The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Subtle Scam ( ACAAN and Think of a card ) by Tommaso Guglielmi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of monello74
A little bonus coming soon...

Arcane Coincidence
(An interesting handling for ACAAN or OP effect)

A borrowed deck of card is shuffled by the spectator.
A card is freely selected (Free choice: AD) and lost in the middle of the deck using some cuts and also via quick shuffle.
At this point the magician asks the spectator to look through the deck
and to select some cards ( For example the spectator 3S 10C 9S ).

Now the magician asks the spectator to sum the value of these 3 cards together:
3+10+9= 22.

The magician recaps all: "A borrowed deck of cards is shuffled by the spectator and a card has been freely selected. A number has been freely selected using 3 others cards and the deck is never touched by me and I don't know what is the identity of your card. It is amazing if the card at position 22 is exactly your selection?"

The spectator counts at 22 and his card, AD, will be there

(You can use the same handling for OP just to have to name Any card before to start the effect )

I hope you will like it.

Thank you everyone that have supported my effects.

Bye,
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Quote:
On 2010-06-28 09:55, entermagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-25 17:09, Uli Weigel wrote:
I think I'm gonna wait for the one after the next ultimate perfect whatever - yawn...


I believe you have to wait a long time before you will see something better than Subtle Scam: Impromptu, No Force, Hands-off, it works with any borrowed unprepared deck untouched, no outs, it is also 100% and Low price: 10Eur (8 effects/variants)

At moment I am not able to find something better

MP


No, you just have to go back further.

Or, if your scared of 'classics' J Borns book is also available.

BTW, If you audience thinks your ACAAN is 'pure chance' you are performing it wrongly. And you are not, I would suggest, the man to listen to in terms of your opinions on ACAAN methods.

The real deal here however, is that, the method is entirely redundant. In my opinion for real workers the best method will be at least something like Barrie Richardson's Impromptu Acaan, but what is really important is the presentation.

Presentation
Presentation
Presentation

And yet of the 4,382 books on ACAAN Tommy/MP have released, how many are on the presentation of the effect? Which, by the way, is an extremely difficult effect to present correctly.

JH

P.S. Yawwn indeed...
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 06:07, Jon Hackett wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-28 09:55, entermagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-25 17:09, Uli Weigel wrote:
I think I'm gonna wait for the one after the next ultimate perfect whatever - yawn...


I believe you have to wait a long time before you will see something better than Subtle Scam: Impromptu, No Force, Hands-off, it works with any borrowed unprepared deck untouched, no outs, it is also 100% and Low price: 10Eur (8 effects/variants)

At moment I am not able to find something better

MP


No, you just have to go back further.

Or, if your scared of 'classics' J Borns book is also available.

BTW, If you audience thinks your ACAAN is 'pure chance' you are performing it wrongly. And you are not, I would suggest, the man to listen to in terms of your opinions on ACAAN methods.

The real deal here however, is that, the method is entirely redundant. In my opinion for real workers the best method will be at least something like Barrie Richardson's Impromptu Acaan, but what is really important is the presentation.

Presentation
Presentation
Presentation

And yet of the 4,382 books on ACAAN Tommy/MP have released, how many are on the presentation of the effect? Which, by the way, is an extremely difficult effect to present correctly.

JH

P.S. Yawwn indeed...


If you do not like this effect move on... Go on another thread, on the magic Café there are many interesting arguments for you.

No one force you to buy or to read anything.

MP

PS. Is the slogan of TheMagicCafe: Magicians helping Magician?
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Yes, I clearly provided help.

You on the other hand, only provide marketing.

Touché.

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Louis Cipher
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Louis Cipher
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 05:37, monello74 wrote:
A little bonus coming soon...

Arcane Coincidence
(An interesting handling for ACAAN or OP effect)

A borrowed deck of card is shuffled by the spectator.
A card is freely selected (Free choice: AD) and lost in the middle of the deck using some cuts and also via quick shuffle.
At this point the magician asks the spectator to look through the deck
and to select some cards ( For example the spectator 3S 10C 9S ).

Now the magician asks the spectator to sum the value of these 3 cards together:
3+10+9= 22.

The magician recaps all: "A borrowed deck of cards is shuffled by the spectator and a card has been freely selected. A number has been freely selected using 3 others cards and the deck is never touched by me and I don't know what is the identity of your card. It is amazing if the card at position 22 is exactly your selection?"

The spectator counts at 22 and his card, AD, will be there

(You can use the same handling for OP just to have to name Any card before to start the effect )

I hope you will like it.

Thank you everyone that have supported my effects.

Bye,
Tommy.


:)

Tommy you are very generous man to give away another free bonus.
It will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

(_Louis Cipher_)
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5599 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 06:07, Jon Hackett wrote:

* In my opinion for real workers the best method will be at least something like Barrie Richardson's Impromptu Acaan, but what is really important is the presentation.

Presentation
Presentation
Presentation

* And yet of the 4,382 books on ACAAN Tommy/MP have released, how many are on the presentation of the effect? Which, by the way, is an extremely difficult effect to present correctly.

JH

P.S. Yawwn indeed...


That's your opinion and you have all rights to your opinion. And I respect everyone’s opinion. But . . .

I believe if a magician is worth his salt, he should be quite capable of creating his own presentation. Presentation is integral to ones own style of performance which in turn is directly linked on the type of effect, the patter & the kind of audience one is entertaining.

I also believe that in magic, there is nothing like an extremely difficult effect or anything impossible. The only difficult thing is to find the time to put in adequate practice so as to master an effect.

Tommy has a passion for ACAAN effects and he has created one of the finest effects and plots on the subject. In spite of all odds against him, Tommy continued regardless and today we see his work being much appreciated and he has made a name for himself. He is known as one of the masters of ACAAN. And this is not my opinion; it is the opinion of the masters/ pundits in the field of card magic.

And that's my opinion on presentation.

Sorry if I sounded rude, but be assured that was not my intention.

Thank you.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
"He is known as one of the masters of ACAAN. And this is not my opinion; it is the opinion of the masters/ pundits in the field of card magic."

In terms of 'glasnost' I was interested as to whom those masters were, Berglas, Marc Paul, J. Born, Stephen Minch, Kaufmann and Racherbaumer of coarse would be the 'masters' of ACAAN no?

However, people should seriously respect the gentleman's 'Ustaad' opinion. He is a very well versed competent member of our 'wee' community here.

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
This sounds like a really good effect. Almost too good to be true though. Does the description play as it reads? No offense, I'm just worried about getting another Whitestar which I am sorely disappointed with - I expected something that was not another OOTW.
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
It honestly does Smile
Completely hands off, 100% Impromptu, Deck can be shuffled by spectator before the effect, ends clean. Smile
Its very good!

Kyle
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of monello74
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 10:11, crestfallenLyric wrote:
This sounds like a really good effect. Almost too good to be true though. Does the description play as it reads? No offense, I'm just worried about getting another Whitestar which I am sorely disappointed with - I expected something that was not another OOTW.


Hi,
the description matches 100% with the effect. I didn't hide anything. Anyway this is just a free bonus. I will send it when it is ready.

Kyle:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment Smile

Bye
Tommy
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi all,

I see a LOT of names I respect here: Narendra Ustaad, Jon Hackett, Uli Weigle, Kyle MacNeill, and Tommaso Guglielmi.

Those of us who have been in magic any length of time know all too well the hyperbole to which we are subjected from less than honest dealers, magazine ads, internet ads, etc., and frankly, we are RIGHTFULLY guarded about anything that claims to be the best.

Which brings me to my subject. When I had purchased Subtle Scam, I liked the effect VERY much. However, in my post about it I had mentioned that there were grammatical errors that I found troubling. Tommaso saw this and PM'd me asking if I would do some correcting. I am pursuing a Master's degree (this fall perhaps switching to a PhD), and at the same time I perform professionally both as a magician and a musician, so, when school is "in" my time is VERY precious and the pressure is insane. Nonetheless, I decided to edit the most obvious errors and make clarifications where I could. (I hasten to add that I asked for no money from Tommaso. The little work I did was a thank you gesture. A full translation on the other hand, well, THAT will cost a bit Smile ) I even mentioned that I would be honored if Tommaso would send his NEXT manuscript in Italian so I could do a translation DIRECTLY into proper English (I also offered the same for Spanish and Romanian speakers). It is VERY hard to correct syntax and grammar two steps removed from the original language.

Since the other three languages I speak are Romance languages (Italian, Romanian, and Spanish), I understand the syntax and I understand how hard it can be to translate what one really means when one struggles with a second language. My French is AWFUL and I have said things in French that weren't accurate and were taken incorrectly.

Do I think that Tommaso's ACAAN work is the best ever written? No, I do not. Do I think it is excellent? Absolutely. What I sense from Tommaso's language is that he is saying that his work IS worthy of study in that it brings some good ideas to the table. I DO think he trapped himself unwittingly in the hyperbole machine. We ALL know that such statements are analogous to the gazelle inviting the lion to have lunch on him Smile

Jon, I agree with you that Barrie Richardson, John Born, David Berglas, Marc Paul, and the other luminaries are CERTAINLY worth the study. Berglas and Richardson are, I think, ESSENTIAL study in fact. You know as well as I do my friend that the Berglas effect is considered by many to be the epitome of the work on acaan. Perhaps this is partly due to the mythic accounts surrounding it.

I DO think that Tommaso will, if he keeps at it, join these names and will be recognized as a true maven of this plot.

All,

Presentation is always a tough thing to teach, and a lot of magicians unfortunately ignore presentation. All one needs to do is to watch some of these people on YouTube, or, better yet, go to one of your local magic meetings. By all means, gird your pancreas well against the onslaught of: "this is a regular deck of cards" etc.

I think Tommaso has learned his lesson about hyperbole. He is proud of his work and the fact that he wants the work translated properly I think says more about him as a person. If he makes a few euros or pounds or dollars, then God bless him.

Perhaps maybe we could cut him some slack? I am not attacking anyone or singling anyone out. Jon, I mentioned your post in particular because I think THAT is what marks th point where Tommaso became unwittingly ensnared. I know you enough through your writings Jon that you are FAR from being a malicious sort. You are a VERY well informed mentalist and magician, and I think your chiding of Tommaso was misunderstood as much as his hyperbole was.

I hope that I have not offended ANYONE; I hope too that perhaps the exchange was one of miscommunication. We are ALL passionate about this art we love so well and in that EVERYONE here should be glad Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Wait till you read Tommy's wonderful version, called SR ACAAN in "Run Silent Run Deep". It's sweet as!

July 31 here we come!

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 18:59, Ben Harris wrote:
Wait till you read Tommy's wonderful version, called SR ACAAN in "Run Silent Run Deep". It's sweet as!

July 31 here we come!

Benny


Ben,

I cannot WAIT!!! I LOVE Silent Running and I am placing my order at Lybrary.com tomorrow (which is your today and... oh you know what I mean Smile )

I am truly excited by the possibilities that await. Silent Running has worked a treat for me already. Spectators get that "Oh S***!! NO WAY!!!" reaction we ALL love Smile

Thanks for a GREAT effect Ben!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad

PS: I have no doubt that Tommaso's contribution is a valuable addition
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of monello74
Hi all,
I sent Arcane Coincidence to everyone.

Maybe, in a second moment, I will change something in order to make my explanation as clean as possible, but at moment I do not have more time and I decide to send the current version. I have some big problem to solve first :-(

Anyway I hope you like it.

Bye,
Tommy.

PS. I want say many thanks for your help at: Doctor REvil, Vlad_77, Ben Harris, entity. Without your help my effects would not exist. Thank you so much.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of monello74
Ops I forgot another person who helped me in all my pdf: CardWiz!!!

Pardon me for my big mistake!! Smile

Bye
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick
will4gzus
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
Tommy I got subtle scam from library.com how do I get your bonus? thanks
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of monello74
Quote:
On 2010-07-28 20:29, will4gzus wrote:
Tommy I got subtle scam from library.com how do I get your bonus? thanks


I Will, I sent yesterday the bonus to Lybrary, I believe Chris will inform you when the update will be available as already happened in past.

Anyway I will try to inform him again with another mail.

Thank you.

Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3690 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks, Tommy! Got it now too. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of monello74
Quote:
On 2010-07-29 06:35, JanForster wrote:
Thanks, Tommy! Got it now too. Jan


Jan:
many thanks to you Smile

I will inform that the bonus now is available on Lybrary too.

I hope you like it.

Bye,
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Folks,

Tommaso really gives you quite a lot of value for your money. Yes, I and others have helped him with the vagaries of English BUT, we all did this for free because we want to see Tommaso's work out there for study and written as clearly as possible.

I have to say that Tommaso has this Marlo-like tendency to hang onto to a plot and explore and explore. That is a VERY good thing.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Subtle Scam ( ACAAN and Think of a card ) by Tommaso Guglielmi (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL