The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bill Palmer Appreciation Thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I could easily write a book with the valuable info I have saved from Bill Palmer alone. Pages of threads from the Café, saved as HTML files, going back years...I could thank you for that...but...

There are all the PM's with personal support when I was in the homeless shelter, the Cups & Balls books, the tiny crocheted balls for the Indian Set, the links on how to publish on the web...on and on.

How many times will I say thank you? Every opportunity I get! Smile

I'm going to learn the Anderson tear. Just wanted you to know that! Smile

Doug
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I would like to add my voice to this chorus. I have never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Palmer, but his wisdom and generosity have very much contributed to rekindling my interest in the C&B and magic in general. I want to thank him for his patience with those of us who are far less knowledgeable or experienced here in the Café. Many posters seem to relish putting down the newcomers and making us self-conscious of our lack of historical awareness--Bill, on the other hand, seems to know we are here to learn and give his experience to us unselfishly and without malice. I thank you, sire.

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 11:53pm
I would also like to know how I can get my hands on your lecture notes regarding Ren Faire work that I have seen mentioned on these boards. Thanks.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
We love ya Bill.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2012-06-29 23:53, Motley Mage wrote:
I would also like to know how I can get my hands on your lecture notes regarding Ren Faire work that I have seen mentioned on these boards. Thanks.

PM'ed you.

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 9:50pm
I'm glad this old thread has been revived. As many of you know, this hasn't been exactly a banner year for me. It has been the moral support of my friends here and on other forums that has gotten me through the crises I have faced.

It's nice to know that you have friends, even if you have never actually met them in person.

The ones I have actually met have not been disappointing in the least!!!

I thank all of you.

Bill
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Bill, how can we pay you back for all you have given to us?
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
I want to hear the new accordion!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
LOL
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's it! I'll have a concert!

Seriously, the best way anyone can pay anyone else back for advice or other help is to do the same for someone else. When the right person asks the right question, you will know.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I hope I will not have to wait 10 more years. Smile
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
One of the things I admire about Bill, is that while he may remind you that Google exists and is a valid tool, he still often throws in a link or two to get you started.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Quote:
On 2012-07-01 03:38, Bill Palmer wrote:
That's it! I'll have a concert!

Seriously, the best way anyone can pay anyone else back for advice or other help is to do the same for someone else. When the right person asks the right question, you will know.

I assume cups will be used as musical instruments...thrilling thoughts...
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
My very first post on this forum asked a question that Bill went out of his way to help me with via a pm. That left quite an impression on me, and I have since then learned a tremendous amount from him here.

Bill, thank you.

-Mariano Blanco.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You are most welcome.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I've been lucky enough to go to a few IBM meetings and Christmas parties where Bill was.

He is always fun and amazing but more importantly (to me) ready to help younger people.

My son who is now fourteen still talks about some of the things Bill did at meetings. And my daughter is not into magic much anymore but still treasures that she was able to invent a new trick "Signed Card to a Sealed Package of Bologna" to win an "invent a new trick" contest that Bill put on for the local IBM ring.

Bill is more than a legend, more that THE Merlin in many people's minds; Bill is a gentleman in every sense of the word.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You are far too kind. Thanks!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Another late comer to the thread and, embarassing for a writer, at a loss for words. That's because Bill's encycopedic knowledge of magic and his willingness to share it leaves me speechless.

While Bill doesn't suffer fools lightly, he has kindly made an exception for me time and time again. (Except when it comes to my lousy German.)

He's a national treasure, not the least because he plays a mean banjo.

I don't follow the on-going progress of The Cups and Balls Museum; I'm too busy working on The Bill Palmer Museum.

The problem is I can't find a big enough space to accomodate his contributions and our gratitude!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Have to add my 2 cents worth. But, Bill has always been a great help no matter what question I should come up with. Plus all the love he puts into the cup and ball page shows. For someone that doesn't sleep well, it's comforting to have the museum open 24 hours to browse whenever I want (and to wish).
Thanks Bill.
Kevin Gardner
View Profile
Regular user
Richboro, PA
177 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gardner
Bill's web site and written wisdom on the Café are invaluable to me and the entire magic community. I can not thank him him enough.

Many thanks for Mr. Palmer.
wsgumby
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of wsgumby
OK, I'm a bit late. Bill, I'd like to thank you for the amazing amount of information you've posted on this site, and I'm sure I will thank you for the Museum if I can ever get into it.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
With this thread coming back to the top of the list, it gives me the pleasure to express again that Bill Palmer is a pillar to high quality information and broad knowledge in the Magic Café. I don't think that such a level would never have been reached without personalities like him and Whit Haydn.

Thanks again Bill.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bill Palmer Appreciation Thread (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL