The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Loughran's Mad Scientist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
477 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Hi all,

I'm posting this for a friend who can't become a Café member due to an email address restriction imposed by the Café. So... although the name on the post is mine, the words that follow are Marks.

I just purchased Peter Loughran’s new effect, “Mad Scientist”. I waited a couple weeks for it to arrive because he custom makes these to order. This is a very cool effect. I just spent the last couple hours trying it out.

The effect of a silk transporting from one test tube to another is a great idea. It actually happens right in front of the spectator. One moment it’s in one tube, and then in the blink of an eye, it vanishes from that tube and reappears in another tube isolated on a movable stand on the other side of the close-up pad.

The mechanism that works this effect is simple, yet very clever.

This effect not only looks cool to the spectator’s, but is fun to do. I have been playing with it for the past couple hours.

This is another great Peter Loughran effect. I own several others.

This is a great for a teleportation experiment, or maybe a Ghost flight. Nice job Peter! Keep these cool effects coming

Mark Doetsch
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey Thanks Glenn for posting that! Tell Mark that's awesome! This was a labour of love, and Im happy he is enjoying it! I did a run of 12 units and have 2 left in stock for immediate delivery if anyone is interested.

Thanks Mark if you read this for going to the trouble of having someone post this for you, You didn't have to do that, but it is appreciated.

Best,

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I am seriously thinking about getting this, any-other reviews out there?

I know Peter makes great products, his ONE Levi being one of them, but I never worked with something quit like this.

Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2010-06-15 12:29, Piz wrote:
I am seriously thinking about getting this, any-other reviews out there?

I know Peter makes great products, his ONE Levi being one of them, but I never worked with something quit like this.

Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

I just ordered the Mad Scientist from Peter and from the start it was a pleasure emailing him for additional information and product description.

Peter replied to every email within a few hours, answered all my questions and was very helpful in explaining the various ways the trick can be performed.

Luckily for me Peter had a unit in stock and I did not have to wait until it was constructed; It went into the mail today and I am very excited about receiving it.

Paul, I know it’s been awhile since you have asked for feedback and I will post a review as soon as I receive it.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
477 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
I recently suggested an idea to my friend Mark regarding this trick that I thought would really sell the authenticity of the effect. He tried it out on two different occasions and he said he'll definitely continue to do it this way.

My idea was simply to have something make the journey along with the silk. In other words... (supposedly) wrap up an object in the silk then have the silk time travel to the other tube... then you remove the silk and whatever made the trip along with it.

The first time, he used a borrowed finger ring (it was for an adult group) and the second time was a children's party so he had them initial a half dollar.

Glenn
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
First question: I'm wondering if these are still available or manufactured as I am seriously thinking of ordering one? (I am aware of the fact that I should probably just contact Peter Loughran, but was on here and thought I would ask)...

I remember seeing the video demo for this when it first became available from MOI but was not in a position to get it then. I definitely have a use for it and possible presentation that I think would fit very well with this illusion.

Second question: Can the effect be performed by going directly to the unobstructed visible transpo? Or is it necessary to go through some of the sucker moves first before the totally visible transpostion?
Thanks in advance for any info/help to my inquiries.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Quote:
On 2011-11-02 12:24, Glenn Morphew wrote:
I recently suggested an idea to my friend Mark regarding this trick that I thought would really sell the authenticity of the effect. He tried it out on two different occasions and he said he'll definitely continue to do it this way.

My idea was simply to have something make the journey along with the silk. In other words... (supposedly) wrap up an object in the silk then have the silk time travel to the other tube... then you remove the silk and whatever made the trip along with it.

The first time, he used a borrowed finger ring (it was for an adult group) and the second time was a children's party so he had them initial a half dollar.

Glenn

I LOVE this idea! I had no idea that could be done! I am now VERY interested in this baby. I own so many awesome Peter illusions. My favorite being the Creature Shock!! I still have to write a review on that!!!

Mike Smile
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Hi GlenD,

I'm going to assume they are still available as Peter still lists it on his site and most of his stuff is made to order anyway.

As far as your second question, yes, you can skip the sucker stuff and go straight to the unobstructed transposition. That's the way I've done it for the past two years. The running time is not as long that way, but I don't mind.

I use this in school assemblies for groups of kids up to 400 and this effect always blows their doors off. I must have used it around 150 times or so in the last two years and it's holding great and delivers every time...plus it can be performed surrounded, which is always nice not worrying about angles.Smile
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks Cris! You are a true and busy WORKER, so its always awesome to hear when you are using one of my effects in your shows!

Glen, thanks for calling me up! Great chat we had!

Thanks Mike, looking forward to a Creature Shock review from you!

And to everyone else reading this thread, yes I still make these, I just build them order. I generally need about 7-10 days to make one up. There are a ton of parts to this, and it is very tedious and time consuming to make it.

Mark Doetsch also recently sent me a video of him performing a routine similar to the "Transporting" an object inside the silk from one test tube to the other mentioned above, but this time with a sucker finale! It was great! Not sure if Mark wants me to share it, so I won't say anything about it right now. But it was good. Thanks Mark if you read this.

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Peter, I appreciate your time on the phone answering some of my questions and stuff. I guess the only other thing I was wondering about was noise... but from what Cris had to say, it plays great (and to a sizeable crowd too)! I just got to get a few other things taken care of and will be finally putting in my order for one.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Glen,

It's virtually silent. You could do this at birthday parties. There's a tiny "sucking" sort of sound that almost sounds like the vortex is swallowing the silk,(nothing that would give anything away) but when I do this very very close to kids (even in 400 kid audiences, my front row is often only 5 feet away) I just have the kids say the magic word and Voila! Applause.Smile

Seriously, the kids can be right in front of you and you're just fine.

And Peter, my friend, I LOVE your stuff. The Electronic Flashbox goes on its maiden voyage this week and also this week I'll be ordering Creature Shock. I've put it off long enough.Smile
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
477 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Hi guys,

I just happened to see this thread.

After chatting with my buddy Mark, I got his permission to post the link of his performance that Peter mentioned above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOLMPlKpdeE

Enjoy,

Glenn

P.S.

I kind of feel like an agent, except for the money part. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Loughran's Mad Scientist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL