The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » New book, sounds interesting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno
A Novel
Ellen Bryson

Description from site:

Water for Elephants meets Geek Love in this riveting first novel, an enchanting love story set in P. T. Barnum's American Museum in 1865 New York City

Bartholomew Fortuno, the World's Thinnest Man, believes that his unusual body is a gift. Hired by none other than P. T. Barnum to work at his spectacular American Museum—a modern marvel of macabre displays, breathtaking theatrical performances, and live shows by Barnum's cast of freaks and oddities—Fortuno has reached the pinnacle of his career. But after a decade of constant work, he finds his sense of self, and his contentment within the walls of the museum, flagging. When a carriage pulls up outside the museum in the dead of night, bearing Barnum and a mysterious veiled woman—rumored to be a new performer—Fortuno's curiosity is piqued. And when Barnum asks Fortuno to follow her and report back on her whereabouts, his world is turned upside down. Why is Barnum so obsessed with this woman? Who is she, really? And why has she taken such a hold on the hearts of those around her?

Set in the New York of 1865, a time when carriages rattled down cobblestone streets, raucous bordellos near the docks thrived, and the country was mourning the death of President Lincoln, The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno is a moving novel about human appetites and longings. With pitch-perfect prose, Ellen Bryson explores what it means to be profoundly unique—and how the power of love can transcend even the greatest divisions.

http://us.macmillan.com/thetransformatio......wfortuno
Doctor Mythsonian
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Doctor Mythsonian
Sounds good! I just started the Peter Ackroyd Frankenstein book... similar in tone, a hjistorical fiction.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Cool! Sounds interesting. Thanks for the referral.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I'm not sure how exactly, but the some how I had received an email about the book with an offer to receive a free review copy of it. Didn't really think it would pan out but still sent my details to them. A week later, brand new hardcover copy of the book arrived in the mail absolutely free. Keep an eye out for an email about it or maybe scout around the interwebs for the offer. I'll report back with a review when I can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » New book, sounds interesting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL