The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » I Figured the Trick out, So I Bought It (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Jack
YouTube surfing the other day, I came across a video of a magician I've never heard of, demonstrating an amazing impromptu magic trick. Being the seasoned and fairly knowledged magician that I am, I was able to download the video, play it in GOM player, move frame-by-frame, and figure the method out. Woohoo! I now know a great impromptu magic trick without even having to buy it to learn the method! So, I researched the name, found the distributor of the magic trick, and spent $25 for the manuscript and dvd. If you're saying "What?" right now, you need to get your magic morals in check.

Magically, Jack McCoy
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
For a seasoned and fairly knowledged magician, I suppose the question as to why you would want to play it in a GOM player, then move it frame by frame to figure out the method should be raised don't you think? I see nothing moral about that.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Jack, I can see a gloriole growing on you. How does it feel?
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Jack
I've always tried to figure tricks out first, just as a personal challenge. But, regardless of which comes first, the ability or the secret, I always support the creator. They deserve it.
Magically, Jack
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Good on ya', Jack. Wish more felt (and acted) that way...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3245 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Ethics aside, it seems to me that if you're serious about mastering a trick that you took the time to merely "figure out", you'd buy the manuscript anyhow to gain all the insights that the creator offers.

People who pirate DVDs and copy manuscripts are simply ignorant "info hoarders", and their magic will never really go anywhere.

Will even ONE successful, professional DVD pirate/master magician stand up to challenge me on this? Didn't think so; because they don't exist.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » I Figured the Trick out, So I Bought It (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL