The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Twist Tie" by Jason Palter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

After many design issues and production delays, my latest effect, "Twist Tie" is now on sale!

Almost all of us have they "typical" magician's card necktie.....You know, the one that is usually made out of polyester, covered with images of cards, and just SCREAMS, "Hi, I'm a magician!".

Well what makes "Twist Tie" so exciting is that it is so versatile and can be used whenever you need to wear a tie. The hip and stylish, 100% custom silk tie supplied takes the concept to a new level.

You will be proud to wear this neutral-toned necktie anytime, and always have an extremely visual and unique card reveal ready to go. Designed by a professional artist, it is 100% silk and can be worn with your best suit, or paired with jeans and a button down shirt. The best part of the tie is that the card back design does not overtly stand out! In fact, many spectators will not even realize that there is a card there—until you point it out during the routine.

I plan on an early August release for "Twist Tie", and here is a youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0GeukwfaGU

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Nice, Jason!
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Very nice indeed.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Anything to get rid of those cheesy old card ties! Looks great Jason!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
This is stupendously glorious!

Regards,
Mike
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
In the words of Borat, 'I like!!'

Good work on bringing this concept up to date Jason.

Best,

Ben Williams
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
I love it! Jason, the demo sold me! I'm so looking forward to this being released. Keep us posted.
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
I just noticed your prerelease price too. What a deal! I think that price is in the ballpark for a high-end necktie that DOESN'T do magic tricks!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I didn't care for what I saw. I guess I'd have to see more applications to be interested. Maybe after some reviews I'll feel different.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thank you so much for the comments; I am thrilled to say that the sales of these have been really amazing for the past couple of days!

As you know, the demo video for "Twist Tie" only showed the main routine (and credit goes to my good friend Peter Loughran for the "2 fives" idea). There are SO MANY possible routines that you can do with the tie---which will be on the DVD---and I've been receiving some AMAZING ideas from other magicians. Here are a couple from my friend Bill Abbott:

1. THE AMBITIOUS TIE: Of course, you f**** the 5 of Clubs, and go through your regular Ambitious Card routine, having the 5 rise to the top numerous times. For the finale, hand them the 5 of Clubs. Remove the tie (you haven't shown the spectators yet that you have a card face on the tie) and wrap the deck in the tie. The spectator sticks the card into the deck. Mention to them how impossible what you are about to do is.....They themselves have stuck the card in, and the deck is wrapped in a tie, and yet you will make the card come up to the top. They turn over the top card, and it is of course not the 5. Remind them that you said you were going to make the card come up to the TOP, and you then remove the tie and show the 5 of Clubs imprinted on it!

2. SWEATING: This is a hilarious comedy bit, that for those of you who perform this style (like Bill and I) will find it will work very well. This is very visual and might be hard to describe here, but try and go with me on this.....Use the tie as a finish to a multiple card selection, and again, don't show them that you have the card face on the tie. So after (for example) the 3 cards are chosen, you find 2 of them using your favorite methods. The last card remaining to be found is the 5 of Clubs, but you just can't find it anywhere in the deck! Keep showing the spectator cards from the deck ("Was this yours?....NO?.....Okay, how about this one?.....Still no?....Seriously?.....), as you're getting more and more nervous. Then just say, "Wow, this is making me nervous here....I'm sweating!", and just pick up the bottom of the tie and gently dab it on your forehead----but you're flashing the 5 of Clubs on the other side! Very funny!

Anyhow, please let me know if you have any other questions, and certainly feel free to send me or just post your own ideas! Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Jason, reading the description of Sweating gave me a germ of an idea: Your Wiregram doesn't reveal the card as it usually does, but instead does this:

http://www.grand-illusions.com/acatalog/Hot_Wire.html

"It is kind of hot in here," you admit as you dab your forehead with the tie. TA-DA!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hi jlibby:

That is a great idea; good thought!

Here is another thought from Richard Sanders; so simple but sooooo effective: Just do a "Rub-away" vanish (they have never noticed that the card is there), and rub the card away, and now show that it is part of the tie!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I just wanted to let everyone know that the limited supply that was designated for the pre-order special is almost gone. Please head over to our site and order now if you want to take advantage of this special. Once they are gone, the trick will be back to the regular retail price.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thank you so much for the fantastic response to my "Twist Tie". It's great that so many of you have responded to our pre-order special. As you read on my site, the special was only on until the limited supply was sold. The amount that we set aside for the pre-order special is now sold out.

BUT don't worry, we still have available units for this first run----but they are going fast. They are now at the regular retail price, and they will be shipping the 1st week of August.

However, it MIGHT be several weeks until we do another production run, so please pre-order to avoid disappointment if you want one of these first units.

Thank you again for all of your business, ideas and support.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I just wanted to let you know that "Twist Tie" is now in stock and shipping! Those of you who ordered directly should be receiving your trick in the mail very soon, and for the rest of you they should be in stock at your local shop also very shortly (if your dealer doesn't have them, then tell them to contact me for ordering information).

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Ooops! One other thing I forgot to mention:

After many requests we have put up a photo of the actual tie (not just the artwork), so you can see the detail and how----if I do say so myself lol----classy and cool the design looks!

As I've mentioned, the 100% silk tie will not only look great with a pair of jeans and white dress shirt (for the more casual performers), but also it looks fantastic with your best suit (for you more "dressy" performers)----and I think that you will be able to see this from watching the demo video and also looking at the photo.

Thank you again for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Bravo, Jason! Twist Tie is a stylish necktie, and a novel card reveal to boot. Perfect for the well-dressed magician. Besides using it for shows, I may just have to wear it to the office one day soon!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
http://www.funnybirthdayshow.com
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thanks so much Joe! You were one of the first people to pre-order this from me, and I'm glad that it didn't disappoint!

Because the ties only started shipping to shops and individuals within the last 10 days, the full "flood" of reviews (so to speak) hasn't come in yet. However I'm very fortunate that the few that have come in and have been posted so far---like yours---have been extremely positive.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you again, Joe!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Twist Tie" by Jason Palter (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL