The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Wrist tie/escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
I had the good fortune to see Ali Bongo perform at Colon in 2001. He did a quick wrist escape before his close up routine. He graciously agreed to reveal the method to anyone who wanted it, but I couldn't locate Ali after the closeup sessions were over. Does anyone have a wrist tie/escape that they use with? I am looking for a source.

Lou

P.S. Glen Gerard also has a great routine that he recently performed at the Houdini Club convention in Appleton, WI last September. Smile
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5367 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have and use Steve Bedwell’s wrist tie. It is not an escape but rather a thumb-tie kind of routine (along the lines of Harry Anderson’s Handcuff routine).

I also knot loops into a length of rope, one loop around my wrist pulled tight, the rope around the other wrist, pulled tight and knotted to a second loop. Yep, it is an impromptu, made on the spot, “Siberian Chain Escape” set-up. If you know the Siberian Chain Escape than you can tie the rope similarly and use knots instead of a padlock. It works. With this I do as a thumb tie bit to escape. While I thought of using the rope myself, it can’t be original to me, it is just a logical extension of a very old effect. In fact some years ago, I saw a guy use his necktie in a similar fashion (no pun intended!).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Check Daryl's Rope video's and Tarbell #4 (I think) Daryl's will teach escapes and Tarbels will teach the Thumb tie.
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
142 Posts

Profile of DonB!
DO a search for the Kellar Wrist Tie, and you'll find not only a method, but also a great routine.

Saw a Minnesota magi, Toby Travis, do a wonderfully funny routine with it about 6 years ago.

DonB!
DonB!
Non-stop laughter. Eternal Impact.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Wrist tie/escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL