We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Sal Piacente (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Hi All,
I purchased Mr. Piacente's 3 Shell DVD which is excellent and well worth the money.
Does anyone have his 3 Card Monte DVD and care to offer comments?
with thanks,
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I have it, and think it is good and solid, with the important moves clearly explained. Not too fancy, but it gets the job done nicely...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Sal's DVD doesn't at all equal the quality of the university level instruction offered by School for Scoundrels on the same topic.

Sal's a nice guy, but his work on the Three Card Monte and the Shell Game doesn't reflect his actual area of expertise.

Here are some facts:

1) Sal did four DVD's for magics number one theives, Magic Makers.
2) Two of those Magic Makers DVD's are on the Shells and the Monte.

There is an abundance of material on the two remaining card DVD's that (frankly) belongs to somebody else.

Like I said, Sal's a really nice guy........but these DVD's are nothing more than typical Magic Makers junk.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I think the Piacente DVDs are the worst of the shell game DVDs. They are fine but nowhere nears as good as the stuff by Cass, Haydn, Sheets etc.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have to agree with Silverking and Nicholas, Sal's DVDs are very well produced but the material doesn't come close as an instruction tool as the Scoundrels material does.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Well, not having all of the others, I can not make a comparison. I gave Sal's DVD another look last evening, and stand by what I posted. Further, I think the fact that it is a MM DVD is, in this situation, irrelevant, as 3 card monte belongs to no one as far as I know...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2010-07-01 16:40, mandarin wrote:
Well, not having all of the others, I can not make a comparison.

You said it.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I don't have Sal's but I do have all the others: Cass, Hayden, Sheets and they're all GREAT resources that helped to make the 3 shell game my favorite piece to perform.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
I totally agree with Nick,the stuff put out by Phil Cass, Whit Haydn, Bob Sheets are the only definitive work. I haven't seen anything else that can even tough these three, top notch, super professional and always gets the crowd attention..
Bill
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2010-06-23 09:31, panlives wrote:
Does anyone have his 3 Card Monte DVD and care to offer comments?

You've probably either bought the DVD by now, or decided not to. But I wanted to add one thing to this thread.

Sals DVD is fine but it's very basic. If someone happens to buy the DVD and becomes interested in the game, they will quickly find their way to the SFS and other more advanced materials. And it's likely they will never revist the Magic Makers stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Sal Piacente (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL