks Nicolas
I'm thinking that may be the reason there was so little feedback on this effect. It should have never been said. A poster from Genie Magazine said, he just puts it back in his wallet and moves on.He also said the effect goes over great for those he has shown this to.
James D. Miles
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hey Ralph,

Vanni Bossi's is awesome and is impromtu.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Thanks Steve
I'll do a search for this effect.
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PwhTbes3qA
I don't know if it's still available.
James D. Miles
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
860 Posts

Profile of boydy
I've been interested in the Vanni version for a while. I don't think it is for sale any more but does anyone know, or care to PM?

Regards

Alan
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Here is a wolverine effect I have been working on, check this thread.

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......forum=27
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
860 Posts

Profile of boydy
Can't view it.
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
What you say when spectator want to instect gimmicked pen after you made the trick?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 14:33, iluzjonista wrote:
What you say when spectator want to instect gimmicked pen after you made the trick?

The pen is not gimmicked
James D. Miles
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
So, is it impossible to hand this out for examination?

Regards,
Mike
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
It's like a lot of effects. Cursory exam is fine, but you always want to move on to the next thing. I go right into a torn and restored with the same bill as a follow up. That leaves me clean with a bill to give away if I want.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
887 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 00:35, hackmonkey wrote:
Here is a wolverine effect I have been working on, check this thread.

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......forum=27

Seriously, what was that supposed to be?
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
567 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Just FYI, in the near future I will be re releasing the Wolverine Formula with a new company with more handlings and methods for this as well as a the full fledged routine that I use with the method that is well thought out and routined
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Wolverine Formula (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL