The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » History of magic/street performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiczzz
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of magiczzz
Hi, I am from the UK. I am interested in street performing back in the day in europe. At the time of mountbanks and previous. I am developing a street act that captures that feel. Cups and balls is obviously an excellent start. I wish to re-create the street performance listed in Discoverie of Witchcraft. For instance, the fake knives. Any advice or thoughts?
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Magiczzz

Welcome to the Café.

Have you come across the section titled "the side walk shuffle". You should find that section will be of interest to you.

Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you are interested in re-creating this style of performance, you might find it better to look at Hocus Pocus, Junior..

Reginald Scot was not a magician. All he gave in the very thin section of Discoverie was the bare bones of a number of tricks, plus a few drawings of various gimmicks. Hocus Pocus, Junior, which was written 50 years later, really gives much more of the inside details of the work.

Many of the things that are shown in the Scot book are currently available in much better versions than the ones that are shown in the original text.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » History of magic/street performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL