We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Lighting exspcecially for club juggling (red light on red clubs_ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mika
View Profile
New user
USA & Germany
100 Posts

Profile of mika
I am starting this new topic, because I would like to hear what other think on lighting issues and how to have good lighting.

I played my club routine 11 times in 2 weeks, but on one occasion on a big professional stage- where I even had a light check I did horribly...for example tricks like floridges and backcrosses that are usually super solid I dropped- it was like the clubs came out of nowhere (out of the black)...i have red clubs and the light technician said I will give you some red light, becaue it's a Tango theme...but I wonder if the red actually was the reason for my problem seeing...it seemed to make the clubs white or not visable enough

PS: it seemed the stage was not lit enough... I read with interest the article in juggle about lighting...i might get a video..so I might be able to see what it was

I wonder what others have to say from their experience with lighting and what they think important...
Chris G.
View Profile
New user
Germany
62 Posts

Profile of Chris G.
When juggling on a stage, it is not only required that the light comes from the front, so the audience can see, you also need light for yourself to see your props. Best for this is light from the back from ground level, then it goes in the same direction as your eyes, when you look at your props. Light from the back is sometimes difficult because it must not disturb your audience.

Chris
fettucinibrother
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
306 Posts

Profile of fettucinibrother
The article in Juggling was very thorough and well written. During my hiatus from performing a few years back, I worked in stage production, specializing in lighting. I learned a lot about lighting that I have been able to integrate into my world as a juggler/performer. As a juggler, the most important light, for you, is what I refer to as " the juggler's Special". It is a floor mounted light (Par can or Fresnel) that is masked from blinding the audience (behind a prop case or leg (side curtain) it will shine a light onto your props from below and behind you so that they are never in shadow from your perspective. If all you use is front and side lighting then your props will always be in shadow from your perspective and look like they are "coming out of nowhere" at you. I know a number of top professional juggler who actually travel with their own light for this specific purpose. Smart move, in my book. Look into it.
http://www.fettucinibrothers.com
http://www.greatfettucini.com
http://www.fettucinientertainment.com

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Lighting exspcecially for club juggling (red light on red clubs_ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL