The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » DeLorian by Dave Forrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Okay, so my buddy Dave Forrest is at it again and he's come up with a really, really good folded card revelation. It's called DeLorian and it's available now as a download on his website: http://www.full52.com

The card under cellophane plot is one I have played with myself. But Dave has added an element to it that is so deceptive that after watching it, I literally slapped my head and shouted, "D*mnit! I wish I had thought of that!" His addition just makes the whole thing look soooo freakin' clean.

But make no mistake, you are not just buying the secret behind the cool gimmick. No, you are also getting a full professional routine with a great time travel presentation. And even if you don't use the whole routine, there are some bits and pieces you probably will use.

Anyway, yeah, I'm biased. Dave and I have worked together and I love his stuff. But this is really good. And I would be writing this even if I didn't know him.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
This looks very cool, does it double as a utility device?.
can it be adapted to say use a business card?.. if I wanted to switch in a written prediction for example?.

thanks in advance.

sdp
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Cameron,

Thanks man - glad you liked it, I kinda knew you would! We've worked together? People will begin to think we're legitamate professionals if you keep talking like that... Smile

dylan,

Yes - you can switch other objects by constructing different gimmicks. Construction time is approximately 3.4 tenths of a second. That may be a slight exageration but my point is that it doesn't take long.

I'll try to cut together a 'demo' of sorts today and get it up on the website. It will show an edited version of the effect but you should hopefully get more of a flavour of what's going on here.

Incidentally, this is about 35 minutes of footage divided into seven chapters that plays like a mini website right in your browser. I've had a lot of nice comments about the format of this download - it's very user friendly.

As I was typing this I just had an e-mail from my friend Iain Moran who I sent a complimentary review copy. I'm sure Iain won't mind if I paste some of it in here:

"Thanks so much for DeLORIAN - absolutely brilliant as usual! Very simple, yet beautifully elegant. I've just made it up (basic version) and tried it in the mirror and the removal looks awesome. I also love how practical it is - it's always there if you want to use it, yet doesn't get in the way if you don't. Will be giving it a go at my gigs this weekend!

I'll make up a DeLORIAN DeLUXE this afternoon as I love the movement and will probably use the odd backed card version. I agree it will take all heat off the move, plus I don't end up with a 23 card deck after a couple of hours of walkaround - just add on a blue backed card from my pocket before I get to the next table."

Thanks Iain and thanks to everyone else for all the nice comments I've received!

All the best,

Dave.
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Thanks dave,
final question, I'd imagine spectators want to examine the box afterwards< is this possible?.

thanks again
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
It most certainly is.

Dave.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

The box can be handed out but I highly doubt anyone would want to examine the box as it apparently plays no role in the effect. The card in the cellophane is what's important. The card is opened and revealed to be the signed selection. End of effect. At that point, the box is totally irrelevant.

However, if someone does want to see the box, it can be handed right out.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Thanks guys,
I just mean if it can be shown that the "card" etc under the cellophane can be shown as no longer under the cellophane after the reveal ?,it doesn't have to be fully examinable, which if you say it can makes this a showstopper id guess.

cheers again fellas
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Dylan,

The cool thing is that the card is seen to be truly inside the cellophane and then cleanly removed. Trust me, when you see it, you will laugh at the cleverness of the method. It's a perfect illusion.

Cameron
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
I've posted a new 'performance' video. It has been edited in key places but I hope you'll all get a flavour of what the 'DeLorian' routine is all about.

All the best,

Dave.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Dave,

That looks GORGEOUS! All I need to do is work out the Pounds to Dollars conversion and I will be getting this!

Cameron,

Inquiring minds want to know when Moment's Notice 4 is due! Smile

Ahimsa to you legitimate pros Smile,

Vlad
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
It does look great Dave. I'm going to pick this up as well.

Vlad, Moments notice 4 is being released on July 8.
http://www.cameron-francis.com/Moment's-Notice-4.php

Best
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
I agree with everyone else, Dave--it looks fantastic. Question: for those of us who are all thumbs and generally avoid cards so as not to profane the art and frighten the horses (or their Lord), how difficult is it to do the moves?

Thanks!
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks to you all!

gmeister - the moves in the DeLorian routine are all pretty standard - to use the DeLorian gimmick you'll need to secretly fold a card. In the download I teach the Mercury Fold but any other fold can be substituted.

As far as actual difficulty goes - hard to say really. I'd say golf is hard but Tiger Woods probably wouldn't agree with me...if you see what I mean.

All the best,

Dave.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I'll be ordering this soon as well and will post a review.

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

As stated above, the moves for the routine are standard. However, you don't have to do the full routine as Dave does it. The card under cellophane effect could be adapted to any other effect you wish. if you can MCF a card, you can do the main effect.
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Great work Dave I really like this & so simple to make,clear explanations all set in its own control panel ! What a bargain price for the work involved in this project !

Like a lot of Daves work is very well thought out, a massive thumbs up !

I have made one up & am performing all day at a wedding tomorrow so I will defo road test this at least a few times, I can see the massive potential in this. I will report back.

Mark Southworth
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-07-01 17:05, Voldemort wrote:
It does look great Dave. I'm going to pick this up as well.

Vlad, Moments notice 4 is being released on July 8.
http://www.cameron-francis.com/Moment's-Notice-4.php

Best

Voldemort,

Thanks for the update! These are truly excellent e-books.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks guys,

Mark - how the devil are you man? Thanks so much for the thumbs up - really means a lot from such an inventive guy - and a genuine worker too. See you at BP next Feb?

To all of you who have e-mailed me - very many thanks! Here's what my good friend (and the genius behind 'Shmoke') Alan Rorrison said in a recent e-mail:

"I used it last night and all but one in a group of six jumped up and stood back while swearing there little heads off. The one who didn't was the one who signed the card, just sat there with her eyes open wide and her mouth even wider absolutely speechless. I must say I was not really prepared for a response like that but I'm glad I have this gem now."

Yeah - he got a comp copy but still...

Would YOU like a complimetary copy? Next ten e-mails get a copy of 'DeLorian' on the house: dave@full52.com

If you want to enter please type 'Great Scott!' in the subject line.

All the best,

Dave.
Randy B
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Randy B
E-mail sent!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Email Sent! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » DeLorian by Dave Forrest (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL