The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Nothing up my sleeve... Ľ Ľ Quicky: Which Ammar video? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Abacus
View Profile
New user
Australia
44 Posts

Profile of Abacus
Hi all!

Ok, Iíve gone over the Ammar beginners DVD a couple times (and I will go over them a few more, no doubt) and have decided to move on to one of his Money Miracle videos.

Iím thinking of getting Number 1 or 2. Iíd love to learn his shadow coins routine, it looks cool Smile Iíve noticed a few of the routines use notes.

How many, if any, of these would work on Australian money? (our notes are plastic). Anyway, at $80 bucks a pop, which would you go for??

Ben
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4732 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Wow...a very tough choice to make indeed.

$80 seems a little high, is that per volume?

Anyway, all of Ammarís videos are top notch (in my opinion), so any volume will do, itís all a matter of opinion I guess. I personally would start with one, then get the second, and so on.

Itís been a while since Iíve watched them, so I can not recall if the "paper money" segments would be usuable with your currency.

However, I believe that even if you can not use the paper money effects, there is still plenty of material to make the purchase a sound investment. Let us know how it works out! Smile

Life is not a problem to be solved...

but a mystery to be lived.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Ammarís tape is fine except that for paper money, youíll have some problems as your currency is in plastic. BTW how do you do a $100 bill switch with your currrency Smile

Anyway, David Rothís Basic Coin Magic has a routine "Chink a Chink" which has the same effect but different method as Ammarís Shadow Coin. For Ammarís routine, youíll need something which I think you should already have. If you do not have it, itíll set you back by another $40 or so to learn this routine. Smile
Bernard Sim
Mark V
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Mark V
I saw Ammar perform Shadow Coins at a lecture a few years ago and you're right, it does look cool. You should know that it isn't suitable for all performance situations due to angles.

If you want to learn it, it's on volume two.

Mark V
donaldlaporte
View Profile
New user
new hampshire
46 Posts

Profile of donaldlaporte
If you're interested in doing a few timeless classics at the table, check out the Johnny Thompson videos. He is a great teacher, talking about all the effects to give you a little history. Really top notch stuff.

don
hobbymagic
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
61 Posts

Profile of hobbymagic
You may be able to get a much better deal using the web. Try

http://www.ammarmagic.com
craig fothers
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of craig fothers
80 bucks a piece is the price in Aussie dollars... it's thanks to the price of importing the darn things and also because PAL is a little more costly than NTSC format.

Abacus, I looked at buying some vids mail order from the States but I'm not sure just how much 'cheaper' it actually ends up being...

I couldn't decide whether to get his intro to coins dvd or to start collecting 'easy to master card miracles'. I ended up getting one of each - and they are both really, really excellent. Smile

makes it hard to choose hey?

I've now got volume 2 of card miracles and in the next month I'll aim at buying volume 3... I really think that they are fantastic. I've heard his easy to master money miracles are really great too...

Do you buy from Sean Taylor? He's watched just about every video he sells... he might be able to help
Abacus
View Profile
New user
Australia
44 Posts

Profile of Abacus
I've emailed Sean once or twice about stuff, but haven't checked on a price for this. I'll give it a go... His shop is VERY cool.. but so far away from Bondi..

The only on-line place I have ever used to buy things was magictricks.com.au
(same as those UK guys). They were really good, even got me John Lovicks video from the UK at no extra charge..

Thanks for the advice all

Ben

Bernard Sim:

Can't say I know exactly how the "Bill Switch" is done, except that it uses a TT, so I can't say if it would work on our currency or not...

I did see Joe Labero do it on stage though.

It can still be folded, but it must be held firmly because it springs back. Maybe you could use the Gypsi Switch??

Ben
craig fothers
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of craig fothers
In Australia the bill switch isn't as flashy. You take 2 hundred dollar notes and change them into 100 U.S. dollars... at your local money exchange.

how I hate the economy.

Abacus - Sean is open on Thursday nights till 9 and most of Saturday. He's expensive. But his shop *** well rocks. If he weren't so good at demoing, I'd be a wealthier man I'm sure Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Nothing up my sleeve... Ľ Ľ Quicky: Which Ammar video? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL