The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Seven Keys: Unlocking the Past, Present, and Future (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
I am very pleased to let you know that Vinny Marini is now offering my "Seven Keys" routine on his website:

http://www.vinnymarini.com/sevenkeys/

Imagine showing a group of strangely compelling keys and being able to give some amazingly accurate personality readings! You become a true teller of fortunes with this unique routine.

Here are what others have already said:

"I received your 'Seven Keys' and after reading it and absorbing your marvelous use of Tim Holtz's intriguing keys, I can't wait to give it a try. Great thinking. Great presentational materials. I am a new fan of Scott Grossberg." – Larry Becker

"The more I work with these, the more I really like them. I’m sure that anyone who does readings of any kind will immediately see the incalculable value of these. This is an extremely fun, durable, practicable, portable, and unique method of reading. Highly recommended." – Jheff

"I think these keys are incredible and wish I had discovered them before now,
and a big thanks to Scott for calling them to our attention. Scott's book,
even though it's small, is densely packed full of ideas to get you started giving readings with this charismatic set of magical tools. Anyone with a modicum of storytelling and reading skills should be able to fly with them." – John Riggs
jaybest
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of jaybest
Very nice, am def considering picking these up, very different.
powerwords
View Profile
New user
Indonesia
73 Posts

Profile of powerwords
Ordering this.....
BE GOOD, if you can't then BE CAREFUL, if it's hard then BE BAD!!!
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Just ordered it myself.

I've found that things from Scott are always exciting! Scott is a very creative, knowledgeable person -- these characteristics are also found in his works. And I'm sure that this will be no different! Can't wait to get it Smile

David
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thank you, all. I look forward to your "thoughts" and comments as you join me in the adventure that is "The Seven Keys."
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Also ordered it today. It looks very interesting.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Had to order this, the concept of unlocking the past, present and future was terrific. The keys are great. I've never really done readings but believe this method is achievable, well that's what I'm hoping.
Damon Reinbold
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Damon Reinbold
Leads to a number of intriguing idaes. Looking forward to it with anticipation.

regards,

Damon
Damon Reinbold
<BR>2011 President, S.A.M. Assembly 71
<BR>2011 President, IBM Ring 90
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
873 Posts

Profile of andykean
Ordered mine!

Hoping that take a chance's comments - apply to me!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I received any email confirming shipment of the Keys and booklet the same day taht I ordered it. Great customer service! I look forward in reading the ideas in the booklet.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Same here, Michael.

Scott - do you recommend a suitably rustic key ring/fob to keep them together?
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thanks, again, everyone for your terrific emails, IMs, and posts here on the Café! The response to the Seven Keys has been incredible. I am currently considering putting together a supplement that will contain additional thoughts, ideas, and routining/effects. If you'd like me to consider inclusion of something, please let me know through a Private Message.

Mark - Funny you should ask. I've had this discussion with others privately. My preference is to either carry the keys loose (because I include my own haunted key in the mix - a similar suggestion that was made by John Riggs, by the way) or use a ball-and-chain (or something similar) with a "tag" that can be engraved in any speciality store (for use as a prediction or . . . ) Depending on the length of the chain you carry the keys upon, you could then use that same chain to turn one of the keys into a pendulum.

Of course . . . if you want to make this REALLY personal . . . have your chain long enough that you can have a chosen key worn around a person's neck and hanging over their heart . . .

I have not yet played with carrying the keys in a key wallet. However, the introduction of such a wallet would then make a nice transition into using that wallet for a later effect (e.g. converting the key wallet for use with a peek or load).

Just some quick thoughts. For those of you who have ordered, please keep the rest of us posted on your successes with The Seven Keys once you have a chance to play with them!

All my best. - Scott
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Out of interest Scott, which is your preferred haunted key?

This loks truly great, I have always admired what you do, I look forward to getting this in the passing of time.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Jon - Greetings and thank you for the kind comments.

So there is no confusion, I don't use a gimmicked key. I have spent a long time searching for the perfect but normal skeleton key that allows me to do the haunted key effect the good, old fashioned way. The key fits in well, in my opinion, with the other keys.

I carry them wrapped altogether in a chain (rather than having them hooked on a key ring or fob). I use that chain for a variety of things (including pendulum work). I hasten to add that you can place the chain through the base (opening) of one of the keys, hold the two ends of the chain by either hand with the key hanging down between the hands, and then do pendulum work that way, as well. You can even have the spectator hold the chain/key and watch it dip down as an indicator.

My chain also happens to be long enough that I can do my version of Fast and Loose. I say "my" version because I have one of the keys chosen by the spectator and then that key is held by the spectator inside one of the loops and the key is, miraculously, ALWAYS able to find the side that catches. When just a finger is used, the loops fails to hold fast. The key knows!

Also, for those of you who might remember the old Boy Scout effect where you place a paperclip over a knife and the paperclip then travels up and down the utensil, there is a way to do a version with the key and chain. If you will hold the key/chain as I indicated, above, and rest the free end of the key slightly against the table and leaning towards one side, practice innocently tightening and loosing the tension on the chain and you can make the key move!

Just some thoughts. Enjoy. - Scott

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 10:23pm
Well . . . a unique situation has arisen. The response to The Seven Keys has been so intense, that I only have 5 sets of keys and booklets left!

A new order has been placed and the actual keys should arrive shortly. In the meantime, I wanted everyone to know so they won't try and order and then be disappointed by having to wait. I will let everyone know when they are available, again.

Anyone who has already placed their order through Vinny's site will receive your order without having to wait.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your support. - Scott
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Your Seven Keys are wonderful.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10784 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Scott the seven keys went like hot cakes.your idea with the chain, and fast and loose even has the slight of hand buffs e mailing me ... for me the keys is much better than a Faro deck and more practacle
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Just received mine. Great looking keys. Very unique and intersting presentations. Terrific booklet of ideas. Hihgly recommended.

Mihcael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Just got this as well. The thick booklet of ideas and tips is very well written and insightful, and I believe worth the asking price alone. The keys are gorgeous. They have a heft and an authenticity to them. This is the sort of effect/routine that could play as light or as serious as you choose.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
873 Posts

Profile of andykean
Got mine in New Zealand already!
great service will look in detail at them this weekend
first look great quality A bargain!!!
thanks Scott
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10784 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The seven keys will bve available in a out one to two weeks
vinny\ vinnymarini.com
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Seven Keys: Unlocking the Past, Present, and Future (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL