The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cruise line questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I have just made a great contact with a cruise line about performing on their ship. I don't know if I want to take the opportunity or not. But it did get me thinking about a few cruise questions.

Along time ago, I was part of another act that worked on a ship. I had nothing to do with the booking, I just showed up and did what I do... There where two very sweet things about this gig. The first thing was the pay. This job seemed to pay a whole lot.

So my first question is what type of pay can one expect from a cruise line gig. I know it depends on your negotiations, your ability, your act, etc... but what are some ball park figures a performer can look at?

The second thing that really appealed to me about the old gig, was that it was a week long cruise, and we could actually get off the ship and fly home for about 3 days. We got to the port on Friday (or whatever day it was), did shows on Saturday and Sunday, and flew out of a port town on Monday morning. We then flew back to Florida on Friday morning and jumped back on the ship. Can this type of situation still happen on a ship?

I will be talking with the director again on Tuesday, so any input would be great. I would like to have some info in my utility belt when I talk to her.

Thanks in advance

Scott
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19625 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Of course it could happen, but I would learn to manage my expectations if I were you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2464 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
When you're just starting with a new cruise line you pretty much take what they offer. Starting money should be around $2500 a week. Make sure you're only doing your shows and no other duties on the ship.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3639 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Paul Romhany has a VERY good book out that is very current about working cruises, and his experiences. It's not that expensive either.

B
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cruise line questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL