The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Michael Ammar store unprotected ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27141 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Perhaps rule the niche market - but it will still be the best performers who rule the stage and the best craftsmen and innovators whose works those performers will seek out.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2010-06-20 22:52, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-19 16:31, Gospel Dan wrote:

here is a twisted example. The more guns that are allowed to be out in the hands of the public, the more gun related crimes there will be.

A false syllogism at best. This causes the rest of your argument (Anyone who puts out a DVD deserves to be ripped off) to be false.

And who's the nut who is claiming that Richard, Michael, etc are rich? Copperfield, yeah - he has an island. But where did the nut get his facts?

*jeep!
--Grandpa

I never said that anyone who puts out a DVD deserves to be ripped off. You clearly missed the point, and are completely misrepresenting my statements. Please don't put words into my mouth.

If a person is going to complain and whine about how all their DVD's keep getting pirated, and shared on torrent sites, but keep pumping out more and more DVD's to the mass market, then it's just like what aradia, and Pakar Ilusi said.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lets get the pitch forks and torches and we can storm Ammar's castle. Sounds like fun.

Or...yea lets not do that. Seems as if the guy has done plenty to advance the art.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2010-06-23 09:54, mandarin wrote:
Like Penn & Teller...

http://magic.about.com/b/2010/06/16/penn......htm?nl=1

Are you one of those who think that Penn & Teller are exposing magic? Penn & teller put on the best show I have ever seen. They have done much more for magic than 99% of all the other magicians I've seen.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2010-06-23 21:45, Micheal Leath wrote:
Quote:
Like Penn & Teller...

Are you one of those who think that Penn & Teller are exposing magic? Penn & teller put on the best show I have ever seen. They have done much more for magic than 99% of all the other magicians I've seen.

I'm just wondering if you read the article? And yes, Penn and Teller exposes magic. Penn admits to exposing magic. (lol) Smile
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2010-06-23 22:48, Gospel Dan wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-23 21:45, Micheal Leath wrote:
Quote:
Like Penn & Teller...

I'm just wondering if you read the article? And yes, Penn and Teller exposes magic. Penn admits to exposing magic. (lol) Smile

I did read the article. Maybe I should have not have worded it like I did. I should have asked if he thought Penn & Teller were ruining magic with their exposure?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh god not again.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3621 Posts

In deference to Danny, I must respectfully refrain from answering your question, Micheal...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Similarly in an attempt to NOT bait you, I say nothing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3621 Posts

Gratzi!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27141 Posts

So we're down to "speak no evil" and the other two monkeys are out doing as they please?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No Jonathan we are at a point at which we know the opinions of each other and simply do not want to argue them again out of respect or boredome. I wish one of those monkeys was a "mind your own business" monkey. But that is tough to sum up with a simple gesture like hands over eyes, ears or mouth.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27141 Posts

I was thinking of the back and forth between Dan and Michael - effectively leaving "hear no evil" and "do no evil" to run wild on the internet since speaking out against an open market seems useless.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
As long as Ammar is selling the tricks I don't see a problem.
Everyone has the right to buy a trick.
I don't think anything except laying down some cash is required.

Just like at a magic store. Anyone can walk in and buy a trick.

Am I missing something?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
So, the section of a Public Library that has magic books should be password protected from.....the public? Hmmmm.....
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I enjoy the position of "once I have learned THEN everything should be secret.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27141 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-06-30 12:00, Review King wrote:
So, the section of a Public Library that has magic books should be password protected from.....the public? Hmmmm.....

Seems like just magicians need a password. Not writers, casual readers, publishers...
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Really??
Ammar is entitled to sell his dvds any way he wants
I am one of those that learned a lot from his secrets of card magic
what´s the difference between finding them in a magic store by accident or buying them over the internet?
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
In the end it doesn't really matter. If someone is so intent on finding out how a trick is done because they can't stand being fooled, there is nothing to stop them. Albeit. It only hurts them because if they have no interrest in magic, but just can't stand not knowing, then everytime they find out a small part of their inner child dies.

To those who honestly want to learn magic because they love performing and entertaining for others, they too will find ways to learn. As they learn, they will more than likely also appreciate the art of magic enough to realize that it's not the secrets that need to be protected as much as the inner child of each of our audiences.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Michael Ammar store unprotected ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL