The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request:: Ramos Sympathetic Wands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Just curious if anyone would like to give a short review of Ramos Sympathetic Wands.

Thanks,
Harv
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
I can tell this is an incredibly popular item....LOL!!!!
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Is there any video performance of this? Anyone have this?
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I am guessing at $72 (abbotts) no one wanted try it At $45 no one wanted to try it. But at clearance at $23 I am curious. I did find one so so reivew on Elmwood magic. Something about the methhod was not to his liking but maybe some would. I really do not know what that means.
While I read the effect a few times. I am still not clear it it looks like the photos or looks like drawings that you see in the ad. So I do not know how clean this is and really would have liked to see it performed.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I do not have the effect, and one reason why is because I believe I know what it is. It is published in every beginner book at the bookstore on magic.

This is one of those sleeper tricks, you hate the method, but in the right hands it is very entertaining. With a little thought and a good presentation, it will be enjoyed by audiences. The problem is the set up and as most do not like to be connected to anything. They want to just pick it up and do a trick.

Hope this helps you decide in some way.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Interesting that no one has bought this trick yet (at least no one here on the Café' willing to post). I find it being sold in several different shops for under $40.00. Even Amazon has it for under $40.00.

I am not sure that this trick uses the old rising pencil principle but I suspect that it does. I imagine that it is more alone the lines of Geatan Bloom's "Potty Bicycle Pumps" trick (from the 80s). If you remember that was a sympathetic bicycle pump trick. It reads very similar to this one.

Max Howard sold a rising and floating wand trick based on the rising pencil principle. He turned the rising wand into a true miracle.

According to the ads for this trick it comes with a "special tray". I am interested in a full review from someone who actually has it. I would be especially interested in where it would play (parlor or platform).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Ad says it is all in the tray. Says no wires which I guess could be mis read as no threads. Says can be done surrounded.

There should be a review group be created. Everyone puts int some money to buy effects and review the, Everyone gets at turn or the effect is sent around and the option to buy it is offered each reviewer offers it for sale and
put the money is put back into the fund.

What am concerned about that the wrist has to be so close to the wand that moves as in the ad photo. Sadly the review on elmwood is not traceable to ask for a follow up.

ANd by keeping the thread going someone is bound to read it who as seen it. It is easy to miss things. Like I had no idea what the heck is going on that would case Steven to send a crazy long broadcast message. If he did not, I would not know anything is going on.
Is his Ramos someonethat is alive and contactable?
MagicBrain
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of MagicBrain
This is an old thread but in case someone still want to know : I do have the Ramos Sympathetic Wands trick. I bought it several years ago somewhere around 30$.

Here's my review : When I opened the box I was surprise to see... almost nothing inside ! Well not quite nothing, there was a plastic tray and several sheets of instructions. No bottle, no wands, not even the gimmick required to the trick ! I realized I also had to do all the work and preparation to the tray, bottles, wands in order to prepare the equipment ! If I had bought this at 73$ (as it was first advertised) I would have been frustrated to say the least. So as for the props I received I can only give 1 star (on 5).

As for the preparation in itself : it does used an old principle in a different way. When the preparation is done, you don't need to prepare it from the next show (it's a one time set-up). You don't need to be connected to the tray... it can be self-contained if I remember correctly (frankly it as been a long time since I have looked at this routine). It does use Th*** but not the Invi***** one (not stron enough). As for the gimmick and set-up I give a 2 Stars (because it can be self-contained).

As for the routine : I never performed it but that's only me. It is not a close-up trick. Not a platform either because the audience would be to far away to see the animation that takes place. So I believe that in the right condition it's more of a parlor trick but the audience must be at a certain distance in order not to see the gimmick. What I know is that if I could find a gimmick that would be strong enough and mostly invisible, it would play well in a parlor situation. As for the presentation it is a nice animation/floating routine. I believe that in the right hands and in the right conditions it could play well. But that's the problem with those trick, it doesn't fit most of the situation we performed. For the routine I give 3 stars.

Overall I give 2.5 stars / 5. The props I received was minimal. To much have to be done in order to prepare the trick. The routine in itself could play well in the right situation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request:: Ramos Sympathetic Wands (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL