The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Has Anyone Seen This Live? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RayLum
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of RayLum
Lawrence and Priscilla has the original version (you can't take it off the base) I think it's still in there show.
Lum Entertainment Group presents Illusionist Ray Lum
KMD - Kustom Magic Design
www.kmdfabrication.com
www.illusionistraylum.com
Email: Ray@illusionistraylum.com
Las Vegas, NV
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
RayLum and Joyjoy,

Thanks for the information.

Yes, I saw the video clip and I loved!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
RayLum
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of RayLum
Paul Gross the owner of Hocus Pocus Magic came by the shop the other day and saw the prop, said it's the best one man illusion he ever seen! He was blown away by the craftsmanship!
Lum Entertainment Group presents Illusionist Ray Lum
KMD - Kustom Magic Design
www.kmdfabrication.com
www.illusionistraylum.com
Email: Ray@illusionistraylum.com
Las Vegas, NV
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
742 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I also have a routine written where I use hot air ballons to do the lift..
I plan to do that some day.. With a cool story and letting go of the ballons etc..
You can't do this in the round.

This wasn't suppose to be a no assistant No Feet Illusion... It was suppose to be a magician floating up in a box with a bottom.. This is a Jim Steinmeyer illusion.
The way it works may be cooler than the effect it's self.
I have two friends that own one and Copperfield has one and Criss...

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
halewyn
View Profile
New user
Lille, France
71 Posts

Profile of halewyn
Where can we see the video ?
mantooth
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of mantooth
This looks great... Can you do it on a stage where the audience is point of view is looking straight thru the bottom? ie... in the demo, does the camera position matter? I understand the blaney angles...but wanted to see if it's angle proof on the bottom.

Also, how much does it go for? They didn't have a price posted on the site.

thanks
dodent
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of dodent
I just purchased this illusion and am looking forward to adding it to my show. There are only a handful of these out there. Ray Lum, I'll be contacting you soon to ask for your "tips"!
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
427 Posts

Profile of serg
Please look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izswyg7JxY8 Luca Volpe perform. And I see before Criss Angel also...
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1267 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
It is a presentational mistake, in my opinion, to show the box bottomless, as Volpe does. By doing so, the incorrect impression is given - that the performer and box are floating separately. Why the need for the box, then?
The logic of this piece is that the performer is standing in a box which then floats up, carrying the performer with it (the ropes are restraints; the implication being that if they were removed the box would simply fly away) . If there was no bottom on the box, this wouldn't happen, logically speaking. The performer would remain on the ground as the box floated up around him/her.
It's all in the reflexes.
DavidThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of DavidThomas
My Friend, David Hira, just purchased this illusion. I can't wait to take a look. David is one of the best motivational speakers around and his premise for the prop sounds very interesting.
David Thomas
TheWorldofMagic.com
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
823 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Any new reports on how this illusion plays live? I've yet to see it performed and wondering what kind of reaction it gets.
It's quite a baffling illusion, especially since it is assembled in front of the audience, however it's also a pretty quick trick. Up and down... not much more to do.

While it's not super high on my list, I'm always interested in 1-man illusions like this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Has Anyone Seen This Live? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL