The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WOW - BACK DESIGN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
You may be right. I have not seen that presentation yet. When I do I may consider getting one and reworking it.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
WOW 2.0 pre-order here!

Hi Guys,

Since our exclusive on the ‘Wizard Product Review’ this week, everyone has been talking about the new WOW with a back design.

World Magic Store gave you the first look at this brand new version and we are now giving you the very first opportunity to pre-order and guarantee receiving this fantastic product.

You can pre-order here:

http://www.worldmagicstore.com/product_i......_id=6132

Thanks for watching the ‘Wizard Product Review’.

David & Craig

Click here to view attached image.
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Judging my the amount of pms I've had about this weeks show a lot of you agree with myself and Dave about Hawk and WOW. I can't wait to start working this for real people - if Dave would ever give me the code to the safe I might be able to!

Martin, Mark Leveridge's Keyvolution is a wonderful effect (I have to say that, he's my editor for my coin magic series in Magic Scene!). I have a great routine that acomplishes a similar thing using the keymaster gaffs and this will be released down the line at some point. As a lot of you are finding, there is a lot more to keymaster than what you see!

Now, back to WOW!!

Craig
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Any idea as to approximate release date on WOW 2.0 Craig?
Also, is this alternate version of WOW from Masuda?
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey Gaffed

The new WOW should be out in the next couple of weeks and it is by Masuda. As Dave mentioned World Magic Store are the only online dealer to have the product available to pre order. I know that today alone they have had about 30 or 40 pre orders and more people are pre ordering every few minutes. It would probably be best to pre order as soon as possible to make sure you get a copy at launch. Here is a link to the pre order page at World Magic Store

http://www.worldmagicstore.com/product_i......_id=6132

Like I said on the Wizard Product Review Show I am so excited about this prop, it's great!

Craig
ninepine
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of ninepine
Hello Craig

The review and other comments here persuade me that WOW 2.0 is something I should have. While how you use a gimmick may or may not give rise to spectator suspicion it's always good to have an unfaked item just in case.

How about a bundle deal for WOW 2.0 and the unfaked case?

Mike
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Is this what they call it now, WOW 2.0? Sounds tantalizing!
Magic comes through perception. -HS
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Why don't they cal it " WOW- I'M BACK".
KernowMagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of KernowMagic
Hello,

One of my regular customers questioned our newest pre-sale posting on our website as they had seen this thread that said WMS are the only ones who have this on pre-sale. Just to let you all know, old and new customers that we have it too. You can pre-order right now:

http://www.kernowmagic.co.uk/product_inf......_id=3285

From the official distributor there isn't a release date yet but we are told it will be soon.

Kenny
Life is no miracle, just an illusion performed to perfection.
<BR>
<BR>www.kernowmagic.co.uk
Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
496 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Quote:
On 2010-06-28 08:24, Failed Magician wrote:
Is this what they call it now, WOW 2.0? Sounds tantalizing!

Calling this new release WOW 2.0 is only going to end up causing confusion. There's already a version of WOW that goes by that name.

WOW 2.0 (Blank Card): http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/181

There's also a WOW 3.0 (Joker): http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/221

These versions of WOW, however, don't seem as popular as the original version: http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......ts_id/93

So I guess this new Back Design version should technically be called WOW 4.0 (Back Design).
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4619 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2010-06-23 17:09, Cyberqat wrote:
Assuming you are reasonably good at palming, could it be used to make the palmed card appear or does the spectator's card have to be inserted back into the deck?

No. For instance, f***e the WOW card, spectator signs it, have the card signed, during which time you s****h out for the Extractor. Card is placed into the Extractor, and put it in your pocket. Do the dirty. Now, remove another deck of cards from ANOTHER pocket, and locate the duplicate of the signed card in a magical way. First miracle - you found the spectator's card in another deck. Have your spectator put it on top of the deck, then secretly drop the palmed card on top. A simple DL, perform WOW!, and you have a miracle. The signature appears on the card from the second deck. This can be part of an Ambitious Card routine.
Hope that all makes sense. There are countless ways to use WOW! I just don't see WOW 2 as being nearly as miraculous, since the back change could be any card.
Potty Smile
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of cardlover
Quote:
On 2010-06-28 10:36, KernowMagic wrote:
Hello,

One of my regular customers questioned our newest pre-sale posting on our website as they had seen this thread that said WMS are the only ones who have this on pre-sale. Just to let you all know, old and new customers that we have it too. You can pre-order right now:

http://www.kernowmagic.co.uk/product_inf......_id=3285

From the official distributor there isn't a release date yet but we are told it will be soon.

Kenny

hocus pocus has it for pre-order as well with free world wide shipping.
The price has been lowered and comes with a DVD.
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/

Great item for beginners and pro's.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Nice effect Potty. Then again, the Extractor lends itself to so many possibilities as does WOW. However, there still must be some reason for using the WOW plastic sleeve given to the spectator(s). Make no mistake about it, I have always loved WOW, if some type of explanation is given as to why it is introduced into the effect.

Once you decide or, come about with a reasonable explanation for using a plastic sleeve, WOW is indeed a GREAT bit of visual eye candy magic!
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4619 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I agree that you need to justify the sleeve - but that's all just a matter of presentation. There are many magic effects which rely on props which need to be qualified within the routine.
I follow up my Card to Wallet with WOW!, explaining to the specs that THIS wallet is "see-through", so they will now discover HOW the card gets into the wallet. There are plenty of other explanations you can use.
Potty Smile
francis farrell
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of francis farrell
On the DVD the ratioanle for using the piece of perspex is to isolate the cards. Two are used, top and bottom of the deck. Makes perfect sense. On the promotional video two pieces so perspex are used as well. BUT you have to buy the additional piece of perpex separately. So, what you see on the promo and on the ACR part of the instructional video you won't be able to do until you buy the second piece of perspex. Why not just simply sell both pieces at the same time and add the cost into the price? I now have to send off for the extra piece. It will arrive during the day when I am out and becase it needs to be signed for I will have to wait until the weekend to go to the post office to collect.Frustrating!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WOW - BACK DESIGN (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL