The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Felix Snipes Passing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Humston
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Scott Humston
Hello Friends,

I wanted to let you know that Felix Snipes, long time-full-time evangelist/magician, passed on to be with our Lord this past Friday night, at 8:30 pm. He and I were suppose to be at the Conference of Southern Baptist Evangelists here in Orlando. However, his health had been getting worse, and about a month ago, he had a stroke that effected the right side of his body—including losing vision in one eye. So, while many of his long time evangelist friends and I were worshipping in word and song he passed from this life. His service will be this coming Saturday, June 19, at First Baptist Church, Atlanta. Visitation begins at 9:00 and the service begins at 11:00 AM. Please keep his wife Patsy in your prayers. Thanks.

IN Christ,

Scott Humston
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
I just stumbled across this post about Felix. It was sad to read...

My path crossed with Felix's path in life many years ago in Dallas. When Magicland was still open I'd go by there frequently. One day a poster advertising Felix's show was in the window. I took note of the time and place for the show and went to see him a few days later. To this day I think of him each time I drive by that church. I've also told countless people about that show and how he had us hooked from the "get go" as we often say in Texas.

Felix came out using a cane and when he spoke his first few words they were barely above a hush. He told of how he had a lung infection in one side of his lungs and that he hoped it wouldn't create a hardship for us to listen to him. Then he said, "Luckily, THIS side of my lungs is fine!" That of course was said in a loud, bass voice which reverberated through the sanctuary, the attendees heads and time -- until again, right now as I think back on him. A real showman and an incredible opening bit! In fact, for years, I told people that his opening was the best and most dramatic opening I had ever seen for a performer. It caught all of us by surprise and set an incredible stage for his show.

And speaking of his show ---- WOW! Great illusions to make his points and his use of an overhead projecter fit well too. He used one illustration that burned it's way into my mind and has stayed there, lo these many, many years, since it truly "spoke" to me... It was, in many ways, my life and I knew right then and there that my presence that night wasn't accidental....

Sadly I never got to see him again. I wish I had. He impressed me greatly and I have no doubt he did the same to countless others.

A great magician. A great showman. A great witness for Christ. He will be missed....

Sincerely,
carl
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
Scott Humston
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Scott Humston
Carl,

Such kind words...thank you! I've forwarded the comments on to Felix's wife, too. Thank you for taking the time to write.

In His Grip,

Scott Humston
Gary Barker
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
70 Posts

Profile of Gary Barker
Scott,

I know how much Felix meant to you. He chose wisely when he passed the torch to you. Let that flame BLAZE!

Your friend in Christ,

Gary
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The July/August 2010 issue of "The Voice of the FCM" is now posted in full at http://www.fcm.org Then go to the "Members Only" area, then click on "The Voice of the FCM" prompt. Then go to 2010- the latest issue is posted there. Pages 20-22 is a wonderful "Tribute to Rev. Felix Snipes" including quotes by FCMers including Andre' Kole, Sammie Smith, Jamie Doyle, Gary Bartlett Harris, and Bobby Warren. "Promoted to Glory"
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
How did I miss this? I am so sad to hear of Felix passing. My prayers go out to his family.
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
Great posts in FCM about Felix!
What courage and conviction Felix had. A true role model.
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
MagicPS
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicPS
I found out that Scott is putting together an estate sale of all of Felix's 40 years of magical props. This will benefit Felix's widow, Patsy, and is a wonder-full way for us to show support for his ministry. The sale is going to be on August 14, 2010 in North Metro Atlanta, GA. He says there literally are THOUSANDS of magical props, utility items, DVDs and VHS tapes!

I found your Scott's PDF flier for the magic estate sale. You can read it at http://tinyurl.com/2gxs8qz and it looks like there is an incredible resource here for both the newcomer to magic AND the seasoned pro. This appears to be a not-to-be-missed event. I'll be there early! That's Saturday August 14, 2010!

Come support the legacy of Felix Snipes and the Wonder-Full Weekend.

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Felix Snipes Passing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL